Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by sluFB63
Recently status matched from Delta Diamond to MilelagePlus PP and cruising around the website (which needs serious work) I saw a link to receive a coupon code for GE? Any other PP applied for this coupon and received it? Just trying to figure out what my chances of getting it are.
Close to 100% if you are Plat.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Can only get code emailed to you?

I am trying to get going on my application so I can try and get an appointment during a long layover at IAH in early February (failing that, I have another shot in late March).

The website tells me I can either request the code or view on screen. Naturally, I tried the latter but it takes me nowhere (actually, it either does nothing or takes me to the mobile home page on my browser). Any suggestions/similar experiences? I went ahead and requested it by email but why wait? Especially since it seems to take 1-2 days...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by GimmeLegRoom
I am trying to get going on my application so I can try and get an appointment during a long layover at IAH in early February (failing that, I have another shot in late March).

The website tells me I can either request the code or view on screen. Naturally, I tried the latter but it takes me nowhere (actually, it either does nothing or takes me to the mobile home page on my browser). Any suggestions/similar experiences? I went ahead and requested it by email but why wait? Especially since it seems to take 1-2 days...

Good luck. I signed up and the next interview I can get in DEN is June, 3 days after I leave for Europe!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:33 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by repcool
Good luck. I signed up and the next interview I can get in DEN is June, 3 days after I leave for Europe!
Keep checking back. Something earlier will hopefully open up.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:38 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by exerda
Keep checking back. Something earlier will hopefully open up.
When I got my conditional approval the earliest date I could get was in February. Two days ago I was able to get an appointment for Friday (tomorrow).
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Thanks for the replies... I was actually wondering about the part about getting code to get started... is it me? The website? For the interview part, I have picked up the tip about refreshing/checking often for earlier appointments - I remain hopeful

If it happens in time, great, if not, I am an expat who is usually lugging an empty suitcase home anyway, and with my routes, the baggage carousel at IAH/IAD/ORD/EWR/ATL etc. is the great equalizer, and in my observations I just get more time to wait past immigration instead of before it. However, if a quick carry-on trip happens, I would like the upper hand.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, WN A+
FYI, I had a GE interview in IAH last week in a new office they had opened last Monday.
The appointments were wide open ten days ago, and I was able to add a date last Wednesday with no issues during a layover inside the secure area. You might want to check and see if there are still openings. Had my card by Tuesday this week.
Good luck.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Applied for the global entry compensation on the United Website on Wednesday and never received any email.

When I go to check the status I get the message

"Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hope my request gets processed soon.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Interview schedule--check DAILY

LAX, next available date a couple of months out.

Called them, and they said check on line every day, we get cancellations.

Checked the next day, and a time was available day after.

So...check daily.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:06 pm
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
Qualified for Platinum on Dec 28, immediately applied for the reimbursement which went through after a couple of days. Then applied for GE. My application was pending for maybe 5 days. Just did the interview as a walk-in at IAH last week during a MR. They had a new interview office that wasn't well known. Already got my GE card and TSA PreCheck good to go
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
+1 on the reco's to check daily.
To that, I will add that if you're flying through an airport with a GEEC and you have a long enough layover, be sure to take their phone#'s and call them to ask about last minute cancellations.

My story: original appt was scheduled for sometime in February. I happened to be passing through SFO earlier this year, and called the SFO GE office to let them know I was there for the next 3 hours, in the event they had someone cancel... guy took my cell# and called me back within 10 minutes to say "come on down for the interview". Only downside was that I had to exit the sterile side and go back through security once the interview was finished.

Kudo's to the SFO CBP folks, they were very professional.

Last edited by mrjay; Jan 19, 2013 at 3:43 am
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mrjay
+1 on the reco's to check daily.
To that, I will add that if you're flying through an airport with a GOES site and you have a long enough layover, be sure to take their phone#'s and call them to ask about last minute cancellations.

My story: original appt was scheduled for sometime in February. I happened to be passing through SFO earlier this year, and called the SFO GOES office to let them know I was there for the next 3 hours, in the event they had someone cancel. TSA guy took my cell#. TSA called me back within 10 minutes and said to come on down for the interview. Only downside was that I had to exit the sterile side and go back through security once the interview was finished.

Kudo's to the SFO TSA folks, they were very professional.
Your terminology needs correction. There is no such thing as a GOES office. You interviewed at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. Also, the officers at the office work for CBP, not the TSA.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
So...check daily.
Correct. I couldn't find an available opening for months. Checked back daily and in a few days found many convenient times that had opened up. I had a 3 hour layover in IAH, so I went to the Center an hour before my appointment time and they took me right away.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
I need to sign up... Wonder how LNG backlog is for IAD?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Applied for the global entry compensation on the United Website on Wednesday and never received any email.

When I go to check the status I get the message

"Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hope my request gets processed soon.
Its been at least 4 days since I submitted my request and still nothing. Has anyone encountered this lately? Who would I contact regarding this? I am currently a 1K through January 31st and then downgraded to Gold but I would like to receive this before the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.