Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:36 pm

LAX EoA

Adding another data point - my fiance had his interview while transiting through LAX on Friday afternoon (11/29). There were at least two planes' worth of passengers going through immigration at the time and we were last off of our flight. He was done with his interview by the time our luggage made the belt. We had a 2.25 hr connection and made it to the Terminal 7 gate (walked) about 20 minutes before our next flight started boarding. Tighter than I would have liked, but possible on a 2-2.5 hr connection.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
EoA in Dublin

From another thread:

Originally Posted by drscoop
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to do EOA at the Dublin pre-clearance facility..... On an unexpected trip to the US and routed to fly via Dublin, hoping to get an interview but there are no interviews breing conducted today. Seems the EOA interviews here are not neccessarily a consistent thing - I guess it depends on staffing? Might be worth bearing in mind if anyone is planning to travel via DUB specifically for an EOA?

However, the nice guy on the desk did do my immigration check for this trip there and then, so I didn't have to go back into the usual non-US immigration line - given how short the GE line was, that did save significant time!
It should be noted that EoA in DUB is available only between the hours of 09:00 and 13:00 on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 5, 2019 at 9:04 am
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just to add another data point for LAX.

Applied for my daughter in May, conditionally approved in Nov. Came back through LAX 12/5 and asked for EoA, told by CPB officer that no one was available to enroll us. When I asked him what our options were, he said to try again next time we come through on an international trip.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

@bd24133,

What time of day was it?

At LAX EoA is supposed to be available from 6:00am to 9:00pm at TBIT, 9:00am to 5:00pm in T2, and 11:00am to 7:00pm in T4 and T7.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It was around noon-1PM when we passed through
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:39 am

Can an interview upon arrival be held on a weekend, or outside of normal business hours?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Can an interview upon arrival be held on a weekend, or outside of normal business hours?
It depends on the location. Check the hours of operation at website linked in the wiki at the top of the page.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tedjhnsn
Could anyone please confirm Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) enrollment on arrival hours of operation? The cbp enrollment on arrival web page lists them as 11am-2pm, but an employee there is saying that they do interviews whole day long.

Has anyone had experience with enrollment on arrival at PHX outside posed hours of 11am-2pm?
Confirming that CBP does conduct EoA interviews at PHX outside posted hours.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:35 am

Has anyone done a Global Entry Interview On Arrival at JFK T7 recently? What is the set up? I'm trying to work out how long to leave between connections... does one go direct to the Global Entry booth (Number 1 I think) or do I have to join the regular international passport holders line and then ask for the Global Entry On Arrival Interview when I'm at the desk?

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Has anyone done a Global Entry Interview On Arrival at JFK T7 recently? What is the set up? I'm trying to work out how long to leave between connections... does one go direct to the Global Entry booth (Number 1 I think) or do I have to join the regular international passport holders line and then ask for the Global Entry On Arrival Interview when I'm at the desk?

Thanks
If you can get your hands on a paper customs declaration form, then as a conditionally-approved first-time GE applicant with a filled in declaration form, you can go to the designated space for GE enrollment on arrival and get processed for entry as well enrollment on arrival when it's operating.

If for some reason GE EOA were not operating, you may prefer to have gone through the regular line for your passport/immigration status on the trip and then inform the CBP employee there that you want to do GE enrollment on arrival. The CBP employee should then be able to either direct you to the GE EOA space, arrange for EOA, or just inform you it's not being done at the time (for whatever reason) and process you for entry without the GE EOA procedure. If I were in this kind of situation, I would consider doing the regular international visitors line unless and until I get a clear visual sight of the EOA line being operated and not having too long a line itself.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you can get your hands on a paper customs declaration form, then as a conditionally-approved first-time GE applicant with a filled in declaration form, you can go to the designated space for GE enrollment on arrival and get processed for entry as well enrollment on arrival when it's operating.

If for some reason GE EOA were not operating, you may prefer to have gone through the regular line for your passport/immigration status on the trip and then inform the CBP employee there that you want to do GE enrollment on arrival. The CBP employee should then be able to either direct you to the GE EOA space, arrange for EOA, or just inform you it's not being done at the time (for whatever reason) and process you for entry without the GE EOA procedure. If I were in this kind of situation, I would consider doing the regular international visitors line unless and until I get a clear visual sight of the EOA line being operated and not having too long a line itself.
thanks so much. Any idea where I can get the paper customs form. They don’t do them on EX UK flights any more
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
thanks so much. Any idea where I can get the paper customs form. They don’t do them on EX UK flights any more
Please refer to the following threads:
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:51 am

My husband did his renewal on-arrival at SFO on December 4. Practically no appointments available anywhere in California in the near future, so ~10 people also trying to the on-arrival strategy. Initially it was very slow because all the CBP officers were working on processing passengers coming off the international flights. But as soon as those cleared up, the officers start working on the interviews. It took about 1 hour while I gathered our luggage. You're not allowed to wait in the secured area so eventually I had to grab a luggage cart and wait out in the landside area.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:09 pm

No EoA being done at YVR today. I was going to do my renewal but the booth officer said their boss told them no because it’s a long weekend.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:18 am

My wife did EoA at ORD on Monday, Dec 30 and it was an easy process. Here's a quick description of what she/we went through.
My wife, myself and our infant daughter applied in September (first time applicants). My wife received her conditional approval on Dec 24 while we were traveling outside the US (me and my daughter still waiting for CA). With our planned flight back to ORD, arriving around 3.30 PM on Monday Dec 30 and 3hr to catch our connecting flight home, we thought the timing was perfect for EoA. Our flight was on time so we got to immigration line a little before 4 PM (on a Monday). We tried to find but didn't see any sign for enrollment on arrival. We asked someone who worked there and were told we should go and see an officer and get admitted to the US first then he/she will tell us what to do next. We did exactly that, standing in line, seeing an officer at a regular booth (not a GE booth/area), getting processed and admitted together and then he told us to go to another booth around the corner to complete the EoA process. I asked him if we could go together even though only my wife was going to do the EoA, he said yes. We walked there together and there were a couple of people in front of us. My wife stood in line and I took my daughter to the baggage claim area. Not long after I finished picking up our luggage, I could see my wife packing up her stuff and walking toward us. It was that quick. She said it took probably 5 minutes, including photos and finger prints. She didn't have to show the CA letter, they just looked it up on the system. They only asked a couple of questions regarding her travel history (e.g What did you go to XYZ country for?). By the time she joined us at the baggage claim area, which is a just a short walk away, an update came via email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.