Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:17 am

Just applied a week ago for my toddler daughter and she was shockingly conditionally approved within a week. Unfortunately the next appointment at any airport within 2 hours driving is a few days after we're scheduled to land at IAD from the Caribbean near New Year.

1) Does Enrollment on Arrival save time vs waiting in regular customs line? She'll be the only one of traveling party without GE. From my understanding we just go to a separate line for admission by CBP agent and they will handle the enrollment as well.

2) I have made a tentative appointment a few days after our return, is it worth checking daily to see if anything opens up sooner? Or is that unlikely?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by terpfan101
2) I have made a tentative appointment a few days after our return, is it worth checking daily to see if anything opens up sooner? Or is that unlikely?
Yes, especially when that enrollment center is open. Check daily and frequently. You are very likely to find something suitable in 72 hours or sooner.

Good luck.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
1) Does Enrollment on Arrival save time vs waiting in regular customs line? She'll be the only one of traveling party without GE. From my understanding we just go to a separate line for admission by CBP agent and they will handle the enrollment as well.
It depends on the airport and setup. I reported on a recent data point from a friend who waited an hour for EoA a week ago for instance.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Appointments open up "all the time". The more often you check, the more likely YOU will find the open timeslot that has just become available.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I went through the EoA process earlier this week at JFK as part of my GE renewal. Should I be seeing something different on the CPB website when I log in? It still says I'm at the 'Conditionally Approved' stage. Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by golfmad
I went through the EoA process earlier this week at JFK as part of my GE renewal. Should I be seeing something different on the CPB website when I log in? It still says I'm at the 'Conditionally Approved' stage. Thanks
If you do not see approved one week from Enrollment on Arrival date, call JFK enrollment center. Most likely someone forgot to click approved button/key.
golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If you do not see approved one week from Enrollment on Arrival date, call JFK enrollment center. Most likely someone forgot to click approved button/key.
Thanks for the advice. Will do.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Please take a look at this thread:
golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
That's very useful, thank you.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: KF, AM
Searched the thread to find not so good experiences at EWR EoA.

Anyone done it recently (in the last months?) at Terminal B for a 6 am arrival? Will be landing from the world's longest flight and I pretty much don't have a chance to delay my application anymore...
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
How was it at JFK? Did it take a long time?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
How was it at JFK? Did it take a long time?
It was very straightforward. I was one of the first off the aircraft and the agent I spoke to asked if I would wait about 15 minutes. He processed my entry and I waited for him to process a few others in the line behind me. He then walked me to the far end where there was a GE booth and did the EoA which took another 5-10 minutes. That was it. Quite painless.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
It was very straightforward. I was one of the first off the aircraft and the agent I spoke to asked if I would wait about 15 minutes. He processed my entry and I waited for him to process a few others in the line behind me. He then walked me to the far end where there was a GE booth and did the EoA which took another 5-10 minutes. That was it. Quite painless.
Did you have to wait in line or did you maintain front of line privileges?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Did you have to wait in line or did you maintain front of line privileges?
There was no line.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:41 pm

For anyone who has interviewed once they landed at airport...

Did the interview process take very long or was there a long line?
I am still waiting to be conditionally approved but based on the banner on top of the ttp site when checking my status, I see that they are trying to get applicants who have been conditionally approved to wait be interviewed at the airport upon returning from a trip. I wondered if it's even worth it or if waiting in the regular customs line would take around the same time.

I applied early June 2019... and still nothing. My husband applied later the same evening and was approved a couple of days later. Then had a scheduled appointment at the airport about a month later and received his card in the mail about a week following.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.