Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 16, 20, 5:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wonít need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 19, 5:51 am
  #226  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa...Delta Charter Diamond, now Gold
Posts: 2,047
Used "interview upon arrival" last week in MSP...took 5 minutes (didn't really take any extra time, because interview happened while waiting for luggage to start coming out).

Couldn't have been any easier (except just being approved unconditionally)

took new pic and did the finger prints again.

Highly recommended if choice is that or scheduling an interview.

That was Wednesday and checked this morning (sunday)and accounts says approved.
Live4Miles is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 2:10 am
  #227  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,139
Is anybody able to tell me the process for completing Enrollment on Arrival at Atlanta Airport please? We will be arriving off an international flight. Do you have to go through the normal immigration line first or is there a separate line where you complete the interview and immigration formalities in one?
jp-mco is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 6:03 am
  #228  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa...Delta Charter Diamond, now Gold
Posts: 2,047
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
Is anybody able to tell me the process for completing Enrollment on Arrival at Atlanta Airport please? We will be arriving off an international flight. Do you have to go through the normal immigration line first or is there a separate line where you complete the interview and immigration formalities in one?
In MSP, I did the GE kiosk, took my receipt and then followed sign to the "enrollment on arrival" cubicle. It was just one of the normal podiums they have to stamp passports...just before the baggage claim area.
Live4Miles is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 6:16 am
  #229  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by Live4Miles View Post
In MSP, I did the GE kiosk, took my receipt and then followed sign to the "enrollment on arrival" cubicle. It was just one of the normal podiums they have to stamp passports...just before the baggage claim area.
So you can use the GE kiosk before you've had your enrollment interview?
jp-mco is offline  
Old May 29, 19, 6:26 am
  #230  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa...Delta Charter Diamond, now Gold
Posts: 2,047
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
So you can use the GE kiosk before you've had your enrollment interview?
In my case it was a "renewal" interview.
(wife didn't need interview...I did...only difference was I had new passport last year and hers was same as when we originally applied...don't know if that is why I had to do it or not? only took 5 minutes)
Live4Miles is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:01 am
  #231  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa...Delta Charter Diamond, now Gold
Posts: 2,047
Just a word of warning...when you complete this process, they take your picture! If I remember correctly the first time we applied and had our in person interview we were able to see picture before it was final...This time first time I saw it was yesterday when I received my new GE card in the mail...after 12 hours of traveling (with stocking cap on and then removed to take picture), my hair looks just like a disaster area!
Live4Miles is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 5:52 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
Programs: AA, Marriott
Posts: 4,640
Originally Posted by Live4Miles View Post
Just a word of warning...when you complete this process, they take your picture! If I remember correctly the first time we applied and had our in person interview we were able to see picture before it was final...This time first time I saw it was yesterday when I received my new GE card in the mail...after 12 hours of traveling (with stocking cap on and then removed to take picture), my hair looks just like a disaster area!
This might be a more accurate photo for most travelers though!
MorganB likes this.
Majuki is online now  
Old Jun 6, 19, 3:52 am
  #233  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 91,644
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
So you can use the GE kiosk before you've had your enrollment interview?
Renewal GE membership applicants whose GE membership hasnít been expired for more than 6 months can use the GE kiosks before doing the renewal membership enrollment interview; most others, however, canít use the GE kiosks before the GE membership enrollment interview.
jp-mco likes this.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 4:41 am
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post


Renewal GE membership applicants whose GE membership hasnít been expired for more than 6 months can use the GE kiosks before doing the renewal membership enrollment interview; most others, however, canít use the GE kiosks before the GE membership enrollment interview.
Thank you - I thought that was the case. This is our first time interview. What I was trying to ascertain through my question was whether at Atlanta we will be directed to a special line for GE Enrollment on Arrival or have to clear normal immigration first? I'm asking because our flight doesn't arrive until 8:05PM and I know GE Enrollment on Arrival closes at ATL at 9PM. If we have to clear immigration first it likely won't happen - if we don't then there might be a chance!
jp-mco is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 4:55 am
  #235  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: DL PM 1MM
Posts: 3,097
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
Thank you - I thought that was the case. This is our first time interview. What I was trying to ascertain through my question was whether at Atlanta we will be directed to a special line for GE Enrollment on Arrival or have to clear normal immigration first? I'm asking because our flight doesn't arrive until 8:05PM and I know GE Enrollment on Arrival closes at ATL at 9PM. If we have to clear immigration first it likely won't happen - if we don't then there might be a chance!
Enrollment on Arrival means enrolling during your chat with the arrival immigration officer. You do EOA during your arrival, so look for signs or ask before you reach the immigration officer.
GUWonder, TWA884 and jp-mco like this.
mnbp is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 5:05 am
  #236  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Enrollment on Arrival means enrolling during your chat with the arrival immigration officer. You do EOA during your arrival, so look for signs or ask before you reach the immigration officer.
Thank you. So do you have to go in the normal immigration line with everyone else who is not enrolling in GE or is there a separate line?
jp-mco is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 8:38 am
  #237  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Posts: 13,554
Originally Posted by Live4Miles View Post
Just a word of warning...when you complete this process, they take your picture! If I remember correctly the first time we applied and had our in person interview we were able to see picture before it was final...This time first time I saw it was yesterday when I received my new GE card in the mail...after 12 hours of traveling (with stocking cap on and then removed to take picture), my hair looks just like a disaster area!
I made a point of wearing a flattering (such that can be for an old goat) blue shirt, not realizing the pics would be monochrome.
Points Scrounger is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 9:23 am
  #238  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 13,551
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post


Thank you. So do you have to go in the normal immigration line with everyone else who is not enrolling in GE or is there a separate line?
The are dedicated booths where EOA interviews are conducted; as @mnbp wrote above, look for and follow the EOA signs or ask the line minders.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 9:45 am
  #239  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
The are dedicated booths where EOA interviews are conducted; as @mnbp wrote above, look for and follow the EOA signs or ask the line minders.
Thanks - will do. I assume that's the same at all airports?
jp-mco is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:31 pm
  #240  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 91,644
Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
Thanks - will do. I assume that's the same at all airports?
Itís a bit different from airport to airport but CBP has a web page that gives the airport-level details about the hours and position of where to try to do it at each relevant airport. The CBP site is not comprehensive in this regard as at some airports where they do this, they may offer it in ways or at times that go beyond that listed on the website. For example, last quarter, CBP doing MPC at some airports were also willing to do enrollment on arrival or help with getting it done even when the CBP website provided a sort of indication that it wouldnít do so, at least not at the all the times when CBP had employees doing EOA on the side.
jp-mco likes this.
GUWonder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: