Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask some of these questions, but I might as well stick to one post:

1) Can anyone confirm that I would be eligible for Enrollment on Arrival as a UK citizen? [Website makes no mention either way, so I assume it's fine]
2) Won't be arriving to enroll until the end of September - is 365 days from application correct as the deadline for getting the interview? [There is something about scheduling in 60 days, but then rescheduling...]
3) My partner and I will be relocating to Amsterdam in a month [from the UK] - will applying before we move cause any issues?

Many thanks for the help!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by etiene
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask some of these questions, but I might as well stick to one post:

1) Can anyone confirm that I would be eligible for Enrollment on Arrival as a UK citizen? [Website makes no mention either way, so I assume it's fine]
2) Won't be arriving to enroll until the end of September - is 365 days from application correct as the deadline for getting the interview? [There is something about scheduling in 60 days, but then rescheduling...]
3) My partner and I will be relocating to Amsterdam in a month [from the UK] - will applying before we move cause any issues?

Many thanks for the help!
Enrollment on Arrival is available to everyone who received conditional approval.

The enrollment interview must take place within 365 days of receiving the conditional approval; there is no need to schedule one if you intend to do EOA, but it is not a bad idea to schedule an interview as a back up plan.

As long as you update your address during the interview, I don't foresee a problem; I assume that a UK citizen qualifies for GE regardless of their country of residence. Please refer to the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens" and "Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?" threads for additional information on these points.
etiene likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is available to everyone who received conditional approval.

The enrollment interview must take place within 365 days of receiving the conditional approval; there is no need to schedule one if you intend to do EOA, but it is not a bad idea to schedule an interview as a back up plan.

As long as you update your address during the interview, I don't foresee a problem; I assume that a UK citizen qualifies for GE regardless of their country of residence. Please refer to the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens" and "Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?" threads for additional information on these points.
Good to hear, thanks for the help!
ContinentalFan and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 am

Approval Upon Entry

Family of 4 waiting on CA (based on current wait times we should be approve by mid-June), are we able to do approval upon entry if flying into LaGuardia from Toronto?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez
Family of 4 waiting on CA (based on current wait times we should be approve by mid-June), are we able to do approval upon entry if flying into LaGuardia from Toronto?
According to https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...cations/canada yes there is EoA available at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) airport. Details on the web page.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
According to https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...cations/canada yes there is EoA available at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) airport. Details on the web page.
I guess I’m a little confused, would we do the interview at Pearson before we fly out to LaGuardia or would be do the interview in LaGuardia once we land after flying in from Pearson?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

I guess I’m a little confused, would we do the interview at Pearson before we fly out to LaGuardia or would be do the interview in LaGuardia once we land after flying in from Pearson?
No customs at LGA. Would be at YYZ, terminal 1. (Where UA/AC fly out of)
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No customs at LGA. Would be at YYZ, terminal 1. (Where UA/AC fly out of)
So when we get to Pearson we go to customs and do the interview there before we board our flight to New York?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

So when we get to Pearson we go to customs and do the interview there before we board our flight to New York?
Dont enter security. The office is landslide at T1.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM

Yes, it is called "preclearance". Here's more details about preclearance:
https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/...s/preclearancepreclearance

Preclearance applies to everyone traveling on your flight. All passengers on your flight will "enter" the US and pass through US Customs at Toronto airport.

Enrollment on Arrival applies to conditionally approved applicants for Global Entry. While passing through US Customs just like everyone else (at YYZ), you will also have the opportunity to conduct your interview for Global Entry by following the instructions for Enrollment on Arrival given previously.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dont enter security. The office is landslide at T1.
That is bad advice!

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted during the US entry passport and immigration inspections.

At Toronto, a US pre-clearance location, the EoA locations are booths 18 and 20 in Terminal 1 and booths 1 and 2 in Terminal 3.
GUWonder and chrisny2 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:12 pm

That is bad advice!

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted during the US entry passport and immigration inspections.

At Toronto, a US pre-clearance location, the EoA locations are booths 18 and 20 in Terminal 1 and booths 1 and 2 in Terminal 3.
Thank you!!
Old May 1, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

That is bad advice!

Edit - I was thinking of walkin interview location, not EOA. Didn't realize EoA and walkin was different. When I did my original interview they called it EoA, but it really was just a walkin interview.

Last edited by flyerCO; May 1, 2019 at 7:53 am
Old May 1, 2019, 8:11 am

Edit - I was thinking of walkin interview location, not EOA. Didn't realize EoA and walkin was different. When I did my original interview they called it EoA, but it really was just a walkin interview.
I just finished composing a long reply to your original message.

I will just let stand the CBP description of Enrollment on Arrival:
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
YYZ is an Enrollment on Arrival location.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Annie33
Thank you! Somehow I missed that page. Since days are not listed, I hope that means it is available everyday including the weekends.
Did you end up doing the EOA at IAH? We might try there a couple of months from now and wanted to see how it worked out for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.