Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Do you get credit in your travel bank on award reservations?
Yes.
Not quite so cut-and-dry.

Better answer: YMMV
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:35 pm
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Why did no one tell me about this before! This seems to be the easiest free money UA offers to anyone even approaching being a frequent flyer, especially those of us who have a partner/wife/kids we book tickets for.

Now I just have to work out how to convince all my work colleagues to let me book their flights as well.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by TCD
Why did no one tell me about this before! This seems to be the easiest free money UA offers to anyone even approaching being a frequent flyer, especially those of us who have a partner/wife/kids we book tickets for.

Now I just have to work out how to convince all my work colleagues to let me book their flights as well.
Because you have not spent enough time googling and on FT. One round trip = $5. Two one ways = $10.

Unless you are doing it for fun, $5 or $10/ticket is not worth your time and effort when you run into problems.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Because you have not spent enough time googling and on FT. One round trip = $5. Two one ways = $10.

Unless you are doing it for fun, $5 or $10/ticket is not worth your time and effort when you run into problems.
What do you mean it's not worth your time? I do about 20 round trips a year for business and schedule them as one ways. That is 40*5 = $200 for a $25 investment. No brainer if you ask me. That doesn't even include the leisure travel and tickets I book for my wife on my account (award & paid)

BTW, I have been a FF for about 2 years(on FT for about a year) and this is the first time I heard about in this forum. Needless to say, I am signing up before I book my next UA ticket.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
What do you mean it's not worth your time?
I think he's saying that it's not worth your time to book for work colleagues, because booking support + IRROPS help typically is worth more than $5.

Yourself or your family is different, because you'd presumably be providing booking support and IRROPS help regardless.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I think he's saying that it's not worth your time to book for work colleagues, because booking support + IRROPS help typically is worth more than $5.

Yourself or your family is different, because you'd presumably be providing booking support and IRROPS help regardless.
Exactly. When you are booking for someone else, you are acting as his/her travel agent. When something goes wrong, you are responsible whether you like it or not. FlyngSvyr must not have had an experience with irregular operation, segment got cancelled or dropped.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Exactly. When you are booking for someone else, you are acting as his/her travel agent. When something goes wrong, you are responsible whether you like it or not. FlyngSvyr must not have had an experience with irregular operation, segment got cancelled or dropped.
Sorry, I didn't catch that you were responding about booking for others. I've had a few IRROPS for myself in the last year so I know what you are talking about. It wasn't too bad for me, but I could only imagine the headache of trying to fix someone else's mess.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Sorry, I didn't catch that you were responding about booking for others. I've had a few IRROPS for myself in the last year so I know what you are talking about. It wasn't too bad for me, but I could only imagine the headache of trying to fix someone else's mess.
When there is a major event like serious weather issues at different parts of the would, you are likely to spend 10's of minutes if not hours on hold for a CSR. Then being put on hold for even more 10's of minutes to have a simple issue resolved. You will be cussing and wishing you have never volunteered this reservation and would never do it again.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:22 pm
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
When there is a major event like serious weather issues at different parts of the would, you are likely to spend 10's of minutes if not hours on hold for a CSR. Then being put on hold for even more 10's of minutes to have a simple issue resolved. You will be cussing and wishing you have never volunteered this reservation and would never do it again.
I was actually thinking about booking tickets for colleagues when on joint trips, rather than on all their travel. If we're taking the same flight together I think I'd feel happy about fixing any IRROPS for a colleague as well as for myself, but I've never actually been in that situation.

In fact, I have no idea about the etiquette for an IRROPS when travelling with colleagues. I'm not sure how my boss would respond if I used status to fly home on my own while leaving them at the airport, and I'm not sure how I'd respond if the situation were reversed.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
I generally email [email protected] and they've always been prompt about getting my credit.

I noticed a lot of failures to credit in the past year:
- 5x partner award ticket for me
- random normal UA booking

Surprisingly I never have any trouble when I book for other people from my account on United, even with award tickets.

I generally keep track of all flights and whether I should get credit. Then once every 3-4 months I check the website, compare to my records, and bulk email for the ones I'm missing.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I finally got caught up on the credit that I am missing. Based on the pattern of when the adjustments get posted, it seems to be done biweekly (mid-month / end of month)...still have never gotten an actual response from the besupport2 email address.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I finally got caught up on the credit that I am missing. Based on the pattern of when the adjustments get posted, it seems to be done biweekly (mid-month / end of month)...still have never gotten an actual response from the besupport2 email address.
I have yet to receive one single response from besupport2 email address after several years. I doubt you will get a response from them.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I'm glad I saw this, I've been meaning to sign up for a while. I didnt before because my company books via a travel agency. However lately I've been booking more personal travel, certainly more than 2.5 round trips per year.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Do you get credit in your travel bank on award reservations?
you generally will not receive travel bank credit on X/XN fares, but if those fares are upgraded to R, the credit usually posts. that is my experience any way.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
you generally will not receive travel bank credit on X/XN fares, but if those fares are upgraded to R, the credit usually posts. that is my experience any way.
So far I have received credits for all of my award tickets. I usually have to email info in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.