Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rirruto
How long has the wait been lately from online application submission to pending approval and ability to set an appointment? My family and I are going on 3 calendar weeks today (submitted 5/18). Was hoping to be able to set appointments for when we drive to Toronto in late July but not sure if that's possible at this point.
I already have Global Entry (GE), and initiated application to add Nexus on May 13th. My application is still showing "Pending Review". I'd hoped it would've been processed ahead of a recent trip to Canada -- just returned -- thinking that already having GE would make the process go quickly and that I'd be able to get my iris scan done on my recent trip (sigh). Hope it'll get processed this summer before my next trip north of the border.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like no one who applied since mid May has been approved yet?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by invalyd
My wife was conditionally approved in three weeks (May 18 to June 6), but I applied before her and am still waiting.

Last edited by SnowDude; Jun 15, 2016 at 4:26 pm
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I have two elementary school age kids who are GE members and applied for NEXUS 3 weeks ago. Still pending. Not sure what type of background check they could possibly be performing.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:40 am

Going on 4+ weeks (applied 5/18) with no updates for my family's 3 applications.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:01 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Rirruto
Going on 4+ weeks (applied 5/18) with no updates for my family's 3 applications.
Same here. Applied MAY 23 and have been GE member for more than a year. Still no update.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Same here. Applied MAY 23 and have been GE member for more than a year. Still no update.
Applied May 13 here, no updated yet.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Member

Still no update from May NEXUS applications. Perhaps CBSA went on vacation.

The GE process time thread indicates people being approved in a timely manner.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Add me to the list of mid-May applicants still waiting at "Pending Review" for NEXUS.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:59 pm

May app, no approval

Applied in May for my family of 5, and still says "pending review". Kids leave on trip July 25 and had high hopes since my local border crossings don't have a wait for interviews. I didn't expect this long of a wait for the initial review.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by seawolf
Still no update from May NEXUS applications. Perhaps CBSA went on vacation.

The GE process time thread indicates people being approved in a timely manner.
Timely processing now for GE? The processing time doubled or tripled during about the last month, as apparently they got lots of applications in response to the long lines for TSA security.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Timely processing now for GE? The processing time doubled or tripled during about the last month, as apparently they got lots of applications in response to the long lines for TSA security.
My girlfriend applied for GE 2 weeks after I applied for Nexus. She got approval in a week, interview scheduled within a few days and already has her GE card in hand.
Meanwhile, I'm still pending review.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Last couple of entries in GE processing thread is about 3 weeks which is about the processing time 5 years ago. Not sure what the typical time is/was last couple of monthsyears.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sbeets
Applied in May for my family of 5, and still says "pending review". Kids leave on trip July 25 and had high hopes since my local border crossings don't have a wait for interviews. I didn't expect this long of a wait for the initial review.
Welcome to FT. My stats for NEXUS

11 Jan 2016 Applied online
25 Jan 2016 Received conditional approval
6 Feb 2016 Interviewed at 1611 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. after numerous searches. Initial appointment was 4 months out
12 Feb 2016 Received NEXUS card

With recent huge wave of new applications, it has been taking longer than my 2 weeks for conditional approval. I do have valid Global Entry which may or may not make a difference.

As long as you receive your conditional approval before 25 July, you can schedule your appointments ASAP. There is a short wait to receive your physical NEXUS card after you receive your final approval. Good luck and let us know your final result.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
My girlfriend applied for GE 2 weeks after I applied for Nexus. She got approval in a week, interview scheduled within a few days and already has her GE card in hand.
Meanwhile, I'm still pending review.
I am having the same frustration. I applied for NEXUS on May 16 and my wife on May 18. She was conditionally approved a week later and has her appointment.

I just called the CBSA line and the recorded message indicates the average processing time for NEXUS is eight (8) weeks!

Last edited by SnowDude; Jun 23, 2016 at 9:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.