Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Has anyone done EoA recently in Bermuda (BDA)? This is my second renewal but I haven't done EoA before.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:08 pm

Me, my wife and son have all now received Conditional approval.
however, my wife and sons passports need renewing next year.
at EOA is there an issue that their passports will be a different number? In the U.K., yiu get a new passport number every renewal

thanks
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by AlanA
Me, my wife and son have all now received Conditional approval.
however, my wife and sons passports need renewing next year.
at EOA is there an issue that their passports will be a different number? In the U.K., yiu get a new passport number every renewal

thanks
No issue. US passports work the same - new number at renewal.
AlanA likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: Global Entry
Is EoA available at all times of day?

I'm landing from an international flight at JFK terminal 4 at around 5am. Will it be possible to do enrollment on arrival then or is it just during normal business hours?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I have not done EoA at IAD but I did just arrive through the airport last week and saw the process. You do just go through immigration and grab your bags like you normally do. As you are exiting the arrivals hall there will be a window situation on the left wall that says specifically EoA and there will be a line that you queue up in. There was one person in it as we walked by the exit. Pretty easy compared to some of the confusing details I have read about how it is at other airports.
Damn.. So it seems that I need to go through the painful immigration line after all. Was hoping there was a separate line at IAD for EoA that does EoA + immigration together
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Anna Hardcastle
I'm landing from an international flight at JFK terminal 4 at around 5am. Will it be possible to do enrollment on arrival then or is it just during normal business hours?
EoA locations and hours of operation are linked in the wikipost.

For JFK T4, the information is as follows:
Terminal Four West Wing, Area A
Terminal Four East Wing, Area G

24 Hour Operation
I have no idea if the hours have been changed due to Covid-19.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Panos17
Damn.. So it seems that I need to go through the painful immigration line after all. Was hoping there was a separate line at IAD for EoA that does EoA + immigration together
You can use mobile passport, https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control then Enrollment on Arrival
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:57 am

Global Entry Interview Enrollment on Arrival

Hello,
I applied for global entry(conditionally approved) and am headed overseas in a few weeks and was sent a note from cbp.gov about Enrollment on Arrival and this could satisfy my pending application and the required interview.

I am wondering who has done this and what you had to bring to the interview doing it on arrival? Where does one go when they arrive in MSP to do this? This would be very convenient for me as I am flying through MSP over to Europe and on my way back could look into doing this saving me a long trip to the boarder (nearest one to me) to do the interview piece.

Hoping for some insight from others who have done this.
Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello bline22,

I merged your question into the relevant thrread.

From the CBP Enrollment on Arrival webpage which is linked in the wikipost:
To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use multiple passports at the Global Entry kiosk.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).
According to the same webpage, at MSP EoA interviews are conducted on the Baggage Claim Level in Terminal 1 by Carousel 11.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:24 pm

Thanks and I didn't realize this thread was here. Thanks for doing that and for the comment.

It has now been nearly two years since having done this so I am trying to recall. When we depart the international flight in MSP, I believe we go through customs and then pickup luggage and check it back through if we have a connecting flight(which we will). Is it at this point where we are picking the luggage up that I would do this interview? Also, my wife would be with me and does that matter at all?

Last, sounds like if i bring my passport(that I will have) and a utility bill and my drivers license that should satisfy what i need to get this done?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by bline22
When we depart the international flight in MSP, I believe we go through customs and then pickup luggage and check it back through if we have a connecting flight(which we will). Is it at this point where we are picking the luggage up that I would do this interview?
I have no personal experience at MSP, however, searching the thread for "MSP," I found these two posts:
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Used "interview upon arrival" last week in MSP...took 5 minutes (didn't really take any extra time, because interview happened while waiting for luggage to start coming out).
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
In MSP, ...followed sign to the "enrollment on arrival" cubicle. It was just one of the normal podiums they have to stamp passports...just before the baggage claim area.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bline22
Thanks and I didn't realize this thread was here. Thanks for doing that and for the comment.

It has now been nearly two years since having done this so I am trying to recall. When we depart the international flight in MSP, I believe we go through customs and then pickup luggage and check it back through if we have a connecting flight(which we will). Is it at this point where we are picking the luggage up that I would do this interview? Also, my wife would be with me and does that matter at all?

Last, sounds like if i bring my passport(that I will have) and a utility bill and my drivers license that should satisfy what i need to get this done?

Before seeing an immigration agent look for a sign or line that says EOA. This is the lane you need to go through. If there's no designated lane, simply tell the officer before handing over passport that you need to do GE EOA. He'll tell you if there's a certain lane that's processing EOA or point where to go after he let's you in.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Specific to GE renewals I received a conditional approval for renewal several weeks ago stating I could complete the process at an approved entry location. BOS was one of them.
When I arrived there was nobody... I mean nobody... in line. Yet the agent said they didn't have time to process the request. (???)
They initially suggested I go to the office outside security (it was 3pm)... then retracted saying that they had likely gone home for the day.
As someone who lives abroad I have few opportunities here... any suggestions to overcome this kind of situation?
Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:54 pm

bostontraveler,

Take a look at the following threads:
Good luck,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by TWA884
bostontraveler,

Take a look at the following threads:
Good luck,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Except neither of stated options were available- that’s my point.
it will have to wait until my next visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.