Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Deadline to Complete Trusted Travelers Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have TWO YEARS from the date that CBP conditionally approves their application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires pending the final approval of the renewal application.

Print Wikipost

Deadline to Complete Trusted Travelers Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)

My GOES expires in May. After receiving my approval letter for scheduling, I realized that nobody on the West Coast had openings for interviews prior to May. No worries, I had 3 international trips planned between January and April, and planned to interview on the way through immigrations at SEA. In January, the lines were hella long due to COVID screening. Then, international travel was cancelled. Now I'm still unable to interview anywhere locally (still travel restricted) AND I wont have the opportunity to travel internationally and interview on arrival. Any suggestions? Is there a contact that anyone can give me to request an extension? I checked the GOES site; other than the notice that offices are closed until May 1, there isn't info on rescheduling, scheduling, or extensions,
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Since you applied to renew your Global Entry membership prior to its original expiration date, you will continue to receive all GE benefits pending the final approval of the renewal application for up to a year after the original expiration date (I have a vague memory that it may have been extended to 18 months due to the COVID-19 pandemic).

BTW, GOES, the global online enrollment system, has been replaced by the TTP, the trusted travelers program website.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:57 pm
Shi

On a semi-related note, Wife's interview window expires in August with no slots open in Atlanta (our residence) - considering the covid situation we're reluctant to schedule for out of town - anyone know if there will be a grace period? This is in regards to a first time application just for clarity.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
CBP updates on concerning TTP enrollments and renewals.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ram-enrollment
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by Shi
On a semi-related note, Wife's interview window expires in August with no slots open in Atlanta (our residence) - considering the covid situation we're reluctant to schedule for out of town - anyone know if there will be a grace period? This is in regards to a first time application just for clarity.
Is that the window in which to initially schedule an interview? Just means she has to schedule it in the timeframe. It can still be for after that.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
CBP updates on concerning TTP enrollments and renewals.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ram-enrollment
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have 485 days from the date of their application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend for up to 18 months the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires.
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Is that the window in which to initially schedule an interview? Just means she has to schedule it in the timeframe. It can still be for after that.
There is no deadline to schedule the interview; however, the enrollment interview must be completed within sixteen months from the date of the application.

Last edited by TWA884; May 10, 2020 at 1:18 pm Reason: Correct error.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is indeed no deadline to schedule the interview since there is no requirement to even schedule an interview. The deadline is to complete any required interview within the designated time frame; and completing such interview can be done with or without ever having scheduled the "interview".

In 2018, CBP eliminated a requirement to schedule an interview with CBP, and with that CBP also eliminated the deadline to schedule the interview. In lieu of the requirement to schedule an interview, CBP went simply with a requirement to complete any required interview within the designated time frame. [CBP made this adjustment in light of how enrollment on arrival was working out better and better for CBP and GE new/renewal applicants.] Now, in 2020, the deadline to complete the interview has been expanded for up to 18 months.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:24 pm
Shi

The website just shows a notice indicating that it has to be scheduled by August - it's a relief to know it doesn't have to be completed by then. Hopefully some locations start opening up future appointment windows
Old May 10, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by TWA884
There is no deadline to schedule the interview; however, the enrollment interview must be completed within <sixteen months from the date of the application>.
I'm a bit confused about initial application deadlines. We applied in March 2019 but didn't get conditional approval until August, with a deadline to complete enrolment of August 2020. The dashboard still says the same thing - that we need to complete within 365 days of conditional approval. We would have achieved that but for recent cancellations.

That link above, says within 485 days of application - so we were already beyond that with our August deadline. I cannot find any reference on the CBP website to18 months from conditional approval - but it would help if it were the case.

Last edited by TWA884; May 10, 2020 at 1:19 pm Reason: Correct erroneous information in quoted post to avoid future confusion
Old May 10, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
That link above, says within 485 days of application - so we were already beyond that with our August deadline. I cannot find any reference on the CBP website to18 months from conditional approval - but it would help if it were the case.
You are correct. It was my error. My apologies. I have edited my post and the quote to eliminate future confusion.

The eighteen months is applicable only to the extension of Trusted Traveler Programs benefits for members who applied for renewal before the expiration dates.
Old May 10, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
So, at the moment, our deadline to complete enrolment is August and there is no extension in place to extend that? Do we expect there to be any extensions applied?

The problem otherwise, apart from the additional expense, is that we would have to start the whole process again with potentially several months from application to approval.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
So, at the moment, our deadline to complete enrolment is August and there is no extension in place to extend that? Do we expect there to be any extensions applied?
I just spent some time Googling and I can't find anything other than what's been announced on the linked page. I'd like to think that there is an error in the phrasing of the news release and that the sixteen months start running from the date of receiving the conditional approval. That would be a four months extension of the deadline that existed prior to the temporary closure of the enrollment centers due to the COVID-19 outbreak, which was a year after receiving the conditional approval; it was not a year from the date of the application. As currently worded, many applicants will have a shorter deadline than existed before the pandemic. That simply makes no sense.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
From the date of conditional approval, GE applicants now have up to 485 days to complete any required final interview. That deadline has been increased from one year to 485 days, exactly in the manner as I had suspected earlier.

So applicants now get as much as nearly 4 additional months to do the “interview” to go from conditional approval to final approval.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
From the date of conditional approval, GE applicants now have up to 485 days to complete any required final interview. That deadline has been increased from one year to 485 days, exactly in the manner as I had suspected earlier.
Do you have a citation to support that statement?

That is not how the notice is worded on the CBP website:

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have 485 days from the date of their application to complete the enrollment process.
Old May 20, 2020, 10:36 am

The CBP notice was updated on May 20, 2020, to clarify that Trusted Travelers Programs applicants have 485 days from the date that the CBP conditionally approves their application to complete the enrollment process.

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have 485 days from the date that CBP conditionally approves their application to complete the enrollment process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.