Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by vincent_
I am arriving on FRA - YYZ and depart two days later on YYZ - MUC. Is there any chance to do the interview in YYZ even though I am not arriving/depart with an US flight?
Do not believe you can do Enrollment on Arrival at Toronto unless you fly into U.S.A from Toronto.
However website shows: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...lment-arrival:
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Terminal 3 - Primary Booths 1 or 2
Hours of Operation: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Contact Information: (905) 676-2606 ext. 244

You can make an appointment at YYZ enrollment center while you are in Toronto: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...enters/canada#.

Toronto-Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Address: 6301 Silver Dart Drive
(Terminal 1, Aisle 8, near PEEL Regional Police Station)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5P 1A2
Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday
Contact Information: (905) 676-3477
(855) 866-3987
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by vincent_
I am arriving on FRA - YYZ and depart two days later on YYZ - MUC. Is there any chance to do the interview in YYZ even though I am not arriving/depart with an US flight?
Enrollment on Arrival is available at YYZ only during the US immigration and customs inspections prior to departure to the US. You will need a ticket to fly to the United States and present yourself for US CBP inspections for admission to the United States in order to have a Global Entry enrollment interview at a pre-clearance facility.

From the CBP website which is linked in the wikipost at the top of every page in this thread:
Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) is CBP program that allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The EoA program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.
As 1KChinito wrote above, you can try to schedule an enrollment interview at the YYZ Enrollment Center during your stay in Toronto.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:38 pm

Still waiting for the interview...

Originally Posted by avarnathan
Like so many others I have been waiting for CA close to 10 months. There are a few lucky ones who gets CA anywhere from 24 hrs to a week.
Still looking for an appointment in my hometown enrollment center.
I think My hometown airport hasn’t started to interview because I keep checking online 2 or 3 times a day since CA approval on Nov 16th and each time it says theres\ are no appointments available.
And I keep getting emails from ‘[email protected], saying I can use the ‘interview on arrival’ option.
My understanding is, this is only upon arrival from an international trip.
Since international travel is restricted due to COVID, is the GID interview upon arrival is open for domestic travelers? I wish it is, since my hometown airport has not opened for interviews.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Are they doing GE interview on arrival after international travel these days? "Enrollment on arrival", does anyone know? Thank you
Old Feb 15, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by slumb3r
Are they doing GE interview on arrival after international travel these days? "Enrollment on arrival", does anyone know? Thank you
I believe they are. But best to follow up on the following thread dedicated to Enrollment on Arrival.
slumb3r likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm Reason: Remove circular link after posts were moved
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by slumb3r
Hello ​​​​​​slumb3r,

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

The answer is yes.

From the CBP website:
Enrollment on Arrival has remained operational and that program remains the best option for conditionally approved Global Entry applicants to complete the enrollment process without pre-scheduling an interview.
slumb3r likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hi,
​​​​​​
Apologies if already answered, but what signage am I looking for?

Is it just the regular global entry? Do I use Global Entry in the normal way and then speak to the officer or something else?

Bit confused.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Hi,
​​​​​​
Apologies if already answered, but what signage am I looking for?

Is it just the regular global entry? Do I use Global Entry in the normal way and then speak to the officer or something else?

Bit confused.

At ORD I had to go to a specific entry desk. Somewhere on the GE website they list the procedures for specific airports.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by TomMM
At ORD I had to go to a specific entry desk. Somewhere on the GE website they list the procedures for specific airports.
Was it a space that was otherwise handling regular passengers? In other words, are they Under Pressure to just get people through or do they have plenty of time for a more extended interview if the message on the computer has further information for clarification?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Was it a space that was otherwise handling regular passengers? In other words, are they Under Pressure to just get people through or do they have plenty of time for a more extended interview if the message on the computer has further information for clarification?

No, it was a special line. The others in line had a X on their GE receipts but were mostly crew members. This was in Oct 2019. You really need to get the current information from the GE website.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Originally Posted by TomMM
No, it was a special line. The others in line had a X on their GE receipts but were mostly crew members. This was in Oct 2019. You really need to get the current information from the GE website.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

Use this link and check for details specific to your arriving port of entry to the United States.

As to "Under Pressure" - absolutely not. Expect that any agent working at the border to take just as much time as they deem necessary to decide the disposition of the person they are speaking with. The number of people waiting in line has no bearing, rather, each agent is potentially held responsible for each individual they admit, so expect each agent to make that determination depending on the person standing in front of them, and not the length of the queue.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:18 pm

Hi all,

I was finally going to schedule my GE interview (conditionally approved, renewal) @ JFK -but- I remembered all the EoA emails I've been getting from GE. So now I'm thinking about just doing EoA during my return from an In'tl trip next month, but I need a new picture taken for my GE card. Will they accomodate such request during EoA? Would appreciate if anyone has any insight or feedback. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Hi all,

I was finally going to schedule my GE interview (conditionally approved, renewal) @ JFK -but- I remembered all the EoA emails I've been getting from GE. So now I'm thinking about just doing EoA during my return from an In'tl trip next month, but I need a new picture taken for my GE card. Will they accomodate such request during EoA? Would appreciate if anyone has any insight or feedback. Thanks.
EoA does everything that a regular interview appointment will do.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mnbp
Yes. The main difference -- relevant to some more than others -- is that EOA most commonly doesn't come with a place to sit down while engaged in the "interview" process.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes. The main difference -- relevant to some more than others -- is that EOA most commonly doesn't come with a place to sit down while engaged in the "interview" process.
Thank you mnbp GUWander

Doing EoA sounds perfect for my situation then! I appreciate the response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.