Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:59 pm

I am a British citizen who received conditional approval a day before travel. I arrived at San Francisco on Saturday afternoon on Virgin VS19. Was premium economy so got off quite quickly and walked briskly to immigration. Global Entry is very clearly signposted, as is the enrollment on arrival booth.

When I got there I put my name on a form and a customs officer completed my usual immigration check (handy because the wait time was at least an hour!).

I was told to go take a seat at the back of the immigration hall and wait for my name to be called There were 3 other people before me and I was warned it might take a while. I had time to kill and was alone, so decided to sit it out.

After about 15 minutes the interviewing officer came up and gave us a quick overview of the programme. He was dedicated to doing interviews with other officers handling crew etc.

In all I was waiting about 40 minutes before my turn, much of which was waiting for the guy immediately ahead of me to complete his interview.

The questions were pretty standard and asked politely. I was required to provide proof of address via my driver's license or a bill on my phone, so be prepared to have this.

Overall it was a positive experience. The global entry interviewing officer shook my hand after we were done and I had an email with approval before I'd even picked up my bags!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:11 pm

Can you still do enrollment on arrival at SFO if you are coming from Dublin Pre-Clearance?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by blbarry
Can you still do enrollment on arrival at SFO if you are coming from Dublin Pre-Clearance?
No because you'd be arriving at a domestic gate with no access to the immigration facilities.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Welcome to FT. As @davie355 said, answer is no. Perhaps you can change your flight to arrive at a participating airport in the U.S. or Canada.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ival/locations
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:36 pm

Thanks for the advice but cannot change flight.

I'll try going to the Global Entry office where they have the scheduled interview appointments to see if there are any walk-in openings. Last time I checked there were no appointments available at SFO for all of 2019 except cancellations.

Guess this is a good excuse for planning another flight soon to a country without pre-clearance.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:56 pm

Thanks for the advice but cannot change flight.

I'll try going to the Global Entry office where they have the scheduled interview appointments to see if there are any walk-in openings. Last time I checked there were no appointments available at SFO for all of 2019 except cancellations.

Guess this is a good excuse for planning another flight soon to a country without pre-clearance.
SFO Global Entry enrollment center accepts walk-ins. Wait can be long.

Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Went through the process on Saturday afternoon at AUS but still haven’t got my final approval. also the officer said I would receive a Global Entry card she even double check my mailing address. After I said to her that I thought only US citizens get those cards. Is this new? According to FAQs only US citizens get the card. Outdated FAQ?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Marschel
Went through the process on Saturday afternoon at AUS but still haven’t got my final approval. also the officer said I would receive a Global Entry card she even double check my mailing address. After I said to her that I thought only US citizens get those cards. Is this new? According to FAQs only US citizens get the card. Outdated FAQ?
Only U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents and Mexican nationals are issued Global Entry cards.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Originally Posted by Marschel
Only U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents and Mexican nationals are issued Global Entry cards.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions
@1KChinito is spot on.

There is extensive discussion of who is eligible for a Global Entry card in the Is a Global Entry card required??? thread.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

DFW time/schedule?

I've got a bunch of international (US/Mexico) flights coming up in December/January, so I thought I might try to get the GE on Arrival.
My first opportunity is in Dec. arriving into DFW from PVR with a little over 90 minutes before the connecting flight.

It sounded like you go to the GE area, find the "other passports" section and look for the GE Upon Arrival sign:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29585524-post48.html

However, I thought I saw conflicting info as to using mobile passport or not (someone said they used it, others said if you DO, it'll mess things up?)

Also, what happens if you see that there's a long line?
Do you just go to the regular, non-GE area and then try to re-schedule at some later date/time?
And if so, is there a time limit (ie, you must complete your GE Upon Arrival within X days)?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Any experiences of how to proceed / where to go at MIA (arriving at D gates)?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by CH_flyer
Any experiences of how to proceed / where to go at MIA (arriving at D gates)?
locations are given on the CBP website so look there. There is also a link to it at the very top of this thread.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
I've got a bunch of international (US/Mexico) flights coming up in December/January, so I thought I might try to get the GE on Arrival.
My first opportunity is in Dec. arriving into DFW from PVR with a little over 90 minutes before the connecting flight.

It sounded like you go to the GE area, find the "other passports" section and look for the GE Upon Arrival sign:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29585524-post48.html

However, I thought I saw conflicting info as to using mobile passport or not (someone said they used it, others said if you DO, it'll mess things up?)

Also, what happens if you see that there's a long line?
Do you just go to the regular, non-GE area and then try to re-schedule at some later date/time?
And if so, is there a time limit (ie, you must complete your GE Upon Arrival within X days)?
I can't speak to the line labeling at DFW -- at SFO a few weeks ago there were signs for "Interview on Arrival" that led the same way as GE until right before the GE kiosks, where the marked Interview line was. If that line was too long, I'm sure anyone could just back out of that and go to the regular/mobile passport line. At that point you haven't started Interview on Arrival, so there's nothing to complete within X days; you'd just have to schedule an appointment the regular way, or try Interview on Arrival another trip. Nuance: there was one agent serving GE receipt checks and Interview on Arrival, so she didn't take any of us until there was nobody waiting for GE entry; about a 15 minute wait before I (1st in line) was taken, and it probably took 5 minutes additional for each person behind in line. She did take our passports and "check us in" midway through that 15 minutes, so you would want to let the agent know you have a connection and ask the estimated time before that.

I can't imagine how using Mobile Passport could screw things up -- in my case it sped things along, as the agent finished my interview then processed me into the country using the Mobile Passport declarations (apparently; she never asked for the barcode or any form, but I'm sure it pops up on their screen as it's linked to the passport). In fact, many have said that even after you have GE *at airports with combined immigration and customs* submitting Mobile Passport was a good idea, then deciding at the lines whether the mobile passport or GE Kiosk process looked faster (but at airports that still have a separate line for customs exit, a few extra minutes spent in the GE kiosk process could save significant time later).
hurnik likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
locations are given on the CBP website so look there. There is also a link to it at the very top of this thread.
Was more looking for some first hand experience as signage & process appears to vary from airport to airport...
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:21 pm

Flying Shanghai-Dallas-Miami. Which airport you guys recommend to chose for the interview? Do I need to schedule it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.