Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sarpotd
Global entry interview on Arrival @ EWR

I am renewing my GE and will try to get the interview on arrival @ EWR. I have a connecting trans-cont flight 1.5 hours after arrival at EWR. If the GE interview takes too long and I miss the connecting UA flight will I get accommodated on a later flight without charge? Is the rebooking done at the same place where I re checkin luggage?

I checked and there are later flights but in higher fare class (higher fare.)
Last several times I have missed flights at EWR due to a travel party member being delayed in the federal inspection area or any other reason before the area to recheck in checked luggage, UA has had no problem confirming us or placing us on standby for the next same-day flight without making an issue of it.

Yes, and yes. If they ask why you are late, say passport control/customs delayed you.
sarpotd likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have done EOA at EWR and ORD with travel party members last month, and every time the EOA was done at a staffed counter that was not part of the normal GE line but could be reached by going down a GE line or asking someone what to do to get to GE EOA. But it wasn’t a problem for me to use GE, get a receipt and then go to the EOA process counter and show the GE receipt there. It might get a person some look or question when EOA isn’t relevant to all together; but a brief, pre-emptive explanation about me just being there for “their” EOA seemed to work just fine from what I’ve seen this year.
So, when doing EoA, a person must finish the GE entry first using the kiosk and then go to an EoA booth for the interview?

I'm asking bc I'm planning to complete my renewal process at YVR (departing to the US). The EoA website says the YVR EoA booths are 21 and 23. I don't know if I should be heading to those booths immediately or go through GE entry first.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by madraida
So, when doing EoA, a person must finish the GE entry first using the kiosk and then go to an EoA booth for the interview?
No, it’s not a requirement. It’s a possibility at some airports for those who are renewal applicants.

Originally Posted by madraida
I'm asking bc I'm planning to complete my renewal process at YVR (departing to the US). The EoA website says the YVR EoA booths are 21 and 23. I don't know if I should be heading to those booths immediately or go through GE entry first.
If it were my travel party members doing EOA at YVR, I would go to the numbered booths as soon as we can there — whether it’s with a GE receipt or hand-written completion of the printed CBP paper declaration form.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA
Could anyone please confirm Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) enrollment on arrival hours of operation? The cbp enrollment on arrival web page lists them as 11am-2pm, but an employee there is saying that they do interviews whole day long.

Has anyone had experience with enrollment on arrival at PHX outside posed hours of 11am-2pm?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:32 pm

EOA at SFO

I just wanted to add my experience with EOA at SFO.

After getting off of the plane, I followed the signs for Global Entry. As I neared the passport control area, the GE line split into regular GE and GE on Arrival. I got in the GE on Arrival line. An officer scanned my passport to make sure I was in the GE system, and then he had me write my name down on a waiting list clipboard. A different officer was handling the actual interviews. There were about a dozen chairs along the wall in the back where I waited.

The interviewing officer came and asked everyone waiting to be ready with their passport, driver's license, and PASSID. When it was my turn, he started with fingerprints and a photo before asking about my travel history, occupation, etc. My interview took about 15 minutes. The officer was professional and friendly. I was instantly approved, and I received my card in the mail around a week later.

Since there was only one officer doing the interviews, the wait time was considerable. It is not uncommon for there to be 6-8 people in line, which means the last person is facing a 2.5+ hour wait. Some applicants were visibly upset by the long wait time for the EOA interview.

Since EOA interviews occur before baggage claim, my bags sat on the carousel while I was waiting/being interviewed. My airline eventually pulled the bags, and I found them stacked next to the carousel. I should note that it is very easy to miss the exit for connecting flights/baggage recheck at SFO. You really have to be paying attention and ask an employee if you're not sure where to go.

Given what I experienced, I would not count on doing EOA at SFO unless you have a long layover after your inbound international flight.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:13 pm

I am flying into EWR on United landing early morning in a couple of days. Usually, the flight docks at Terminal B and the GE EOA there opens at 5 am. I checked online and the flight for the past few days has been docking at Terminal C where the EOA starts at 12 pm.

If my flight does end up going to Terminal C can I still ask to be interviewed after GE (and then go to Terminal B for the interview) or has United just thrown cold water on my plans?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:01 pm

I can't speak to the logic of why they aren't on the EoA list, BUT I can update you after our experience traveling through last month. I was expecting to be SOL for getting my daughter's interview taken care of, only we went to the border control line and there was a sign that said something like, "conditionally approved for GE, ask us about completing your enrollment" so when we got to the front of the GE line we mentioned that our daughter was conditionally approved and they took us back and did her interview.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by J_Dub
I can't speak to the logic of why they aren't on the EoA list, BUT I can update you after our experience traveling through last month. I was expecting to be SOL for getting my daughter's interview taken care of, only we went to the border control line and there was a sign that said something like, "conditionally approved for GE, ask us about completing your enrollment" so when we got to the front of the GE line we mentioned that our daughter was conditionally approved and they took us back and did her interview.
Was this in DUB?

I should note that DUB and SNN were added to the list of participating EoA airports since we discussed this topic in September.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:14 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by TWA884
Perhaps you went to the wrong booth or at the wrong time or day. At Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Enrollment on Arrival interviews are available only at Booth 58 from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
A coworker tried to enroll on arrival at O'hare recently and was told its no longer available, everyone has to go to the custom's office now
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTA
A coworker tried to enroll on arrival at O'hare recently and was told its no longer available, everyone has to go to the custom's office now
How "recently"? I did my renewal on arrival at ORD last month.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:24 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by TomMM
How "recently"? I did my renewal on arrival at ORD last month.
Not sure exactly, the coworker was talking to a 3rd person across the room, I just overheard it. From what was said it seemed like within the past month or 2. I just thought it was odd given my personal experience and now this coworker's.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FTA
At the end of last month they were still doing EOA at ORD.

Did the co-worker fly into ORD from a CBP preclearanace airport or on a weekend? CBP’s EOA page still has EOA listed for operation at ORD at counter 58 in terminal 5 with its limited hours of operations for Monday to Friday.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:59 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did the co-worker fly into ORD from a CBP preclearanace airport or on a weekend?
Don't know, didn't over hear that much. Others wanting to EOA at O'hare should contact them and make sure its open.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:23 pm

Has anyone done this at SEA lately? I have around 2 hours for my connecting flight and would like to see if this is doable
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:34 pm

ended up taking around 40 minutes, somewhat doable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.