Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:04 am

ATL "process"

Hopefully this helps someone here avoid the mess we just had at ATL.

Arrived ATL from CUN around 5:30 p.m. Our flight didn't *board* until 8:30 p.m. so 3 hours.
There was *no* signage for Global Entry on arrival, Mobile Passport, etc. There was ONE sign for Global Entry Kiosk.
The *first* agent we saw, we told we have Global Entry Upon Arrival and need our interview. She tells us to go through the "middle" line (there's only one line, BTW).
2nd agent (before we've even gotten more than a few hundred feet), we say the same thing (because now there's a sign to a CLOSED lane that says: Global Entry). He says continue on the single and only lane/line.
The Third agent (maybe 50 feet) is at the Kiosk area we explain the SAME thing. She says we'll use the Kiosk here, and then get our bags and go to Terminal F for the interview.
We get our Kiosk stuff, go to the line and a FOURTH agent is there, wanting to look at our receipts, we explain *again*, we have been conditionally approved for Global Entry upon Arrival and need our interview. She says stay in this line, she can't pull us out, because we don't have Mobile Passport. OK, line isn't long.
A few minutes later, we get a 5th CBP agent, get there, and explain AGAIN.

This time, he's like "what are you doing here? come with me" and walks us over like 50 feet to the Global Entry line and talks to Agent in Booth #4 , who apparently is the interview person. Oh, but she's "just going on break", can we wait 30 minutes? Yes, we have 3 hours.
Well then she gabs with the other agents for another 15 minutes,then goes on the break. Then she comes back and spends another 15 minutes doing something (she took our passports before she left for break). I assumed she was looking up the info in the system. We were never once asked for the letter, PASSID, or driver's license's.
Interview for 2 took about 30 minutes. Mainly because she kept getting interrupted by other passengers (really?) and other CBP agents.

We finally got out of there at 7:30, and then got the mess of the TSA Pre-check, but whatever.

So I'd say had we known we could've just gone up to the Global Entry line, we probably could've gotten in just before she took her break (took about 15-20 minutes to get through everything until we got to her).

Thank god we asked multiple agents, else we would've ended up in Terminal F trying to get an interview and probably wouldn't have gotten one.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:04 am

Thank you for posting this - we will be doing our EOA interview when we arrive in ATL next month. So is there no signposted Global Entry line? All the documentation suggests that there will be signs everywhere and people who know where to direct you.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Thank you for posting this - we will be doing our EOA interview when we arrive in ATL next month. So is there no signposted Global Entry line? All the documentation suggests that there will be signs everywhere and people who know where to direct you.
LOL, I wish. the only signage Before the "line" was one that said Global Entry Kiosk. They had an agent at the start of those seatbelt cordoned area who was directing traffic.
Once we made it to agent #2 , behind him was a sign that said Global Entry, but the section was cordoned off. What I should've done is said I have Global Entry and they probably would've opened the line at that point.

Or, like we went through last time (no mention of Mobile Passport, etc.) we just ducked under the lines and found the "lane" for Mobile Passport.

It's not like DFW where there are clearly marked lanes as to what is for what. They have these agent that are yelling at everyone basically saying "connecting flights, this line, everyone else, that line). And there were only two lines/entry points.

Now, once you made it past the Kiosks, THEN an agent was taking people over to Mobile Passport, etc.

Perhaps it was because it was a Tuesday? and not very busy?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:30 pm

Although the CBP website clearly states for Global entry on arrival all you need is your passport this was in fact untrue on arriva at ORD. My mum was asked for a proof of address which could be a driver license or utility bill. As she doesn’t drive and we didn’t carry a utility bill she did not get approvedZ the CBP agent did however say she can email it to him within 30days and she will be approved. If she doesn’t she will need to reapply again. So be warned guys bring a proof address just in case.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: CBP
That CBPO was wrong.

Passport is all that's needed for EoA per latest SOP
TWA884, Brainless69 and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by maninblack
That CBPO was wrong.

Although in fairness, the letter I got for conditional approval did state to bring a secondary form of ID showing address such as Driver's License, utility bill, etc. in addition to Passport(s) and the letter itself.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:16 pm

That CBPO was wrong.

if I was there I would’ve argued but we went separate entrances as I was already global entry...
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:59 pm

How long should it take for my application to show as approved on the GE website after my Interview on Arrival? I did mine last Monday at JFK T1 and the website still shows that it's waiting for me to make an interview appointment. Interesting experience there, I went to the CBP office where the folks who are denied entry are apparently sent. Saw a pair of handcuffs attached to one of the benches (the other end was not attached to a person). I asked to use the bathroom and was asked if I had any drugs on me before being taken to a room with a glass door and a half height divided to hide the toilet. After 10 minutes or so I finally got called in for my interview. The officer had to take my picture and fingerprints twice because something wasn't working right, but in the end she gave me a sheet of paper with my GE number on it and said that I would get the card in a couple of weeks.

I hope never to have to see that office again! Only good news was that my wife was still waiting for our luggage to come out when I was finished (so much for priority handling from Alitalia for flying PE), so at least there was no wasted time.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: CBP
Can be as quick as a few minutes, or a few days. I tell people to wait 1 week if they don't see an email by the end of the day.

If you're fingerprint results come back right away, then we can click approve.

If they don't (and that happens frequently, it's not personal, just the system itself), we usually go back to the application the next day whenever we have free time. With multiple days off and a list of others we have to go back and approve, it might take a few days until we get around to it.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:16 pm

Can be as quick as a few minutes, or a few days. I tell people to wait 1 week if they don't see an email by the end of the day.

If you're fingerprint results come back right away, then we can click approve.

If they don't (and that happens frequently, it's not personal, just the system itself), we usually go back to the application the next day whenever we have free time. With multiple days off and a list of others we have to go back and approve, it might take a few days until we get around to it.
Thanks. Given that I already had my fingerprints checked for TSA Pre-check (which I got a couple of years ago), I don't even understand why they needed to do it again.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot
Have anyone successfully completed EOA at YYZ T1?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'll be flying out of T1 YYZ in a few weeks. I'll get into the airport on a Wednesday morning and I should have a few hours. So I just get into the normal immigration line, go to booth 18 or 20, tell them I want EoA, and hope for the best?

This is such a pain. I could enroll at DEN (80 min trip for me) but they're scheduling out to October already. Due to my business requirements it's nearly impossible for me to commit to a random date in October. Plus my TSA Precheck expires in September so I'd like to get this taken care of sooner.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Thanks. Given that I already had my fingerprints checked for TSA Pre-check (which I got a couple of years ago), I don't even understand why they needed to do it again.
P2 is going on 2 weeks post "upon arrival". Still nothing on the website.
Called last week (last Wednesday) and the lady said that the app would be approved in 24-48 hours. 6 days ago.
Probably going to have to call in again.
ATL in case anyone wonders. Not sure what the issues are. We both had pre-check, I can't imagine it's an issue with the fingerprints, but mine got approved after speaking to the officer (about 3 hours). NEVER got the email, BTW. Card showed up in the mail yesterday.
P2 is still stuck (LOL).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Given that I already had my fingerprints checked for TSA Pre-check (which I got a couple of years ago), I don't even understand why they needed to do it again.
We recently flew CDG-SFO. My wife went into the GE line for the first time since getting approved and was surprised having to be fingerprinted and photographed apart from the expected passport scan. But at least she didn’t have wait in a second line to speak with a staff person.

She seems to remember a sign for enrollment on arrival, but it wasn’t at all obvious. At the time, I was still in the pending review limbo, and I’m now glad I didn’t get a chance to be objected to the apparently dreadful procedure. It looks like quite the mess for some of you.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
finger prints and photo are still part of the GE entry procedure. Not sure why your wife was surprised by that.
OSSYULYYZ likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
P2 is going on 2 weeks post "upon arrival". Still nothing on the website.
Called last week (last Wednesday) and the lady said that the app would be approved in 24-48 hours. 6 days ago.
Probably going to have to call in again.
ATL in case anyone wonders. Not sure what the issues are. We both had pre-check, I can't imagine it's an issue with the fingerprints, but mine got approved after speaking to the officer (about 3 hours). NEVER got the email, BTW. Card showed up in the mail yesterday.
P2 is still stuck (LOL).
That's disappointing. I don't have any flights coming up until net year so timing isn't an issue but given that the officer had trouble with my fingerprints and photo (had to do each twice) I don't want to find out that they need me to come back for another set. I was planning on getting GE for my wife when I apply for another credit card in a month or two, but I figure I can drive around the airport when she goes in for her appointment rather than pay to park at JFK or EWR. If I also have to go in (and thus pay for parking), I won't be happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.