Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Once you have your NEXUS final approval, there is no need to renew your Global Entry.
Yes, of course, hence why I applied for NEXUS. However, had I applied much closer to my GE expiry date, a 10+ week delay in NEXUS approval to get the interview, with many locations being near fully booked for the next 6 months historically, would possibly have meant me not having GE privileges at all for some intervening time period between my GE expiry date and my NEXUS interview date.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Nexus
CBP update on processing times

Hello! I've been following this chat to see if anyone from May has been granted an interview time. I applied on 5/25 and am going on 8 weeks.

In a call to the Canada Border Services Agency, I was told 8 weeks is standard now, with some applications taking 10-12 weeks. The woman I spoke to didn't (or wasn't allowed) say why the wait was so long when I asked her. I hope this information is helpful to others sitting in the "no movement" line.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes, of course, hence why I applied for NEXUS. However, had I applied much closer to my GE expiry date, a 10+ week delay in NEXUS approval to get the interview, with many locations being near fully booked for the next 6 months historically, would possibly have meant me not having GE privileges at all for some intervening time period between my GE expiry date and my NEXUS interview date.
Interview date fully booked for the next 6 months historically is not an issue. Search every 5 to 10 minutes or use a plug in/script, you can shorten the wait time to less than 2 weeks in 48 hours, if you are persistent.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Interview date fully booked for the next 6 months historically is not an issue. Search every 5 to 10 minutes or use a plug in/script, you can shorten the wait time to less than 2 weeks in 48 hours, if you are persistent.
Little tougher for me as I don't live remotely close to a center, I have to plan it a little more in advance. I'm not concerned at all yet, just annoyed but relieved I applied well in advance of actually needing it . Hopefully only a couple more weeks to wait.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by simchi
I think it's the same process, but can you afford not to have NEXUS especially if you travel often? If you wait until expiry you could be subject to lengthy delays, and I think your expiry date is still the same (5 years on your birthday).
My passport is expiring next year. My interview is scheduled for this coming up October. Will I need to go through the application process again with the new passport.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
My passport is expiring next year. My interview is scheduled for this coming up October. Will I need to go through the application process again with the new passport.
Update your new passport information at GOES website. Some say updating your new passport information in person is necessary, and some say it is not. You make your own judgement.

Here is a long thread for you to enjoy: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
Entered my PASSID into my GOES acct and no applications appeared. CTSA said they entered it in June, and it should show a pending application.

Called the GOES Helpline, and they said that it'll only show Application Pending when they finish the review. Couldn't tell me if the US hadn't finished reviewing, hadn't started, or if they even received it from Canada. Currently 8 weeks without anything showing in GOES.

Last edited by Kuchingite; Jul 27, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus
10 Weeks and Counting

My wife and I applied for Nexus cards on May 18. She received her pre-approval on June 28 (5 weeks, 6 days after application). As of today I'm still "Pending Review" (10 weeks, 1 day after my application).
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
11 weeks for me today. Still pending review. This is getting pretty depressing.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
I'm just over 6 weeks since applying to add NEXUS (already have GE), so I guess that doesn't speed things along...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by thirtyfour
I'm just over 6 weeks since applying to add NEXUS (already have GE), so I guess that doesn't speed things along...
It doesn't at least appear that way. I'm now at 11 weeks and still pending (and have GE).
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore
It doesn't at least appear that way. I'm now at 11 weeks and still pending (and have GE).
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Finally. I'm still guessing CBSA is the bottleneck given GE processing time is 2-3 weeks on the GE thread.

How do interview slots look?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:29 am

Now the real fun begins; trying to find a close in interview spot.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:02 am

Now the real fun begins; trying to find a close in interview spot.
As far as "close", I live in Austin TX so that isn't happening, lol. But on a plus note, I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few available appointment slots (including locations that perform iris scans) anywhere from the next couple of days to a month out. I've been looking forward to another Canadian vacation to get a respite from the TX heat, so I easily booked something in the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.