Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:10 am

Is anybody able to tell me the process for completing Enrollment on Arrival at Atlanta Airport please? We will be arriving off an international flight. Do you have to go through the normal immigration line first or is there a separate line where you complete the interview and immigration formalities in one?
Old May 29, 2019, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Is anybody able to tell me the process for completing Enrollment on Arrival at Atlanta Airport please? We will be arriving off an international flight. Do you have to go through the normal immigration line first or is there a separate line where you complete the interview and immigration formalities in one?
In MSP, I did the GE kiosk, took my receipt and then followed sign to the "enrollment on arrival" cubicle. It was just one of the normal podiums they have to stamp passports...just before the baggage claim area.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Live4Miles
In MSP, I did the GE kiosk, took my receipt and then followed sign to the "enrollment on arrival" cubicle. It was just one of the normal podiums they have to stamp passports...just before the baggage claim area.
So you can use the GE kiosk before you've had your enrollment interview?
Old May 29, 2019, 6:26 am

In my case it was a "renewal" interview.
(wife didn't need interview...I did...only difference was I had new passport last year and hers was same as when we originally applied...don't know if that is why I had to do it or not? only took 5 minutes)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:01 am

Just a word of warning...when you complete this process, they take your picture! If I remember correctly the first time we applied and had our in person interview we were able to see picture before it was final...This time first time I saw it was yesterday when I received my new GE card in the mail...after 12 hours of traveling (with stocking cap on and then removed to take picture), my hair looks just like a disaster area!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Just a word of warning...when you complete this process, they take your picture! If I remember correctly the first time we applied and had our in person interview we were able to see picture before it was final...This time first time I saw it was yesterday when I received my new GE card in the mail...after 12 hours of traveling (with stocking cap on and then removed to take picture), my hair looks just like a disaster area!
This might be a more accurate photo for most travelers though!
MorganB likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Renewal GE membership applicants whose GE membership hasn’t been expired for more than 6 months can use the GE kiosks before doing the renewal membership enrollment interview; most others, however, can’t use the GE kiosks before the GE membership enrollment interview.
jp-mco likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Renewal GE membership applicants whose GE membership hasn’t been expired for more than 6 months can use the GE kiosks before doing the renewal membership enrollment interview; most others, however, can’t use the GE kiosks before the GE membership enrollment interview.
Thank you - I thought that was the case. This is our first time interview. What I was trying to ascertain through my question was whether at Atlanta we will be directed to a special line for GE Enrollment on Arrival or have to clear normal immigration first? I'm asking because our flight doesn't arrive until 8:05PM and I know GE Enrollment on Arrival closes at ATL at 9PM. If we have to clear immigration first it likely won't happen - if we don't then there might be a chance!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Thank you - I thought that was the case. This is our first time interview. What I was trying to ascertain through my question was whether at Atlanta we will be directed to a special line for GE Enrollment on Arrival or have to clear normal immigration first? I'm asking because our flight doesn't arrive until 8:05PM and I know GE Enrollment on Arrival closes at ATL at 9PM. If we have to clear immigration first it likely won't happen - if we don't then there might be a chance!
Enrollment on Arrival means enrolling during your chat with the arrival immigration officer. You do EOA during your arrival, so look for signs or ask before you reach the immigration officer.
GUWonder, TWA884 and jp-mco like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Enrollment on Arrival means enrolling during your chat with the arrival immigration officer. You do EOA during your arrival, so look for signs or ask before you reach the immigration officer.
Thank you. So do you have to go in the normal immigration line with everyone else who is not enrolling in GE or is there a separate line?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I made a point of wearing a flattering (such that can be for an old goat) blue shirt, not realizing the pics would be monochrome.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald

Thank you. So do you have to go in the normal immigration line with everyone else who is not enrolling in GE or is there a separate line?
The are dedicated booths where EOA interviews are conducted; as @mnbp wrote above, look for and follow the EOA signs or ask the line minders.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
The are dedicated booths where EOA interviews are conducted; as @mnbp wrote above, look for and follow the EOA signs or ask the line minders.
Thanks - will do. I assume that's the same at all airports?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks - will do. I assume that's the same at all airports?
It’s a bit different from airport to airport but CBP has a web page that gives the airport-level details about the hours and position of where to try to do it at each relevant airport. The CBP site is not comprehensive in this regard as at some airports where they do this, they may offer it in ways or at times that go beyond that listed on the website. For example, last quarter, CBP doing MPC at some airports were also willing to do enrollment on arrival or help with getting it done even when the CBP website provided a sort of indication that it wouldn’t do so, at least not at the all the times when CBP had employees doing EOA on the side.
jp-mco likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Global Entry
Interview on Arrival delayed results

I did an interview on arrival at LAX on June 2. One week later there is still no update on my Trusted Traveler dashboard. It still says conditional approval.
The agent doing the interview said "If I don't do my job right you won't receive an email" Its like he did it on purpose. What do I do to get this finished?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.