Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Global Entry worthwhile?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I thought the sticker was only for using crew lines when GE was not available. So you might try using the crew line, but I doubt you can just jump to the front of the regular line.
Based on my recollection of my GE interview, the CBP sticker is simply for those times when the GE kiosks are present but not working properly. If there is a problem with the machine, or the machines are turned off, GE members get head of line privileges at GE-enabled CBP facilities, only. The CBP sticker has absolutely no relevance if the airport of entry is not a member of the GE program.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Excellent question. AFAIK, the program is designed for normal tourist passport holders, since official/diplomatic travelers already received expedited processing. However, it's certainly worth asking at your interview.
There was definitely a section for additional passports within the registration/signup data entry screens.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Have you done this and to what reaction of the cbp officer? I thought if you were not in a GE airport, they didn't know what the sticker (or program) was -- there are enough cbp folks in the GE airports still learning about it themselves.
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Based on my recollection of my GE interview, the CBP sticker is simply for those times when the GE kiosks are present but not working properly. If there is a problem with the machine, or the machines are turned off, GE members get head of line privileges at GE-enabled CBP facilities, only. The CBP sticker has absolutely no relevance if the airport of entry is not a member of the GE program.
The CBP officer, a supervisor, who put my sticker in and showed me the machine (I was a NEXUS-GE transition) state unequivocally that GE members get head of the line privileges at any airport FIS, whether a GE facility or not.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by N1120A
The CBP officer, a supervisor, who put my sticker in and showed me the machine (I was a NEXUS-GE transition) state unequivocally that GE members get head of the line privileges at any airport FIS, whether a GE facility or not.
Interesting... now if CO ever starts up international service from CLE again, I might test this out! ^
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
I asked about this and was asked which airport I thought I might fly into that didn't have GE. I couldn't think of one withut it!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:55 pm

That supervisor was incorrect.

FB
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Firebug4
That supervisor was incorrect.

FB
Can you elaborate on why you think that supervisor is incorrect?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Sorry if this scenario has already been covered, but I did not apply online for Global Entry (USA + AMS) until last Saturday so obviously my case is still pending review. Looking at future flights, I will not get to one of the interview locations (April I hit MSP on the way to ICN) until early June when I wanted to quickly get through security at AMS and then DTW.

However, tomorrow I am going to LGA. I was going to return from LGA on Saturday but could try to change to JFL (DL) if I could get an interview. So can I just walk up to their station or call and request a certain time on Saturday?

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 17, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to wait until you receive initial approval before you can schedule your interview.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I asked about this and was asked which airport I thought I might fly into that didn't have GE. I couldn't think of one withut it!
There really aren't too many. Off the top of my head, I can only think of PIT (DL, CDG), PDX (DL, NRT) and BWI (BA, LHR). There are probably others, but not major ports.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:46 pm

There really aren't too many. Off the top of my head, I can only think of PIT (DL, CDG), PDX (DL, NRT) and BWI (BA, LHR). There are probably others, but not major ports.
Plus MSP and DEN.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Mariott Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Maybe if someone can get a picture of the screen at the kiosk and show its different than the form .... lotalota - thanks for pursuing clarification for all of us!
NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED IN THE CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION AREA.

-K
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lotalota
I don't believe that is true that the questions on the touch screen are the same as the form. Is there anyone traveling soon through a kiosk who can verify this?
The food question is definitely different on the kiosk. The form requires a "yes" for any food. The kiosk does not.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Mariott Platinum Premier Elite
RDU.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by canred
DEN.
Wow, thats a shocker. There are plenty of international flights from there, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.