Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Thought I'd add my experience of GE interview on arrival a couple of weeks ago. I am a UK citizen.
Arrived into Denver 1st off the plane so no line for immigration or GE was seen.
Mentioned that I was looking for interview on arrival and was directed down a separate line.
I was asked how many banks I had robbed, my wife was asked if she was planning on causing any trouble and that was it.
Very quick, friendly and no hassles.

Used TSA pre-check lines departing back to UK from Phoenix and zipped through security with no line or waiting.
GUWonder, TWA884 and levilevi like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
My friend and I went through YYZ today. He tried to use EOA. The CBP agent told him it would be about 40 minutes: there was one person ahead of him, but they wouldn't get to either of them until they got everyone else in line through CBP clearance. He didn't wait and will just do a normal interview in the future
Old May 7, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by chrisny2
My friend and I went through YYZ today. He tried to use EOA. The CBP agent told him it would be about 40 minutes: there was one person ahead of him, but they wouldn't get to either of them until they got everyone else in line through CBP clearance. He didn't wait and will just do a normal interview in the future
For future reference, they probably have you the worst case scenario. I did enrollment on arrival at SFO this morning. It was painless.

I was told the wait was 60 to 90 minutes. I signed my name on a clipboard; I was number 12. In reality, I was called 35 minutes later.

The interview took about 5 minutes. Other than “do you travel mostly for business or pleasure,” I wasn’t asked any questions. Most of the time was spent describing how to use the GE machine, that I could be called aside for spot checks (always say your GE, as you can jump any line) and that I couldn’t bring family members through GE with me unless they were all enrolled.

I was approved about 20 minutes after the interview.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent post discussing a Global Entry experience at SFO was moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 14, 2019, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Amy Beals Bonjour
Finally! Applied 1/25, conditionally approved 4/4! Interview scheduled for mid June. But, will most likely complete the interview upon arrival in May! But will keep checking for interviews prior to the trip. Would like to use pre-check for this trip!
Update: Returned from international travel at 4pm through DEN on Saturday 5/11. My husband who finally received CA on 4/4 had planned to do his interview on arrival. CBPA would not do the interview on arrival during the weekend. We didn't know this was the case. Very frustrating. He has rescheduled his June interview for this week. So he's finally able to get it completed. But, it's not been an easy process with limited appointment availability.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Are GE interviews on arrival generally available during weekends?
Old May 14, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Are GE interviews on arrival generally available during weekends?
The days and times that Enrollment on Arrival is available at various airports are listed in the CBP website which is linked in the wiki post at the top of each page of this thread.

From your posting history, it would appear that you may be based in the San Francisco Bay area. At SFO, Enrollment on Arrival is available seven days a week between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. in Terminal G and between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. in Terminal A.

Last edited by TWA884; May 14, 2019 at 9:07 am
Old May 16, 2019, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by HanBkk
I'm arriving at DTW. I have GE and just need an interview for APEC card. When I arrive do I go to GE terminal first and then EOA, or just go to EOA and they process the entry there?
Thanks
In case anyone is trying to do EOA at DTW in the future - the EOA is available as you exit baggage claim and go through the customs exit.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
We had the same experience at YYZ. Basically - it didn't work.
Website stated EOA begins at 6am. Wife and son arrived shortly after, and there was one other person waiting in front of her. They waited for about 2 full hours before giving up and rushing to their 8:30am flight. The gentleman in front of them also had to abandon his wait. Basically no one was able to do EOA that morning.

The problem was whenever there was a break in the flow of passengers, they sent over people waiting in the normal line.

Have anyone successfully completed EOA at YYZ T1?
Old May 18, 2019, 8:05 am

Has anyone completed EOA at DEN? Any tips?
We return to the USA through DEN ~1500 and our connecting flight departs ~1900.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Amy Beals Bonjour
Update: Returned from international travel at 4pm through DEN on Saturday 5/11. My husband who finally received CA on 4/4 had planned to do his interview on arrival. CBPA would not do the interview on arrival during the weekend. We didn't know this was the case.
According to the CBP website linked in the wikipost, the Enrollment on Arrival hours at DEN are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:37 am

We don't live near an enrollment center but will be flying into LAS where they have one at the airport. Would we qualify for Enrollment on Arrival or is that just for international travelers?
Old May 21, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Da5id
We don't live near an enrollment center but will be flying into LAS where they have one at the airport. Would we qualify for Enrollment on Arrival or is that just for international travelers?
Enrollment on Arrival is only for international arrivals however there's no reason why you couldn't make an appointment at the Las Vegas Enrollment Center in Terminal 3 during your stay in Las Vegas. You can check appointment availability on this website: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/schedulerui/...nal&service=UP
Da5id likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Enrollment on Arrival is only for international arrivals however there's no reason why you couldn't make an appointment at the Las Vegas Enrollment Center in Terminal 3 during your stay in Las Vegas. You can check appointment availability on this website: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/schedulerui/...nal&service=UP
Thank you. I didn't know if I could or what side of security the center is in Terminal 3
Old May 26, 2019, 5:51 am

Used "interview upon arrival" last week in MSP...took 5 minutes (didn't really take any extra time, because interview happened while waiting for luggage to start coming out).

Couldn't have been any easier (except just being approved unconditionally)

took new pic and did the finger prints again.

Highly recommended if choice is that or scheduling an interview.

That was Wednesday and checked this morning (sunday)and accounts says approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.