Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks for the help re Miami, however I am not sure if I will be able to do it.

According to the US government website the interviews for renewal are done in the North and South terminals.

I am flying in on BA which arrives in the Central terminal.

So I am not sure if I can do it.

Could really do with sorting the renewal on this trip if possible.

Would appreciate any help and guidance. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
I tried to do the renewal on arrival this evening at LAX abd was told it would be an hour wait. I still have six months or so, so I left without doing it. Are wait times of that nature common?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Muckus
I tried to do the renewal on arrival this evening at LAX abd was told it would be an hour wait. I still have six months or so, so I left without doing it. Are wait times of that nature common?
Is the line for approval on arrival different from renewal line at LAX?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: US Gold
GE interviews at PHL

Has anyone - especially recently - done a GE interview at PHL on international arrival? I'd like to have a sense of how much time I might need to allow, and any tips about where to go or what signs to follow. Anything you can tell me basically would be helpful.

Thanks.

wg
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Seattle - no EOA

Arrived from LHR today with friends who have been trying to schedule their interview for 18 months. They were second in line, but the single agent was processing crew first at about 8 minutes per crew member (20+ from two international flights ) and told them it was going to be longer than 90 minute wait. They waited an hour then gave up when a third crew arrived.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:09 pm

MIA

Anyone know how the Enrolment on Arrival process works at MIA

Arriving from LHR on Virgin. Are things sign posted or do I need to ask?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyer500X
Anyone know how the Enrolment on Arrival process works at MIA

Arriving from LHR on Virgin. Are things sign posted or do I need to ask?
This lists the locations.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
Old Nov 7, 2021, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
I know you can do it at Miami. I was asking if anyone has any experiences…

is it a separate line, the same line. Is it sign posted.. do I need to ask staff.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC

is it a separate line, the same line. Is it sign posted.. do I need to ask staff.
When I did it 2 years ago I was all ready to head down the GE lane but thought sensible to ask the CBP officer that was directing traffic. She sent me to the regular desks, even after I repeated that I wanted to do EoA. Slightly concerned I followed instructions anyway. Got to desk, said I wanted EoA, he stuck a postit or something like on my passport and called over a colleague who I was handed off to. We tgen went past the desks into a CBP office. I was instructed to sit and wait, my passport was taken to the back office. After a 20-30 minute wait got called and was a straightforward interview process, approved there and then.

i get the feeling though from reading reports of EoA that the process can vary day to day. I would ask at the first opportunity you get, just to be sure.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

Keep checking online for an appointment - zoom ones are released each night.

I was able to book an interview for my trip in December easily at MIA in case I did not do it on arrival.

I think that if you are renewing then all your benefits remain, so you can use the GE machines and then go for an interview that way if required.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAGold, Star Alliance Gold
Can I do a walk-in or can i book a slot in another city?

Good morning, I wonder if the experts could advise? I was provisionally accepted for the TTP on 26 October 2020. Since then haven’t of course been able to get in to the United States. Now have a trip planned for New Year with an overnight stop at JFK, a connection in LAX and final arrival in Tucson, Arizona. Checking every day each of those three places for appointments without success (earliest is Feb.2022 and i will be back home in Europe by then). My questions are 1. Can i take an appointment somewhere near Tucson during my holiday (i.e. doesn’t have to be immediately upon landing in the US? 2. How much longer do i have before the provisional acceptance expires 3. What about just doing a walk’in ?
THANK YOU
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Winnie1
My questions are 1. Can i take an appointment somewhere near Tucson during my holiday (i.e. doesn’t have to be immediately upon landing in the US? 2. How much longer do i have before the provisional acceptance expires 3. What about just doing a walk’in ?
THANK YOU
This is the Enrollment on Arrival thread.

Enrollment on Arrival allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews at passport control upon arrival in the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process. When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).

Nothing prevents you from scheduling an enrollment interview appointment in another city. If you complete your interview upon arrival at JFK, the scheduled appointment will then be cancelled.

Walk-in interviews are different from Enrollment on Arrival. Those are when conditionally approved applicants show up at an enrollment center without appointments; that's different than being interviewed at passport control upon arrival in the United States (or at a pre-clearance facility). Please refer to the following thread:
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:17 pm

Anyone got any recent experience of interview on arrival in TBIT at LAX?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:52 am

Enrollment on Arrival at Dublin

We have been trying for the past year to get an interview scheduled for my son's GE provisional approval. We are visiting Dublin later this year and have an opportunity to get it done there. Has anyone done that? When did you do it? When you land in DUB or on your way back? From my past visits, CBP is involved only when we exit Ireland, not when we enter....what has the experience been?

Thanks
Vanrags11
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by vanrags11
We have been trying for the past year to get an interview scheduled for my son's GE provisional approval. We are visiting Dublin later this year and have an opportunity to get it done there. Has anyone done that? When did you do it? When you land in DUB or on your way back? From my past visits, CBP is involved only when we exit Ireland, not when we enter....what has the experience been?

Thanks
Vanrags11
Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted at the Dublin airport US CBP preclearance facility when departing for the US.
vanrags11 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.