Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old May 21, 19, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 15, 19, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by J_Dub View Post
I was hoping to use this to enroll my daughter after our trip to Ireland in October as all of the airports we could complete the interview at are 3+ hours from us and appointments aren't available until the very end of the year, so doing it on an existing trip would be great. However, we are flying from DUB to PHL. I believe that you clear CBP in DUB so does that mean we will be unable to take advantage of this in PHL? Thanks!
They may be able to it at DUB. I know YYZ does it.
Old Sep 15, 19, 8:22 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
They may be able to it at DUB. I know YYZ does it.
No.

Take a look at the CBP Enrollment on Arrival Locations webpage which is linked in the wikipost. YYZ is listed as an EoA location, DUB is not.
Old Sep 15, 19, 9:39 pm

Thanks, TWA884. And yeah, I was looking that list and realizing I was probably out of luck simply because I'm flying from DUB. Annoying, especially as I live a few hours from airports where you can schedule an interview. Oh well, thanks for your help!
Old Sep 16, 19, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
No.

Take a look at the CBP Enrollment on Arrival Locations webpage which is linked in the wikipost. YYZ is listed as an EoA location, DUB is not.
Well that answers that. I am Curious why some preclearance do it and not others. It's been ages since went direct from DUB. Are they incredibly busy? Short staffed? Just trying to figure out the logic.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just applied a week ago for my toddler daughter and she was shockingly conditionally approved within a week. Unfortunately the next appointment at any airport within 2 hours driving is a few days after we're scheduled to land at IAD from the Caribbean near New Year.

1) Does Enrollment on Arrival save time vs waiting in regular customs line? She'll be the only one of traveling party without GE. From my understanding we just go to a separate line for admission by CBP agent and they will handle the enrollment as well.

2) I have made a tentative appointment a few days after our return, is it worth checking daily to see if anything opens up sooner? Or is that unlikely?
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:34 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by terpfan101 View Post
2) I have made a tentative appointment a few days after our return, is it worth checking daily to see if anything opens up sooner? Or is that unlikely?
Yes, especially when that enrollment center is open. Check daily and frequently. You are very likely to find something suitable in 72 hours or sooner.

Good luck.
Old Sep 16, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
1) Does Enrollment on Arrival save time vs waiting in regular customs line? She'll be the only one of traveling party without GE. From my understanding we just go to a separate line for admission by CBP agent and they will handle the enrollment as well.
It depends on the airport and setup. I reported on a recent data point from a friend who waited an hour for EoA a week ago for instance.
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Appointments open up "all the time". The more often you check, the more likely YOU will find the open timeslot that has just become available.
Old Sep 19, 19, 8:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I went through the EoA process earlier this week at JFK as part of my GE renewal. Should I be seeing something different on the CPB website when I log in? It still says I'm at the 'Conditionally Approved' stage. Thanks
Old Sep 19, 19, 1:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
I went through the EoA process earlier this week at JFK as part of my GE renewal. Should I be seeing something different on the CPB website when I log in? It still says I'm at the 'Conditionally Approved' stage. Thanks
If you do not see approved one week from Enrollment on Arrival date, call JFK enrollment center. Most likely someone forgot to click approved button/key.
golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
If you do not see approved one week from Enrollment on Arrival date, call JFK enrollment center. Most likely someone forgot to click approved button/key.
Thanks for the advice. Will do.
Old Sep 19, 19, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Please take a look at this thread:
Global entry application is still "Conditionally Approved" after interview
golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
That's very useful, thank you.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 19, 7:40 am

Programs: KF, AM
Searched the thread to find not so good experiences at EWR EoA.

Anyone done it recently (in the last months?) at Terminal B for a 6 am arrival? Will be landing from the world's longest flight and I pretty much don't have a chance to delay my application anymore...
Old Sep 21, 19, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
How was it at JFK? Did it take a long time?

Search this Thread