Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by timothytimnz
Did you get an answer to this?

I submitted my application 13/1 but am not sure whether to expect an email or a response in the post.

Also if there are any others out there with semi-recent paper applications that haven't shared them in the timeline that would be most helpful.
Dude. Be patient. You post too much. Just let it happen.

timothytimnz

Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:42 pm

Applied on Feb 2nd (towards end of day) and received the email to book an appointment on Feb 10th. I was expecting a lot more delay but was quite shocked to see the quick turnaround.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat., AC Alt. E50+, AP DD; BA Gold, OW Emerald
Timeline for my wife and I:

applied on: February 7
received conditional approval: February 12
interview schedule for YHZ on April 28

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:48 pm

Paper Application
Mailed: 13/1
Conditionally Approved: 12/2 (according to agent on phone - they said there were some issues mailing the approvals).
Approved in person: 18/2
Card Arrival: pending.

All in all pretty quick. If you have a pending paper application seems to be worth calling around the one month mark at least during the winter months.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:32 pm

Paper Application
Mailed: 13/1
Conditionally Approved: 12/2 (according to agent on phone - they said there were some issues mailing the approvals).
Approved in person: 18/2
Card Arrival: pending.

All in all pretty quick. If you have a pending paper application seems to be worth calling around the one month mark at least during the winter months.
What did the agent say specifically about mailing out approvals?

Is 12/2 when you received back a paper response?

I mailed mine in about a month + a few days and still haven't heard back.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by nator
What did the agent say specifically about mailing out approvals?

Is 12/2 when you received back a paper response?

I mailed mine in about a month + a few days and still haven't heard back.
Sorry the phone agent said it was approved on 12/2. I only discovered this by calling.

I have not received any mail from them yet.

She gave me the PASSID and encouraged me to use it to book an appointment via GOES. I would certainly call tomorrow, good chance you are approved.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:12 pm

Sorry the phone agent said it was approved on 12/2. I only discovered this by calling.

I have not received any mail from them yet.

She gave me the PASSID and encouraged me to use it to book an appointment via GOES. I would certainly call tomorrow, good chance you are approved.
Thanks for the tip. I called today and it was indeed conditionally approved. Just a question, on what to bring to the interview after scheduling an interview, it says "Copy of Conditional Approval Notification". Where can I find this? It is necessary? Reason I ask is that if a spot opens up in the next few weeks I will want to take it. I just want to be prepared for the interview.

Applied Jan 22.

Conditionally Approved Feb 23 less a few days.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by nator
Thanks for the tip. I called today and it was indeed conditionally approved. Just a question, on what to bring to the interview after scheduling an interview, it says "Copy of Conditional Approval Notification". Where can I find this? It is necessary? Reason I ask is that if a spot opens up in the next few weeks I will want to take it. I just want to be prepared for the interview.

Applied Jan 22.

Conditionally Approved Feb 23 less a few days.
I didn't wait to bring the letter, but you are right it does say to bring it. I just risked it and it didn't seem to be an issue. They asked for it and I explained there was a delay in sending them out and that I encouraged to make my appointment with the PassID.

I can't imagine everyone who completes it online remembers to print off the message in your GOES account even though you are instructed to.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I had my interview yesterday at YYZ (Feb 27). My wife also had an interview at the same time. She received an email confirming approval immediately. I am still waiting and my status is unchanged.

Is this normal? Should I call or just be patient?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by seegs
I had my interview yesterday at YYZ (Feb 27). My wife also had an interview at the same time. She received an email confirming approval immediately. I am still waiting and my status is unchanged.

Is this normal? Should I call or just be patient?
Call and ask and it should change to approve later in the day. A few people have been reporting that there has been delays in the approval but calling seems to clear it up - your card won't be sent until it changes over.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat., AC Alt. E50+, AP DD; BA Gold, OW Emerald
timeline update; how long for cards?

Originally Posted by pkdi
Timeline for my wife and I:

applied on: February 7
received conditional approval: February 12
interview schedule for YHZ on April 28

Thanks

Updated Timeline:

Interviews moved up to March 10 and March 19 by watching for cancellations.

How long after the interview will the card be mailed? We are travelling at the end of March and were hoping to have the cards for that trip.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by pkdi
Updated Timeline:

Interviews moved up to March 10 and March 19 by watching for cancellations.

How long after the interview will the card be mailed? We are travelling at the end of March and were hoping to have the cards for that trip.
Cards are normally received within 7 days of full approval.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Applied on: February 28th
Received Conditional Approval: March 8th
Interview Scheduled for Lansdowne, ON 4/1

Could have scheduled earlier but this is the first date that works for both if us.

About the same drive to get to 3-4 different locations. A couple of them are listed as having Sat and/or Sun appointments but none of them seem to have any availability.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Applied on: February 28th
Received Conditional Approval: March 8th
Interview Scheduled for Lansdowne, ON 4/1

Could have scheduled earlier but this is the first date that works for both if us.

About the same drive to get to 3-4 different locations. A couple of them are listed as having Sat and/or Sun appointments but none of them seem to have any availability.
Did you apply online or via paper application?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by capnamerica
Did you apply online or via paper application?
Applied online. Why would anyone use a paper application?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.