Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:27 pm

Is LAX enrollment on arrival open everyday? Arriving from MX in October on a Sunday.

Regular appointments are already into next year lol.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
I'm a UK citizen with Conditional Approval for Global Entry

I think I know the answer to this, but thought I'd double check.

I have my conditional approval for GE, I noticed on the emails about enrollment on arrival, that YYZ is listed. I will be flying LHR to YYZ in late September, (Sorry if a stupid question), I assume I can't complete enrollment on arrival at YYZ, if arriving from LHR?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:53 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
That's correct. It's really "enrollment on arrival at US CBP", which would be at the US preclearance facility at YYZ before boarding a flight to the US which isn't involved if you're only entering Canada. The same would apply for the other non-US locations such as DUB; you'd need a precleared flight to the US to use EoA there.
GUWonder and AlanA like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Any recent experiences at SFO for Enrollment on Arrival? Have a 2:23 layover coming back from Mexico (arriving at 4:45 PM). Would that be enough time to complete an interview and make our connection?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2021, 3:43 pm

My mom has Indian citizenship and has CONDITIONAL APPROVAL for her GE. If she flied BOM-DIA-LAX, can she completed her 'enrollment on arrival' at Doha pre-clearance?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
My mom has Indian citizenship and has CONDITIONAL APPROVAL for her GE. If she flied BOM-DIA-LAX, can she completed her 'enrollment on arrival' at Doha pre-clearance?
Doha is not listed as an Enrollment on Arrival location. If she is going to be there for longer than just connecting between flights, she may try to schedule an enrollment interview at the Doha, Qatar Enrollment Center.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:25 pm

My spouse (new member) and I (renewal) completed Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival during a layover at IAH this morning before connecting to our final destination. Didn't see many recent experiences from Houston so sharing in case this helps anyone:

Not sure if it was the time of day (7:00am local time), day of the week (Sunday), or pandemic staffing, but the Global Entry Enrollment office next to our arrival gate and all the Global Entry kiosks were unmanned and non-operational when we arrived. I asked the agent assigning us to lanes about Enrollment on Arrival and she told me to bring it up to the officer during inspection.

Inspection was brief - no questions, no declarations, just handed over my passport and scanned my face. After it was finished I asked the officer about GEEOA and he said "Go to Gate 3 or 4 now".

(Important note: the immigration gates are laid out in a way that they all funnel towards the exit to baggage claim, which means it isn't actually possible to go Gate 3/4 after your initial inspection unless you walk the "wrong way" through a gate. Ask a nearby official to help direct you to Gate 3/4 -- don't just walk through on your own, one agent was quite irritated with my spouse for doing that after I motioned her to join me in the line, my mistake!)

The Enrollment processing was straight forward and the agent was friendly -- hand over documents, take photo, fingerprints, and then wait to receive an approval email which should come sometime in the next 48 hours and then the new card a few business days after that.

I would encourage people to leave ample time for the interview process, especially if you have a connection where you need to re-check bags and re-clear security, as the officer occasionally needs to update address information (don't forget proof of address if you need it!) and explain how GE works to new applicants. My wife arrived in the Enrollment line only a few minutes after I did, but there was a family of three between us, and I ended up waiting by the exit to baggage claim for almost 50 minutes for her to get out. If you have a layover less than two hours and get unlucky with the various lines it's entirely possible you'll need to run to make your flight!
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by smxflyer
Any recent experiences at SFO for Enrollment on Arrival? Have a 2:23 layover coming back from Mexico (arriving at 4:45 PM). Would that be enough time to complete an interview and make our connection?

Thanks!
My wife and I completed EoA at Houston yesterday on our arrival from Mexico. Pretty painless to be honest. Saw an immigration officer to enter first then directed to EoA desk. No queue and interview took around 15 minutes in total for both of us. Email arrived within 30 minutes confirming enrolment.
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Went through PHL the other day and thought it would be good to go ahead and get the wifes interview done. The web site says EoA is open at Noon but the agent said it was 2pm and at booth 49. He also said he would process it for her if we wanted to wait for the two incoming flights to be processed but we decided not to hang around.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 1:17 am

Has anyone completed the enrollment on arrival on SAN (San Diego) airport? I don’t quite understand if the booth is before customs or if I should request it with the immigration officer.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:44 am

For Toronto YYZ
EOA says
Terminal 1 - Primary Booths 18 or 20
so do we look for customs booth 18 or 20 , which seems to be
at the right hand end where Nexus users go. So I assume we go directly
there and ask for an interview ?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Im looking to complete my global entry on arrival into BOS in November. Could anyone help with the location, or do i just go to immigration desk as normal and ask?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any recent experiences in MIA for the renewal of GE?

Flying in just before Christmas on a BA flight

I understand that they are open until 10pm - I think we arrive around 7.30pm

Do we go through the regular line, GE line or another line?

We may well have wheelchair assistance with us.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There should be a signed line -- or someone working for the MIA airport -- able to direct you to the line for Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival process.

If using the regular lines, then you'll probably have to ask a CBP employee to direct you to the CBP employee who can complete the renewal enrollment on arrival process for you. [Sometimes they can do it, but sometimes they can't/won't and will direct you elsewhere nearby to where it is being done at that time before you exit the baggage hall.]

Having wheelchair assistance is unlikely to change the process other than perhaps speeding up access to a CBP employee -- assuming that the person can manage to stand up for fingerprinting and photo-taking while doing the "interview" for the renewal.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:43 am

Global entry office Las Vegas

In terminal three right at the southern end on the 1st floor, follow signs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.