Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyFalconsFly
To participate in Enrollment on Arrival for Global Entry after being conditionally approved already. Does it require landing on an international flight in an international terminal or can you arrive on a domestic flight landing at an international terminal (MCO) and still be able to complete enrollment on arrival and bypass the need to schedule an appointment? Thanks!

mods please move if incorrectly posted sorry!
This is the thread you are looking for Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

You need to arrive from an international flight at a participating international terminal. Not from a pre-clearance airport like YVR, you will arrive at a domestic terminal.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
This is the thread you are looking for Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

You need to arrive from an international flight at a participating international terminal. Not from a pre-clearance airport like YVR, you will arrive at a domestic terminal.
YVR is, however, a global entry on "arrival" airport (link), so you can do your interview when you go through preclearance if you're already conditionally approved.

Last edited by chrisl137; Jun 15, 2018 at 9:02 am Reason: replaced link with more update link
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by chrisl137
YVR is, however, a global entry on "arrival" airport (link), so you can do your interview when you go through preclearance if you're already conditionally approved.
Thank you for your correction and link. I was only thinking about U.S. international airports, not Canada.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
Completed "Enrollment on Arrival" at SFO this morning on arrival from PVG at 8:30. There was no line when I arrived, but about 3 people behind me in the enrollment line when I finished.

Despite what the website says, the interview officer in SFO does NOT process your entry into the US, just the enrollment interview. The traveler either has to "enter" with another CBP officer, then go to the Enrollment officer, or if already a truster traveler, use GE, then get into the enrollment line. Easy process, and was approved by the time I got home, but DENIED for my APEC card for reasons unknown.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:19 pm

Completed my interview on arrival this afternoon at LAX. There was a little confusion at first because there was no agent manning the GE booth, but it was sorted quickly. Agent barely asked any questions (besides "What are you in the US for and for how long"), only took a look at my passport and GE passID number, and spent more time talking about GE and its benefits than anything else. Piece of cake!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:07 am
J S

Completed the process for my infant son on Wednesday at EWR (terminal B). It was extremely quick (just a couple of minutes). Perhaps the "interview" was fast because the rest of the family already had GE and the applicant was a baby. There was no one in line ahead of us. He told us that it might take a day or two to get the approval since he had to submit a request for a finger print waiver (my son is 2 months old). However, I got the approval email as I walked out of the terminal.

The only mistake I made was that I did the mobile passport app for the entire family (the rest of us already had global entry and should have just used the kiosks), so we had to go to the mobile passport line where a nice agent put us at the front of the line. For whatever reason, we still needed a paper customs form for the infant who had just had his interview (but the agent even filled that out for us).

Regardless, the entire process--interview plus mobile passport entry--was all completed before our bags hit the carousel.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: SWA - A-list, AA Gold, Hilton Gold
Global Entry - Enrollment on Arrival Intense Interview

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have a conditional GE approval prior to arriving back in the states, so we decided to take advantage of the Enrollment-on-Arrival program for our interview. Little did we know what we'd be in for, even after being told that the interview would take as long as 20 minutes per person. We got up there, told him that we wanted to do the EoA, and were asked, together, "you two aren't robbing any banks together, are you?" End of interview. A couple of pictures and some fingerprints, and we were on our way. I think it helped that we were among the last in line and he saw a break in his future, I guess.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
My GE approval took place at the US mission. It was planned, but I don't think it took more than 10 minutes (and I was late arriving because there was snow on that day). The interviewer all but told me that I was likely accepted but he had some boxes to tick and some details to add. From what I remember most of the stuff could have been included in the original paperwork, but wasn't. After he hit OK, I got my GE approval within 10 seconds.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: CBP
these interviews should take us (CBP Officers) no more than 5 minutes. New information or criminal history notwithstanding. All we really do is just confirm information that those guys at the vetting center already looked into. Click a few buttons, ask a few questions, 99.9% approval rate once you're meeting with us.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by maninblack
these interviews should take us (CBP Officers) no more than 5 minutes. New information or criminal history notwithstanding. All we really do is just confirm information that those guys at the vetting center already looked into. Click a few buttons, ask a few questions, 99.9% approval rate once you're meeting with us.
Out of curiosity, what are common causes of the 0.1% that get denied at the interview?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: CBP
Usually something has happened after the conditional approval was granted, or something was missed.

-A new arrest for certain crimes
-a Customs violation
-the vetting officer denied the application, but the director of that office approved it. The officer doing the in person interview denies it as well.
-caught lying on the application about employment, residence, etc

Any application that the interviewing officer denies is ultimately sent to our management anyway. I can approve you, I can't solely deny you.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

The subject of this thread is the process and logistics of having the Global Entry enrollment interviews upon arrival in the United States; this thread is not about denials and the reasons for them.

We have plenty of threads discussing reasons for denials (here is one). Having discussions of denials scattered throughout threads on other subjects makes it difficult for members to search for information when they need it.

Please get back on topic. Future off-topic posts will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 7, 2018 at 10:15 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:49 pm

hi,

can you do enrollment on arrival on weekends?

flight lands on saturday on sunday
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by dhlee528
hi,

can you do enrollment on arrival on weekends?

flight lands on saturday on sunday
Of course.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:54 pm

Has anyone on here done this at SAN and if so any experiences to share? I applied for GE on June 24th but like a lot of people my application is still pending. I'm travelling in mid- July and will be returning at the beginning of Aug and was wondering whether it would be an easy process to do this at SAN if conditional approval has been granted by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.