Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by LIH
Also as someone who books 50+ legs annually for other people travelling with me, this TravelBank really helps. I honestly don't really get the point of the program for UA. Doesn't seem like enough of a carrot to actually change buying decisions but is a boon for someone in my spot who basically would have to do this anyway.
As I recall, it was originally set up to incentivize us to purchase through united.com instead of by phone or with other websites. Many websites have better pricing and incentive, TravelBank is less useful now.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I cancelled my ticket paid with TravelBank within the 24 hour refund window but still nothing yet. Any experiences on time frame for funds to be redeposited?
Old May 21, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I cancelled my ticket paid with TravelBank within the 24 hour refund window but still nothing yet. Any experiences on time frame for funds to be redeposited?
how long did ago did you cancel, and did you make sure you refunded the ticket vs. simply canceled it if it was done online? There are two different things, and one can cancel without actually refunding. If you're not sure, and given the issues I've seen with online refunds getting screwed up, may be best to call and verify.

But otherwise, Id give it a few days. I think you may be able to track the status on the refunds page - you can call in to ask about that as well. IME, a regular reservations agent may not know that much about TravelBank, and so it may be better to call web support for follow up.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
So yesterday I spent nearly 2 hours and was transferred 6 times (Mileage Plus desk-Reservations-Mileage Plus (again) -Visa credit card- The United Club-Mileage Plus (again)- Some sort of tech support expert off-shore who wanted to debate that my $5.00 credit to my "Travel Bank" (trip on 5/17) would post on it's own w/i 60 days ---NOT! Guess where this info is available to us mortals? Yep --- united.com Club (The Travel Club Credit) on our statement.

However, two hours well spent, on multiple holds, listening to Rhapsody in Blue, on my birthday, as I was promised that my $5.00 would now be posted w/i 5 to 10 days. Since everyone around the house was gone all day, this was my way of having 6 people wish me "Happy Birthday!"

What is really needed is a "Club" to knock some sense into the naming people that can't think of anything original --- except United Club!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2017 at 7:12 pm Reason: Cleanup after move
Old May 21, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED"
However, two hours well spent, on multiple holds, listening to Rhapsody in Blue, on my birthday, as I was promised that my $5.00 would now be posted w/i 5 to 10 days.
You spent two hours arguing over $5? I thought I was cheap!
Old May 21, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED"
So yesterday I spent nearly 2 hours and was transferred 6 times (Mileage Plus desk-Reservations-Mileage Plus (again) -Visa credit card- The United Club-Mileage Plus (again)- Some sort of tech support expert off-shore who wanted to debate that my $5.00 credit to my "Travel Bank" (trip on 5/17) would post on it's own w/i 60 days ---NOT! Guess where this info is available to us mortals? Yep --- united.com Club (The Travel Club Credit) on our statement.

However, two hours well spent, on multiple holds, listening to Rhapsody in Blue, on my birthday, as I was promised that my $5.00 would now be posted w/i 5 to 10 days. Since everyone around the house was gone all day, this was my way of having 6 people wish me "Happy Birthday!"

What is really needed is a "Club" to knock some sense into the naming people that can't think of anything original --- except United Club!
All you had to do was send an email with your flight/reservation info to [email protected].

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2017 at 7:11 pm Reason: Cleanup after move
Old May 21, 2017, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Originally Posted by riphamilton
All you had to do was send an email with your flight/reservation info to [email protected].
I figured that there was probably a simpler way to do this but it didn't know where to send an e-mail. I figured a simple/quick call to MP would take care of the matter in a few mins, but it turned into a lot of time because no-one knew how to credit my acct. It was kind-a one of those, "I'll give em another minute things!"

I did e-mail them at the address you provided and I really wish to thank you for the information.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Travelbank is down. I called UA because I was not getting the $5 credits for my last three flights. The "1K" agent had no idea what I was talking about and insisted on transferring me to MileagePlus. They said they do not handle that (surprise) and transferred me to the Web Support. Before I could even fully ask my question, Web Support bounced me back to MileagePlus. I then said that I knew that was wrong and the agent sent me back to Web Support. This time the Web Support agent knew of the issue and said that it is broken. We had to manually go through my past flights while he asked for confirmation number, flight numbers, dates, etc. He apologized but needed to fill out a form for each one. He said that this will be broken for the foreseeable future and to watch it and call in if it doesn't get fixed after my next flight. Since my next flight is tomorrow it looks like I'll be calling again.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Travelbank is down. I called UA because I was not getting the $5 credits for my last three flights. The "1K" agent had no idea what I was talking about and insisted on transferring me to MileagePlus. They said they do not handle that (surprise) and transferred me to the Web Support. Before I could even fully ask my question, Web Support bounced me back to MileagePlus. I then said that I knew that was wrong and the agent sent me back to Web Support. This time the Web Support agent knew of the issue and said that it is broken. We had to manually go through my past flights while he asked for confirmation number, flight numbers, dates, etc. He apologized but needed to fill out a form for each one. He said that this will be broken for the foreseeable future and to watch it and call in if it doesn't get fixed after my next flight. Since my next flight is tomorrow it looks like I'll be calling again.
You might want to look at the wiki - many people there just send an email to the listed address once a month to get their credits corrected (its worked for me too).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2017 at 7:07 pm Reason: Cleanup after merge; thanks for the link
Old May 23, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW I was properly credited fr two flights over the weekend.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I've found that the cancellation function on united.com is a bit finicky. As emcampbe mentioned, cancellation is separate from the refund. However I've found that the refund button sometimes doesn't work, so I have to keep clicking refund/cancel until I get a confirmation that a refund is on its way (i.e. the page reloads, and I'm still at a "your flight is cancelled do you want a refund" screen).

I've only ever cancelled "cash" (i.e. credit card paid) and award tickets, never a ticket with travelbank or ETC usage.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:32 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by televisor
...I've only ever cancelled "cash" (i.e. credit card paid) and award tickets, never a ticket with travelbank or ETC usage.
I would not be surprised if TravelBank works like ETCs and isn't refunded during a cancellation. I once had a $400 ETC that I used and then cancelled within the 24 hour window only to find out that UA's policy is not to refund that ETC. It took a "favor" from an 1K phone agent to reissue me an ETC as a courtesy.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LIH
I would not be surprised if TravelBank works like ETCs and isn't refunded during a cancellation. I once had a $400 ETC that I used and then cancelled within the 24 hour window only to find out that UA's policy is not to refund that ETC. It took a "favor" from an 1K phone agent to reissue me an ETC as a courtesy.
This is NOT correct (IMO) - policy is to refund the form of payment used. ETC is a form of payment.

What, by policy, doesn't get refunded are other vouchers and certificates. Honestly, since there merger, I haven't seen any other than ETCs issued, but things like the old 0106 certificates with percent offs, probably things like the freebee cert someone won and asked about in another thread yesterday, etc. My guess is the agent either didn't know what they were talking about, or somehow confused what you had used.

IME, UAs refund process in general doesn't work well, especially online, and it's definitely hard to get ETC info. In general if it wasn't properly sent. I'd guess that the process is somewhat or fully broken to get the refund back to a new ETC, not that the policy prohibits it. In fact, assuming this is for travel 1 week+ out, Id be filing a DOT complaint on the first sign of 'it's not policy'
Old May 27, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
DP: Refund posted back to TravelBank in 3 days.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
What is the longest anyone had to wait for the $5 to show up in their travelbank after emailing besupport2. I sent an email in about 8 days ago for a flight from 5/16.

I have emailed in before for a missing credit and it showed up in my account in a day or 2, just wondering how long I should wait before resending an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.