FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:32 pm
arandano

EOA at SFO

I just wanted to add my experience with EOA at SFO.

After getting off of the plane, I followed the signs for Global Entry. As I neared the passport control area, the GE line split into regular GE and GE on Arrival. I got in the GE on Arrival line. An officer scanned my passport to make sure I was in the GE system, and then he had me write my name down on a waiting list clipboard. A different officer was handling the actual interviews. There were about a dozen chairs along the wall in the back where I waited.

The interviewing officer came and asked everyone waiting to be ready with their passport, driver's license, and PASSID. When it was my turn, he started with fingerprints and a photo before asking about my travel history, occupation, etc. My interview took about 15 minutes. The officer was professional and friendly. I was instantly approved, and I received my card in the mail around a week later.

Since there was only one officer doing the interviews, the wait time was considerable. It is not uncommon for there to be 6-8 people in line, which means the last person is facing a 2.5+ hour wait. Some applicants were visibly upset by the long wait time for the EOA interview.

Since EOA interviews occur before baggage claim, my bags sat on the carousel while I was waiting/being interviewed. My airline eventually pulled the bags, and I found them stacked next to the carousel. I should note that it is very easy to miss the exit for connecting flights/baggage recheck at SFO. You really have to be paying attention and ask an employee if you're not sure where to go.

Given what I experienced, I would not count on doing EOA at SFO unless you have a long layover after your inbound international flight.