Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by mrscohn
Hey everyone,

Has anyone applied late August or early September? I'm trying to see how long it would take us. We have an upcoming trip in November and are hoping to get the pass by then.
I applied August 25, so 6 weeks exactly, and still waiting for "Pending Review" to move to the next step. I'm from Canada FWIW. Unless I get approval in the next 2 weeks and an almost immediate interview appointment date, then a 2 week wait for the card to arrive, I would say completing the process by November, at least up to mid-month, would be a real stretch now. I personally am not traveling south until January,so I should be good by then.

Can someone who has been through the process confirm that they do send an email when the "Pending Review" process is complete, or is checking the web site the more timely method of tracking progress?

Cheers!

Last edited by ATCtechie; Oct 7, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by ATCtechie
I applied August 25, so 6 weeks exactly, and still waiting for "Pending Review" to move to the next step. I'm from Canada FWIW. Unless I get approval in the next 2 weeks and an almost immediate interview appointment date, then a 2 week wait for the card to arrive, I would say completing the process by November, at least up to mid-month, would be a real stretch now. I personally am not traveling south until January,so I should be good by then.

Can someone who has been through the process confirm that they do send an email when the "Pending Review" process is complete, or is checking the web site the more timely method of tracking progress?

Cheers!
They send an e-mail. No need to keep checking the site.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:18 pm

Thanks for confirming that the email is sent!

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:11 am

I also applied Aug 25. Waiting to move off Pending Review too. Don't think anything will get finished before my October 25th trip to Asia. I really wanted it for airport TSA lines and Global Entry use . Next time.

I applied August 25, so 6 weeks exactly, and still waiting for "Pending Review" to move to the next step.

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:52 am

Cheers!
Thanks for letting me know your status. Guess I won't get my hopes up to have it done by my trip either.

Hope you get an update soon!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by mrscohn
Hey everyone,

Has anyone applied late August or early September? I'm trying to see how long it would take us. We have an upcoming trip in November and are hoping to get the pass by then.
Applied August 27th (US Citizen) and I'm still "Pending Review". I'm also at the 6 week point.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:52 am

Applied on 9/26
Conditionally approved on 10/7
Interview at SFO and final approval on 10/8
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:49 pm

Hi Guys I'm a Canadian living in Canada. I applied and received conditional approval. Then went to the interview on September 17th 2015 in Fort Erie. At the end of the interview a CBP officer said I should receive the card in about a week. It's now been 3 full weeks and when I check GOES it still says "Interview Scheduled" and has not updated to "accepted" yet. Needless to say I've yet to receive my card.

Today I just called the Canadian office where I went for my interview and they did not even want to check my application ID in the computer. When I mentioned how GOES has not updated past "Interview Scheduled" they said I should not even be logging into GOES as I could be screwing up my application. They just kept insisting it was the Americans fault. When I asked for the American's phone number she said I can't call them and gave me an email address instead.

Our workplace is paying for the employees to get Nexus cards and a colleague who did his interview the day before me got his card weeks ago. So I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this kind of problem before and knows what's going on.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:44 pm

With your interview September 17th may I ask when you applied and then received preliminary approval prior to that date? There are certainly some inconsistencies in the overall processing timeline from what folks are posting here to be certain. Am I guessing that an interview date in Fort Erie was much easier to book than at Toronto, or was that a choice made on distance?

I think I unknowingly did myself a favor in allowing a solid 4 months from initial application to my first planned trip to the U.S.

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:25 pm

I applied on August 21st which was a Sat so I would say I applied on August 24th since that was a Mon and just received my conditional approval email this morning. I was able to find slots for tomorrow in Detroit.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tiroler
Applied on 9/26
That's amazing. I won't lie; I'm a little jealous haha 😊
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Tiroler
Applied on 9/26
I think this belongs in the Global Entry thread and not Nexus.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:34 pm

I'm finally off Top Dead Center on this. I applied on Aug 25 and got my notification to schedule an appointment today (Oct 12). There were appointments available in Blaine, WA for tomorrow. Too bad I'm in Oregon for the week. Saturday was completely full so I booked an appointment for Sunday. Timing works because I head for Asia on the 25th.

From what I understand I will get a provisional approval and a "Trusted Traveler" number at that appointment which will let me use the TSA Precheck and Global Entry coming home. Is that correct?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:19 am

My approval just showed up in the last hour and I managed to grab an appointment this Sunday at Toronto YYZ, so 7 weeks to the day from applying to today.

Last edited by ATCtechie; Oct 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:18 pm

Turns out at the end of my interview they forgot to click "approved" to have my file sent off for printing. Literally within an hour of contacting them I received my approval and hopefully this week should receive my card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.