Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Anson.tzy
Does anyone know if you can enroll upon arrival if you submitted your application but have not been conditionally approved? Seems like my CA is taking quite awhile.
You cannot.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Anson.tzy
Does anyone know if you can enroll upon arrival if you submitted your application but have not been conditionally approved? Seems like my CA is taking quite awhile.
From the CBP website which is linked in the wikipost at the top of every page in this thread:

Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) is CBP program that allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The EoA program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Global Entry EoA in Dublin from UK

I'm based in London and have had all my trips to the US cancelled due to Covid and there will probably be no trips for the foreseeable future. I've noted that Dublin is on the list of places where I can do EoA and plan to make a trip over once Covid starts to die down.

Is it possible to do an EoA interview from Dublin flying in from the UK (as a part of the Common Travel area... not sure whether this would be an issue) or will I have to fly in from a third country (e.g. France or Spain)

TIA!
Old May 16, 2020, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sifu
I'm based in London and have had all my trips to the US cancelled due to Covid and there will probably be no trips for the foreseeable future. I've noted that Dublin is on the list of places where I can do EoA and plan to make a trip over once Covid starts to die down.

Is it possible to do an EoA interview from Dublin flying in from the UK (as a part of the Common Travel area... not sure whether this would be an issue) or will I have to fly in from a third country (e.g. France or Spain)

TIA!
Hello Sifu,

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted at the Dublin airport by CBP officers during the US immigration and customs inspections prior to departure to the US. So regardless of whether or not you are coming from the Common Travel Area, you still need to access the US PreClearance facility in DUB. I doubt that it is possible if not traveling to the US.

Do note that EoA at DUB is available only between 9:00am and 1:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

Edited to add:

Here are a couple of older posts on this issue:

Originally Posted by mnbp
In this context, "Arrival" is when you present yourself to US Immigration for admission to the United States. If your flight departs from DUB with a destination in the US, you'd handle US Customs in DUB. That's where EoA is available - when flying to the US.
Originally Posted by madraida
It’s Enrollment on ARRIVAL (to the US). If you’re flying into Dublin and you don’t have a US plane ticket, then you won’t have access to the US Pre-clearance (CBP) facility.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight...a-preclearance
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Marriott Gold
Change of visa on Global Entry

Hi, I enrolled into TTP-Global entry on a B1/B2 but will be changing to a H-1B on my next entry into the U.S, the CBP site says the change has to processed by an officer and cannot be self updated on your account, was wondering if EoA can be used to update my visa type on my GE account as enrollment centers are currently closed.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TipToeCrow
Hi, I enrolled into TTP-Global entry on a B1/B2 but will be changing to a H-1B on my next entry into the U.S, the CBP site says the change has to processed by an officer and cannot be self updated on your account, was wondering if EoA can be used to update my visa type on my GE account as enrollment centers are currently closed.
Yes, the CBP handling GE enrollment on arrival have been able to adjust the visa information on file for continued GE use in such kind of circumstances.

Just make sure that when you are at such a US federal inspection facility doing the EOA process that you get CBP to manually process the visa update before again using the self-service, computerized declaration processes (of GE kiosks, APC kiosks and Mobile Passport Control). I say this because it’s best to mitigate for the the risk of being flagged for trying to use a visa inconsistent with the purpose of your entries to the US.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Interview on arrival in Dublin

My kids' pre-approval is due to expire next month. It came too late for them to do interview on arrival at LAX last Summer and we were going to do it on arrival in Portland last week but of course we can't travel to the US at the moment. Having gone through the two stage process (UK and US side) and waited months for pre-approval I am wondering whether a day trip to Dublin from London might be worthwhile.

Have anyone done interview on arrival in Dublin and, if so, please could you let me know how it worked. Is it available all the time because it would be a shame to have a wasted journey.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:33 pm

Hello Newly Wed,

I merged your question into the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread, where this question has recently been asked and answered.

The bottom line is that a day trip will not do. You need to have a ticket to fly to the United States and present yourself to US CBP inspection for admission to the United States in order to have your Global Entry enrollment interview at the DUB pre-clearance location.

BTW, the deadline to complete the enrollment interview has recently been extended to 545 days (18 months) from the date of receiving the conditional approval.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
A google search of EOA comes up with this page

Though note the limited days and times.

Though I'm not sure that they actually offer EOA because when you arrive in Ireland you arrive in Ireland and not the US so perhaps it's Interview on Departure?

But your problem would be is getting access to the pre clearance part of the terminal

And is it a service they are even offering at the moment? I can see it being dropped to reduce staff interactions
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
A google search of EOA comes up with this page

Though note the limited days and times.

Though I'm not sure that they actually offer EOA because when you arrive in Ireland you arrive in Ireland and not the US so perhaps it's Interview on Departure?

But your problem would be is getting access to the pre clearance part of the terminal

And is it a service they are even offering at the moment? I can see it being dropped to reduce staff interactions
That US Customs and Border Protection webpage is linked in the wikipost of this thread. It does show that both Dublin and Shannon are locations where Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted. As has already been posted in this thread, at pre-clearance facilities, the interviews are done by CBP officers during the US immigration and customs inspections prior to departure to the US. Finally, according to the Trusted Traveler Programs webpage: "Enrollment on Arrival remains operational at participating airports. For locations please visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival" (yes, it's the same page which is linked in the wikipost).

This is an informational forum. Please let's try to keep our messages here factual and refrain from posting conjecture and speculation.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Domestic arrival - GE Interview...

I have a domestic flight and was wondering if it is possible to walk to the international terminal to have my interview?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
I have a domestic flight and was wondering if it is possible to walk to the international terminal to have my interview?
No. GE on Arrival is a specific program as you get to customs and immigration coming off an international flight. You have to be coming from an international flight.

Obviously, with an appointment, you can do your scheduled interview after a domestic flight. But, that is in a different area, outside customs and immigration.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
No.

As Global321 wrote above, enrollment on arrival interviews are conducted by CBP officers during the US immigration and customs admission inspections upon arrival in the US.

Originally Posted by Global321
Obviously, with an appointment, you can do your scheduled interview after a domestic flight. But, that is in a different area, outside customs and immigration.
It should be noted that all the Trusted Travelers Programs Enrollment centers are currently closed and no interviews are being conducted. Please refer to the following thread:

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 20, 2020 at 5:19 pm Reason: Update Enrollment Centers closure dates
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Global321
No. GE on Arrival is a specific program as you get to customs and immigration coming off an international flight. You have to be coming from an international flight.

thank you both
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Data point: Attempted to complete interview on arrival August 9th, 2020 at ORD. Global Entry wasn’t working and CBP officer said no interview on arrival available, “Everyone is too scared and nobody wants to be in a confined (office) space with the public even with masks.” When I pressed him, he then went on to say that there is actually only one officer who can do it and he wasn’t working that day. This was on a Sunday afternoon FWIW. The officer was very nice and forthcoming but it is frustrating to not be able to schedule an interview nor do it on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.