Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
They really are working weekends. Received my conditional approval today, letter dated 7/31!
Thanks for the updates. When did you apply?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Either 5/14 or 5/15.

Champlain doesn't have an available time until August the 9th, but is open for at least one spot per day for the rest of August, as well as September and October.
Originally Posted by simchi
Thanks for the updates. When did you apply?

I should mention my card was charged on 5/15. I can't remember the exact date, may have been the 13th, that I applied. But it was no later than the 15th of May.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:52 am

I should mention my card was charged on 5/15. I can't remember the exact date, may have been the 13th, that I applied. But it was no later than the 15th of May.
Confirming that I, like "invalyd", applied on 5/13 and received the conditional on 7/30. Given the evidence of conditional approvals appearing over the weekend, perhaps they're working more or added processors to reduce the logjam of applicants. With any luck, maybe newer applicants won't have to wait quite as long. That's all speculation on my part, but wishing the best for those who have been waiting a longer time than anticipated.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:39 pm

Is it normal that 2 weeks after my interview, my application status on GOES still says "Interview Scheduled"? I was told I'd receive my card within 10 business days after my interview but haven't received anything.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by rems_spam
Is it normal that 2 weeks after my interview, my application status on GOES still says "Interview Scheduled"? I was told I'd receive my card within 10 business days after my interview but haven't received anything.
I hope not. I have my tomorrow and I understood that an email should arrive soon after to indicate the full approval and then the card within 10 days.

So what does the interview consist of. How long does it last and what is asked in the interviewee in addition to the presentation of requested documents. In my case a passport is the bases for the citizenship and I will take a drivers license for the current address. Is that enough? I will be parking at the airport, how long should expect to be there.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I hope not. I have my tomorrow and I understood that an email should arrive soon after to indicate the full approval and then the card within 10 days.

So what does the interview consist of. How long does it last and what is asked in the interviewee in addition to the presentation of requested documents. In my case a passport is the bases for the citizenship and I will take a drivers license for the current address. Is that enough? I will be parking at the airport, how long should expect to be there.
I think I was there for about 50 minutes. They explain the program, take your finger prints and iris scan. The documents I brought were my conditional approval letter, driver's license and passport. They ask why you want nexus, why you travel to the US/Canada, what you do for work, where have you travelled recently and why, have you ever been arrested... Much like what they ask when you cross the border.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by rems_spam
I think I was there for about 50 minutes. They explain the program, take your finger prints and iris scan. The documents I brought were my conditional approval letter, driver's license and passport. They ask why you want nexus, why you travel to the US/Canada, what you do for work, where have you travelled recently and why, have you ever been arrested... Much like what they ask when you cross the border.
OK thanks
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do I have it wrong that citizens don't need to bring proof of current address? I'm a US Citizen, and I listed my current address in the application, but

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexu...tory_Documents

Current place of residence
For permanent residents only: To demonstrate proof of your current place of residence, you must provide a photocopy of one of the following documents:
That indicates to me that only permanent residents need to bring that. I can easily bring a bank statement, but my license does not match at the moment. Just wanting to double check what I actually need to bring or don't need to bring!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:24 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
That's the list of documents you need to send photocopies of if you apply using the paper application instead of GOES.

For the interview, bring the documents listed in your conditional approval letter.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CKDGM
That's the list of documents you need to send photocopies of if you apply using the paper application instead of GOES.

For the interview, bring the documents listed in your conditional approval letter.
Yes, however I used it as a guideline so people could see where I thought some confusion was occurring. It's also basically word for word what is listed in my conditional approval letter. I'll just put a bank statement in with the rest of my paperwork and be done with it either way even if I don't end up needing it .

Last edited by TheBOSman; Aug 1, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:20 am

keep the updates coming

Thank you to everyone who has posted their updates. I applied at the end of May, and I'd like to get the kids interviewed before school starts. I'm starting to think it might just work out! Good luck to everyone, and keep those approvals coming.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Thumbs up It only took 12 weeks!

Originally Posted by SnowDude
I looked on the NEXUS Site at Canada Border Services Agency. It wasn't hard to find.

Even wilder, my wife went yesterday for her appointment and was told they had no record of her appointment. It is possible that when she was making the appointment, she had missed clicking on the last button to confirm. So, now she has an appointment in September!

She asked about my application and was told that they are "still investigating his background." 10 weeks and counting... sigh!
Hallelujah! Conditional approval received today, and I got an appointment for this Thursday!

12 weeks!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:49 am

It seems that earlier in the year the approvals were much quicker. For me it was :

Applied March 25th.
Conditional Approval: April 10th, 2016
Interview (initial availability) : October 11, 2016
Current appointment : August 2, 2016

Was able to get it earlier by checking the site often. Had many opportunities to get the slot much earlier but always 1 and I needed 2 spots for 2 people at the "same time". Finally founded last week.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Didn't get approved yet but I see GOES website have been updated to require a verification that you are not a bot upon login. I'm guessing it is to prevent people from scripting to automatically check for earlier appointments?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Didn't get approved yet but I see GOES website have been updated to require a verification that you are not a bot upon login. I'm guessing it is to prevent people from scripting to automatically check for earlier appointments?
That required check box just started today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.