Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Jason?

Originally Posted by Varitek
I applied for my wife and two kids. I was expecting at least another two weeks, but I'm not complaining.

Applied: October 23
Conditionally approved: November 19

Now comes the fun part of getting the family appointment scheduled.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by fossilfan55
Applied: September 28th
Conditional Approval: November 11th
Interview: January 16th (Pearson)

I plan to keep checking for an earlier date.
Originally Posted by visavis4
Just wanted to add my case to the stats...

New Application: September 30th
Conditional Approval: November 12th
Interview Scheduled: November 14th (Detroit)
Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
New Application: October 1
Conditional Approval: November 13

Still deciding on when/where to go for the interview, but pleasantly surprised at the lower processing time than expected!
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by LukeyD
My NEXUS approval took around 7 weeks...

Applied: Sept 20
Approved: Nov 9
Interview Booked: Nov 15

First appointment at Toronto isn't until Jan next year, so making the trek down to the border for a weekend appointment.

LukeyD

Programs: AC /AA

Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Approved today at YVR, interview with both sides took roughly 20mins.

29 days from start to finish.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:19 am

Applied October 31
Conditionally Approved November 25
Appointment Scheduled in Detroit for December 3

Surprisingly quick, I thought!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by JayDubs
Applied October 31
Conditionally Approved November 25
Appointment Scheduled in Detroit for December 3

Surprisingly quick, I thought!
Congrats and welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL, BA
Applied: Nov 1
Approved: Nov 25
Interview Booked: deciding between dec 23 and 26 at the Detroit center (due to my travel plans, can't make it through most of December and the earliest appt is currently 12/8).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:24 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for this thread!
Just wanted to share my timeline - I applied via mail in early October, saw that my credit card was charged on October 6th, had not heard anything back. Called the Western Canada Nexus number (1-866-496-3987, available on the website), and was able to speak to someone who told me that the conditional approval letters are mailed from the States and that lately, a lot of people hadn't been receiving them. So he was able to check my application and lo and behold, I was conditionally approved on November 13th. He gave me my info so I could registered on GOES, and the next available appointment in Edmonton is April 1! Ridiculous. I will keep checking back or seeing if I can coordinate my appointment at a different airport while travelling over the holidays.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:00 pm

Update: found a Dec. 14 morning appt at Edmonton. There were a few afternoon ones too but they got immediately snapped up, so fast that my husband, who thought he had one, was bumped to April 1 once he clicked ok.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Another data point. I finally decided to get some sort of expedited entry permit.

I figure Nexus is the best option since I go to Canada regularly.

Application: 2015/11/20
Conditional Approval: Today! 2015/12/08

Interview Scheduled: 2016/01/07 at Champlain, NY.

A lot of empty slots at Champlain. I could have picked any day between now and Jan. 7th.

Last edited by muishkin; Dec 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:42 pm
for

Originally Posted by impulsively
Hi everyone, thanks for this thread!
Just wanted to share my timeline - I applied via mail in early October, saw that my credit card was charged on October 6th, had not heard anything back. Called the Western Canada Nexus number (1-866-496-3987, available on the website), and was able to speak to someone who told me that the conditional approval letters are mailed from the States and that lately, a lot of people hadn't been receiving them. So he was able to check my application and lo and behold, I was conditionally approved on November 13th. He gave me my info so I could registered on GOES, and the next available appointment in Edmonton is April 1! Ridiculous. I will keep checking back or seeing if I can coordinate my appointment at a different airport while travelling over the holidays.
Thanks for sharing, @impulsively! I also applied via mail in October and hadn't heard anything yet... called Nexus after seeing your post and, like you, I'd been conditionally approved in November even though I didn't receive a letter. I'm also in Edmonton, and April 7 was the next available appointment, but after checking back a few times was able to get one for December 11!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:28 am

New Application: October 1
Conditional Approval: November 13

Still deciding on when/where to go for the interview, but pleasantly surprised at the lower processing time than expected!
Update -

Interviewed at Buffalo/Ft. Erie on December 12. Started on the CBSA side with a form acknowledging my initial enrollment and a brief list of rules/policies for traveling into the US. Signed that and waited about 2 minutes, then was called back for the interview.

First question was why I wanted into the program. Followed up with do I ever travel to Canada for work. After that the entire time with the CBSA officer was going over the rules when coming into Canada and asking if I had any questions. Back to waiting a couple of minutes before being called to the room for fingerprints and iris scan. The two officers there went over the details on my application, captured the biometric data, then gave me a pouch to take to the CBP side.

Drop off the pouch, sat down for about 5 minutes, then called back by a CBP officer. Asked once again why I wanted to join, then asked if I had ever been arrested, then gave a brief reminder of what was on the first form I signed and finally if I had any questions. Told me that the card should get to me in 7-10 business days and to activate it once I got it, and reiterated that if any of my information changes to make sure that it gets updated. Both the CBSA and CBP officers were friendly during the entire process, and I had my approval notification and status change email before I made it to the parking lot.

Flight home was the following day and Delta's website stated that I would have to talk to an agent at the airport to update my Secure Flight info. Unfortunately, the agent wasn't able to get the system to take my KTN. After I got home and went to update my profile, I noticed that she had entered my KTN in both the proper field as well as the Redress field, so I wonder if this is why it didn't work. Guess I'll find out on my next flight.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Update -

Interviewed at Buffalo/Ft. Erie on December 12. Started on the CBSA side with a form acknowledging my initial enrollment and a brief list of rules/policies for traveling into the US. Signed that and waited about 2 minutes, then was called back for the interview.

First question was why I wanted into the program. Followed up with do I ever travel to Canada for work. After that the entire time with the CBSA officer was going over the rules when coming into Canada and asking if I had any questions. Back to waiting a couple of minutes before being called to the room for fingerprints and iris scan. The two officers there went over the details on my application, captured the biometric data, then gave me a pouch to take to the CBP side.

Drop off the pouch, sat down for about 5 minutes, then called back by a CBP officer. Asked once again why I wanted to join, then asked if I had ever been arrested, then gave a brief reminder of what was on the first form I signed and finally if I had any questions. Told me that the card should get to me in 7-10 business days and to activate it once I got it, and reiterated that if any of my information changes to make sure that it gets updated. Both the CBSA and CBP officers were friendly during the entire process, and I had my approval notification and status change email before I made it to the parking lot.

Flight home was the following day and Delta's website stated that I would have to talk to an agent at the airport to update my Secure Flight info. Unfortunately, the agent wasn't able to get the system to take my KTN. After I got home and went to update my profile, I noticed that she had entered my KTN in both the proper field as well as the Redress field, so I wonder if this is why it didn't work. Guess I'll find out on my next flight.
Take it out of the redress field and make sure the name in Secure Flight matches EXACTLY to your name in GOES.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by dustman81
Take it out of the redress field and make sure the name in Secure Flight matches EXACTLY to your name in GOES.
Yeah I quintuple checked everything and that redress field looks to have been the only discrepancy. Thinking about it though, does your KTN get printed on the BP? If so I'll check if I still have my BP at home and if it was on there. She may have added to my profile and not to the reservation itself, which would also explain it.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Yeah I quintuple checked everything and that redress field looks to have been the only discrepancy. Thinking about it though, does your KTN get printed on the BP? If so I'll check if I still have my BP at home and if it was on there. She may have added to my profile and not to the reservation itself, which would also explain it.
Nope. The only thing that gets printed is "TSA Precheck".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.