Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by frank_10b
well i screwed up on this, and applied for nexus instead of GE. have no idea how i did that but anyways i know that i will get GE with my Nexus but the issue is how do i get to a nexus service center. anybody know of any special nexus service centers that are not on the list because i rarely fly in or out of the great north.
thanks!
I screwed myself this way early in the year, there was no way my Canada trips were going to line up with an interview slot 3 months in advance. Then I lucked out having to trek to Halifax, that had effectively no interview backlog.

There are interview centers on the U.S. side of the border, though maybe you already know that. Perhaps find an excuse for a trip to Seattle, or such. Not sure the interview availability is any better however.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I just got my conditional approval and the next available interview date @SFO is in 3 months (?!) Is this typical?
One other thing to note is that you can always try a drop-in (unscheduled), if it's convenient. When I got to my appt, there was a girl there who didn't have an appt, but came with her friend who did. Two CBP officers were free, so they took us both, although I finished first. Could be worth your time. Just because tehy don't have any slots available doesn't mean there is a revolving door of GE interviewees at the CBP office.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:44 pm

When will the personlized code be sent

.bomb website says 1 business day. I still yet see the code at the end of 24-hour period after requesting, which should be one business day. What is the typically waiting time?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
One other thing to note is that you can always try a drop-in (unscheduled), if it's convenient. When I got to my appt, there was a girl there who didn't have an appt, but came with her friend who did. Two CBP officers were free, so they took us both, although I finished first. Could be worth your time. Just because tehy don't have any slots available doesn't mean there is a revolving door of GE interviewees at the CBP office.
Interesting. May give it a shot. Only issue is parking at SFO is pretty pricey for a drop in.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Interesting. May give it a shot. Only issue is parking at SFO is pretty pricey for a drop in.
I was denied twice when "walk-in" at SFO center, even 1 or more officers were free (working on their PCs but no customer in front). Both times I was told strictly "no, we don't accept walk-in". I was finally interviewed on my appointment in mid Nov. Quick process - paid $4 parking at Grage G.

Good luck.

A quick question - I don't need to carry my GE card when returning home through SFO, right? Thanks.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 15, 2012 at 11:27 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
A quick question - I don't need to carry my GE card when returning home through SFO, right? Thanks.
Correct; the card is only needed to use Trusted Traveler lanes at land borders.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Yup-but keep checking the calendar for open dates as you may luck out as I did (and the calendar should default to the first open date once you click to reschedule)
If you think three months at SFO is bad, allow me to introduce you to the four month (!) line at IAD. As of this morning, the next available appointment at Dulles isn't until mid-April. Hopefully cancellations will open up some slots sooner than that.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by benz3000
Quick question about UA sponsoring/reimbusing for Global Entry. I'm already a Global Entry member, and as a UA Platinum, I was hoping to use this voucher that UA gives out for my spouse. Is this possible? Or is the voucher tied to my name? Alternatively, can I take the voucher now, and use it when my Global Entry membership expires (since I will no longer be Plat come Feb '13?
Thanks.
Me too - would prefer not to wait 5 years when I may no longer be 1K.

Can anyone tell us how the link works? Is it a prepopulated form?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Can anyone tell us how the link works? Is it a prepopulated form?
The link is basically a credit card number and a billing address.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by DeErEtYn
The link is basically a credit card number and a billing address.
Which I just got and used and card got denied....
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Denver location?

Can anyone tell me where the interview location is in Denver? The web site just lists the airport's street address.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I am sure this question was answered in here, but how long does the Global Entry meeting take? If I do in Denver I have to wait until Mid-April to get my meeting, but if I schedule in IAD or IAH I can do it in early January.

Also will I have to do a meeting with CPB for Pre-Check as well?

Thank you

Edited for Hans: The CBP office is at DIA is on the North End of the Main Concourse where the International Arrivals come out of. There is a metal door to the right of the exit and a phone there, pick up the phone and they buzz you in.

Last edited by DENflyer3; Dec 18, 2012 at 9:36 am Reason: add info for Hans
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Which I just got and used and card got denied....
Using for yourself or a spouse?

Certainly under the "old" system of sending in a receipt, there was no easy way for United to verify whether the payment was for you or someone else's GE application so long as the payment was made to your credit card.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Using for yourself or a spouse?
For myself, but the credit card stuff isn't tied to an individual. It's just a billing name/address/card#.

Originally Posted by drewguy
Certainly under the "old" system of sending in a receipt, there was no easy way for United to verify whether the payment was for you or someone else's GE application so long as the payment was made to your credit card.
Presumably the bill might show up on UA's credit card with some identifying factor? Dunno. Off to try the code again after 24 hours... nope. Card declined.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I am sure this question was answered in here, but how long does the Global Entry meeting take? If I do in Denver I have to wait until Mid-April to get my meeting, but if I schedule in IAD or IAH I can do it in early January.

Also will I have to do a meeting with CPB for Pre-Check as well?
Meeting itself was under 10 mins. At JFK I wound up waiting about 20 mins before being seen. In any case if you scheduled it for a return flight and got to the airport early you'd be fine.

No extra meeting for Pre although you need to get your number issued, enter it into .bomb and at some random point months in the future you may get the three beeps (still hasn't happened to me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.