Is Global Entry worthwhile?

Old Mar 1, 10, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ktakahashi View Post
Something similar happend to be at YYZ as well. A week or so after my interview, my GOES status still listed me as pending. I called back and kept getting transferred to the US line as it is the US that finishes the process. 3 days straight of a full mailbox. The next time I called, I explained to the Canadian officer who placed me on hold as she was going to investigate herself. 4 minutes later, she came back on and said the US side forgot to approve the final step on their end. An hour later my GOES status was updated. Strange that there is so much manual processes here. For the record, I am an American without a greencard or landed immigrant status.

Mine is on the outside back cover. Mods, curious if we can run a poll here for inside/outside of the back cover.
Same here, my sticker is on the outside back... I wonder if there is any logic to it...
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
Same here, my sticker is on the outside back... I wonder if there is any logic to it...
Inside back cover here. Not that there's any room on the back cover with the dozens of garbage security stickers there.
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds View Post
Inside back cover here. Not that there's any room on the back cover with the dozens of garbage security stickers there.
I am assuming you are talking about the ones issued at CDG, BRU, etc. I always remove those once I arrive.
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds View Post
Mine was placed on the outside cover of my passport, which does not currently have any security stickers on it. I would be curious if CBP all of use that have it on the back cover had "virgin" covers when we went the GE interview.
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:38 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Mine is inside, back cover and the agent's demeanor suggested he does that all the time. LAX office for an existing NEXUS member.
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:40 pm

Just seems odd that you have to open it to the back page in order to show your sticker. I thought the point was to easily identify GE members in the event the kiosks are down.
Old Mar 1, 10, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I wonder if inside cover is for NEXUS upgraders. I UG'd from NEXUS and had no other stickers on my passport.
Old Mar 1, 10, 7:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (Iphone.: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Nope. Mine is on the inside back cover. I am not a nexus upgrader.
Old Mar 1, 10, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Mine is also on the inside back cover and not Nexus upgrader. Better protection for the sticker on the inside cover IMO.
Old Mar 1, 10, 9:33 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svcs, AA ExecPlat, WN RR, AZ Freccia Alata+, Hilton gold, SPG/Marriot Gold, Hertz Prez
Mine is on the outside back cover. I had no other programs (like nexus) before GE. I will say I was one of the first to apply at IAH right after the program was announced, back when it was only the initial 3 airports.

Ciao,
FH
Old Mar 2, 10, 3:50 am

Programs: AA
my application is still pending - sumitted first part of february. i am getting frustrated.
Old Mar 2, 10, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
my application is still pending - sumitted first part of february. i am getting frustrated.
Same here.
Old Mar 2, 10, 8:41 am

As a NEXUS upgrader at JFK with a clean back cover ... mine is on the outside.

I guess this is one of those CBP agent interpretation type things here. Some place on the outside, some on the inside. Also seems to have no rhyme or reason to the location on the cover or the direction.
Old Mar 3, 10, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National Executive, Hertz 5-Star, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
... and as a GE only person at JFK, clean back cover, my is on the inside back cover. It's gotta be an agent-by-agent choice...

Originally Posted by sambb View Post
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
Same here.
Mine took somewhere between two and three weeks from submission to approval - right when I was about to call to find out was going on, it finally went through. Hang in there, it'll come!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 3, 10 at 7:48 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 3, 10, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wayfarer613 View Post
.Mine took somewhere between two and three weeks from submission to approval - right when I was about to call to find out was going on, it finally went through. Hang in there, it'll come!
Okay -- I'm now at the 'scheduling' phase

Search this Thread
Search Engine: