Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
Anyone tried a physical application?
I mailed mine mid-May, CC charged June 5. At least I got charged in CAD?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Kuchingite
I mailed mine early-May, CC charged May 19th. Haven't heard anything back yet. Going to call next week for a status update under the guise of the upcoming Canada Post lockout/strike. I know it can take three or four weeks from conditional approval just for them to send the letter out though.

As for online vs. paper application wait times, I suppose any difference really depends where the delay in the process is - I believe online applications go to CBP first and then get forwarded to CBSA, while physical applications go to CBSA first and then get forwarded to CBP - so different queues.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kuchingite
I mailed my paper application on April 14, it hit my credit card April 29. I called June 6 after not having received a letter or response. The lady I spoke with said my application had cleared the security check on May 13 and gave me an ID number that I could enter to get into the GOES system and book an appointment. She also said that the letter may not arrive (it did arrive June 16) but that it wasn't a requirement to have it at the interview.

Earliest appointment for YEG was in early October, so I actually planned to go to YVR for a mid-July appointment since I would be there anyways. Luckily an YEG slot for June 30 opened up a few days later so I grabbed it. Had the interview last Thursday and received approval notification via e-mail within 30 minutes after my appointment.

Now wait and see how the Canada Post strike delays getting the card...

My advice would be to call the centre handling your application and see if they can provide you with your online account number.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
Thanks for the responses.
I called and a (lovely) Canadian woman gave me a nine-digit number (I presume the PASSID). Entered it into my profile but it doesn't show any pending applications.
Do I submit another application online? I already created an account prior to mailing, so not sure if that messes it up.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone who apply in May get a conditional approval yet?

Still nothing from my May 15 application, going on 8 weeks. Called the processing center and and spoke with a very friendly but unhelpful woman who said this is the busiest time of the year for applications and asked that I continue checking online for an update.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone who apply in May get a conditional approval yet?

Still nothing from my May 15 application, going on 8 weeks. Called the processing center and and spoke with a very friendly but unhelpful woman who said this is the busiest time of the year for applications and asked that I continue checking online for an update.
Numerous people reported nothing got approved from May.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:49 am

7 weeks and counting here with no updates (5/18 online submission) for myself, wife, and 2 year old.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Another "me too". Applied 5/22 online, wife applied 5/23. Both still pending review.

Last edited by rustykettel; Jul 12, 2016 at 2:00 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:39 pm

Applied 5/25 and still pending

For other people who have applied in May, please post when you get accepted

Thanks

I have no clue why I am so anxious for this
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by badloss2
Applied 5/25 and still pending

For other people who have applied in May, please post when you get accepted

Thanks

I have no clue why I am so anxious for this
Welcome to FT. You just want to get it over with like most of us when we applied.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:06 pm

I applied 5/30, still pending review.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Unhappy Still waiting - Applied May 16

Patience is a virtue. I called the Quebec, Atlantic Provinces processing center. They are still talking about 8 weeks online and 12 weeks paper application. They won't answer questions about applications and all you get is a very long message in French, followed by an English message.

I am now 9 weeks. My wife applied on May 18, got conditional approval a week later and goes for her appointment on Monday.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I applied May 15th (double checked my records for specific date) and still waiting, I'm over 8 weeks at this point as well.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by SnowDude
Patience is a virtue. I called the Quebec, Atlantic Provinces processing center. They are still talking about 8 weeks online and 12 weeks paper application. They won't answer questions about applications and all you get is a very long message in French, followed by an English message.

I am now 9 weeks. My wife applied on May 18, got conditional approval a week later and goes for her appointment on Monday.
That's wild about your wife's app. So random. How did you know what processing center to call?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SnowDude

I left a message and received a prompt call back. As it had only been 8 weeks when I called, I was told this is the norm and to keep waiting. I plan on calling back next week, which would be 10 weeks since my application date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.