Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old May 21, 19, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wonít need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 25, 19, 11:04 am

Hi all, just looking for some advice, I'm due to fly into SFO in June and need to complete my Global Entry interview. I plan on trying to do this on arrival. However, should I book a back-up appointment also? Either for after I land, or for before a flight out of SFO in late June, just in case? Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Apr 25, 19, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by draketm View Post
Hi all, just looking for some advice, I'm due to fly into SFO in June and need to complete my Global Entry interview. I plan on trying to do this on arrival. However, should I book a back-up appointment also? Either for after I land, or for before a flight out of SFO in late June, just in case? Any advice would be appreciated!
There is no downside to holding an interview slot "just in case" as you describe.
Old Apr 26, 19, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Jeremiah King View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with EOA at Washington DC Dulles (IAD)? Checked site and says during international arrivals. Coming in late from Asia and want to be sure I don't miss signs as I have never seen them in my multiple entries. Also doing APEC, not sure if both can be processed at the same time?

Thanks
So I will answer my own question. I came into Terminal C and no one knew what I was talking about at IAD. The Customs Agent told me I head to go thru customs in Terminal C then go over to main Terminal to do EOA. I was skeptical and asked 3 more times, are you sure I cannot go back and go to main Terminal directly and go thru customs there and do EOA. Each time, with more frustration, he told me to complete customs entry and then go over after.

Fast forward 1 hour, I should have followed my gut. When arriving in Terminal C, as you are walking to Customs there is a decision point. If you have transfers (purple sign) or no transfer (yellow signs). Even if you have a transfer, take the NO TRANSFER YELLOW SIGN WAY! This will put you on a shuttle to the main terminal and you can complete your EOA there as you in-process the country.

<redacted by moderator>. Sadly, I shall wait until my appointment in 1.5 months and enjoy a 5 hour drive since my city does not have a local GE office. <redacted by moderator>.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 26, 19 at 9:02 am Reason: Political commentary
Old Apr 29, 19, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask some of these questions, but I might as well stick to one post:

1) Can anyone confirm that I would be eligible for Enrollment on Arrival as a UK citizen? [Website makes no mention either way, so I assume it's fine]
2) Won't be arriving to enroll until the end of September - is 365 days from application correct as the deadline for getting the interview? [There is something about scheduling in 60 days, but then rescheduling...]
3) My partner and I will be relocating to Amsterdam in a month [from the UK] - will applying before we move cause any issues?

Many thanks for the help!
Old Apr 29, 19, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask some of these questions, but I might as well stick to one post:

1) Can anyone confirm that I would be eligible for Enrollment on Arrival as a UK citizen? [Website makes no mention either way, so I assume it's fine]
2) Won't be arriving to enroll until the end of September - is 365 days from application correct as the deadline for getting the interview? [There is something about scheduling in 60 days, but then rescheduling...]
3) My partner and I will be relocating to Amsterdam in a month [from the UK] - will applying before we move cause any issues?

Many thanks for the help!
Enrollment on Arrival is available to everyone who received conditional approval.

The enrollment interview must take place within 365 days of receiving the conditional approval; there is no need to schedule one if you intend to do EOA, but it is not a bad idea to schedule an interview as a back up plan.

As long as you update your address during the interview, I don't foresee a problem; I assume that a UK citizen qualifies for GE regardless of their country of residence. Please refer to the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens" and "Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?" threads for additional information on these points.
etiene likes this.
Old Apr 29, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Enrollment on Arrival is available to everyone who received conditional approval.

The enrollment interview must take place within 365 days of receiving the conditional approval; there is no need to schedule one if you intend to do EOA, but it is not a bad idea to schedule an interview as a back up plan.

As long as you update your address during the interview, I don't foresee a problem; I assume that a UK citizen qualifies for GE regardless of their country of residence. Please refer to the "Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens" and "Global Entry application - how do I change/update information?" threads for additional information on these points.
Good to hear, thanks for the help!
ContinentalFan and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:17 am

Approval Upon Entry

Family of 4 waiting on CA (based on current wait times we should be approve by mid-June), are we able to do approval upon entry if flying into LaGuardia from Toronto?
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez View Post
Family of 4 waiting on CA (based on current wait times we should be approve by mid-June), are we able to do approval upon entry if flying into LaGuardia from Toronto?
According to https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...cations/canada yes there is EoA available at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) airport. Details on the web page.
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
According to https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...cations/canada yes there is EoA available at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) airport. Details on the web page.
I guess Iím a little confused, would we do the interview at Pearson before we fly out to LaGuardia or would be do the interview in LaGuardia once we land after flying in from Pearson?
Old Apr 30, 19, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

I guess Iím a little confused, would we do the interview at Pearson before we fly out to LaGuardia or would be do the interview in LaGuardia once we land after flying in from Pearson?
No customs at LGA. Would be at YYZ, terminal 1. (Where UA/AC fly out of)
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
No customs at LGA. Would be at YYZ, terminal 1. (Where UA/AC fly out of)
So when we get to Pearson we go to customs and do the interview there before we board our flight to New York?
Old Apr 30, 19, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

So when we get to Pearson we go to customs and do the interview there before we board our flight to New York?
Dont enter security. The office is landslide at T1.
Old Apr 30, 19, 12:36 pm

Yes, it is called "preclearance". Here's more details about preclearance:
https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/...s/preclearancepreclearance

Preclearance applies to everyone traveling on your flight. All passengers on your flight will "enter" the US and pass through US Customs at Toronto airport.

Enrollment on Arrival applies to conditionally approved applicants for Global Entry. While passing through US Customs just like everyone else (at YYZ), you will also have the opportunity to conduct your interview for Global Entry by following the instructions for Enrollment on Arrival given previously.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Dont enter security. The office is landslide at T1.
That is bad advice!

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted during the US entry passport and immigration inspections.

At Toronto, a US pre-clearance location, the EoA locations are booths 18 and 20 in Terminal 1 and booths 1 and 2 in Terminal 3.
GUWonder and chrisny2 like this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
That is bad advice!

Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted during the US entry passport and immigration inspections.

At Toronto, a US pre-clearance location, the EoA locations are booths 18 and 20 in Terminal 1 and booths 1 and 2 in Terminal 3.
Thank you!!

Search this Thread