Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; pcdadr6350 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Mine email came today - one week later almost to the hour.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Yuengling
Just spent 30 minutes with the MP 1K desk and the end result was to tell me that the code generator is messed up and that I should just pay and then submit my receipt to [email protected].

The big problem is that I didn't requalify so my status is up 1/31. What do you think the odds are that I'll get my credit?
Good. It took me only a week to get the credit under the "old" system with only reimbursement as an option.

even if you don't get it, the $100 is well spent. (Of course, it's better if you get it).
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Received email with link to site to get my code. I thought I was going to have to pay and try and seek reimbursement.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Success!!

Following on my call yesterday (see post #762), I decided to try something slightly different than suggested.

1) I sent the following email to [email protected]

To whom it may concern:

I have tried, without success, to request a personalized code with which to apply for the Global Entry Program. After speaking with the 1K Mileageplus line, they recommended that I email this address to request a $100 personalized,stored-value credit card code, which can be used as payment during the Global Entry application process.

I have not yet completed an application for Global Entry.
Name on Account: Yuengling
MP Number: W*********
MP Status Level: Premier 1K

I can be reached at ***-***-**** if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Yuengling

2) three hours later, I had the following email response

Dear Yuengling - I have gone ahead and requested to code for you. Please allow one business day for this to process.

3) today (18 hours later) I got

Dear Yuengling,

Your personalized code for the Global Entry application fee is ready.

Please return to united.com/globalentrycompensation to view your code (may require sign-in). You will also be presented with the code's expiration date, billing adress and SIC number, which are required to redeem the code, during the Global Entry application process.

4) signed into united.com/globalentrycompensation and got the prepaid Mastercard number and then went to the Global Online Enrollment System. Took the MC number without incident.

Last edited by Yuengling; Jan 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reason: added final result.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:44 pm

FYI, IAH has a new enrollment office inside the secure area at the entrance of terminal E.

I tried to do my interview there, the officer checked his list and told me that mine appt was at downstairs.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:20 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Requested my credit by e-mail on 11/29. Got the auto-response e-mail.

Still haven't heard anything. Nor have I received a TravelBank credit.

Just sent another e-mail.

I should've known better than to think this would be easy with the new United
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Used the link posted on earlier posting, I got an personalized code looking like a credit card number after 3 days or so.

Name on card: Global Entry
Billing address: 600 Jefferson St., HQJAP Why use this address?
Houston, TX 77002
Credit card type: Master Card
Credit card number: 5550XXXXXXXXXXXX
Expiration date: XX/XX

It states that Applicants must be Global Services℠, MileagePlus Premier® 1K® or MileagePlus Premier Platinum members at the time of application to be eligible for this benefit. I wonder this number could be used for a ticket purchase on UA.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Just got notice that my status was changed to the interview stage. I logged on and for IAD, the first available were in late March/early April.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Originally Posted by wyoon
It states that Applicants must be Global Services℠, MileagePlus Premier® 1K® or MileagePlus Premier Platinum members at the time of application to be eligible for this benefit. I wonder this number could be used for a ticket purchase on UA.
As far as $100 will take you...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: Former Co Plat, current Premier Platinum, former US CP
Another UA IT Issue?

I've been trying since midday yesterday to get a UA Global Entry reimbursement code. I've tried eight times, including this morning (a few minutes ago--8:10 AM EST.) The continued, automated response is "technical difficulties", "try again later" Probably yet another IT glitch?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: Former Co Plat, current Premier Platinum, former US CP
Still Busy Trying to De-Entitle Elites

Finally got access to my UA Global Entry MasterCard credit--near midnight last (Friday night). Only took 12 "tries", a complaint Customer Care email, and a day and a half. Way to go UA! Glad to see you're still busy trying to de-entitle elites.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Took mine almost exactly 24 hours to process. I submitted yesterday afternoon at some point (I don't remember exactly when) and I received my code around 2:00pm today.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: DL Gold
Good luck with it working. I submitted for my code in January and got it within a day or so, but the credit card is rejected by GOES and UA still hasn't managed to get their head out of their backside to give me a new code.

UA tells me to call GOES. GOES tells me it's UA's problem.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:53 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
It took me 4 months (almost to the day) to get my $100 credit.

After literally half a dozen e-mails back and forth with the 1K desk.

They finally just said they would send me a check. About a week later I did receive a check... from Continental airlines.

Oh well, it didn't bounce, so I'm glad to finally have this resolved. I probably made about $8/hour on the deal
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Good luck with it working. I submitted for my code in January and got it within a day or so, but the credit card is rejected by GOES and UA still hasn't managed to get their head out of their backside to give me a new code.

UA tells me to call GOES. GOES tells me it's UA's problem.
YMMV it seems (like all UA IT). I applied for my code on Saturday...got it Monday...and GOES took the UA credit card info without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.