Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Checked constantly for cancellations and got a YVR appointment this weekend, which would give me 10 business days to get the card before labour day
9 business days later, still no sign of baby's nexus card. Not looking forward to lining up in the regular lane... might need to cancel if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:37 pm

9 business days later, still no sign of baby's nexus card. Not looking forward to lining up in the regular lane... might need to cancel if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow!
Ten business days later, no nexus card for baby. Looks like we need to cancel our trip.

1 extra business day is the difference between all or nothing. It's frustrating.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:29 pm

My conditional approval just came in. It took four weeks from the date of application. Apparently my dual citizenship did not hold things up.

I've just applied for my two minor children. I can't see a way to apply online without creating a new account for each of them in the GOES system so I am just sending in the printed applications.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by kilarney
My conditional approval just came in. It took four weeks from the date of application. Apparently my dual citizenship did not hold things up.

I've just applied for my two minor children. I can't see a way to apply online without creating a new account for each of them in the GOES system so I am just sending in the printed applications.
Each applicant needs to have their own account in GOES. Child could be 1 day old but still needs his/her own login.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:40 pm

Ten business days later, no nexus card for baby. Looks like we need to cancel our trip.

1 extra business day is the difference between all or nothing. It's frustrating.
Baby's nexus card arrived twelve business days after interview date.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:04 pm

Baby's nexus card arrived twelve business days after interview date.
Just curious, but why would you have cancelled your trip over lack of Nexus? Are there really that many people going to Costco in Bellingham that the lineups are insane?

On topic - Applied for our infant July 10, received conditional approval Aug 20, interview YYC Sept 3. Will post when card arrives.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:53 pm

Baby eats every two hours, didn't want to risk spending two hours in line each direction on a long weekend. Before the cad tanked, I drove past a two exit lineup one long weekend. Going to and from Portland, that's a lot of extra time.

From what I heard, lineups were under an hour this labour day so it didn't end up that bad, but we had cancellation deadlines so made an executive decision
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Americanadian
I applied 7/15, got conditional approval 8/28, interview on 8/30 at PE Trudeau Montreal
Received my card today on 9/11. Very excited to start using it.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:54 pm

Application Date: 30-Jun-2015
Conditional Approval Date: 10-Aug-2015
Scheduled Interview: 29-Aug-2015
Interview Location: Toronto Airport (YYZ)
Card Received: 11-Sep-2015
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:49 pm

Baby eats every two hours, didn't want to risk spending two hours in line each direction on a long weekend. Before the cad tanked, I drove past a two exit lineup one long weekend. Going to and from Portland, that's a lot of extra time.

From what I heard, lineups were under an hour this labour day so it didn't end up that bad, but we had cancellation deadlines so made an executive decision
that makes sense, especially with an infant.

Our card was received today, 5 business days after the interview.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
My Timelime

US Citizen

Application Date: 10-Jul-2015
Conditional Approval Date: 20-Aug-2015
Scheduled Interview: 06-Sep-2015
Interview Location: Fort Erie (Buffalo)
Card Received: 14-Sep-2015

I took the first interview on a Sunday Morning in Fort Erie and it was great. Officers were nice, informative and fast! Appt was at 8:15 AM and I was back in my car at 8:31 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by dustman81
No. You need to be approved before you can get your iris scan.

I just went to Seattle for the interview yesterday. Asked this question of the Canadian interviewer. ("Can we enroll Iris scan prior to actually receiving and activating the NEXUS card"). He informed me that YES we could go to any Iris scanning location, show them ID (Passport, DL, etc.) and the number on the Interview Letter we got and they'd link them up.

I didn't wind up going to Vancouver to do both interview and Iris (as I had initially planned) due to a Seattle appointment opening up earlier as well as basing on the advice above, but it sounds like I could have.

FYI.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:53 pm

I was a first time applicant and below is the timeline.

Application Submitted: August 8, 2015
Conditional Approval: September 17, 2015
Interview : September 19, 2015
Received Card: September 29, 2015

When I initially booked my interview the first available date was in mid November. I then logged onto the system a few hours later and got the appointment two days later. I think you should logon and see if you can get a earlier date as people do cancel! However I would advise not to change that often as you have to give a reason for rescheduling.

The interview went well both Canadian and American Officers were friendly and were asking me about the latest smartphones after I told them I was in the IT field. The finger prints were fine however I had to do the iris scan twice, the agents told me that the scanner is not that great and most of the time they can't get a good image. However I my case they were able to obtain clear scans.

Last edited by zsrh2002; Sep 29, 2015 at 1:10 pm Reason: added infromation
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:12 pm

I've been scanning this thread and it seems rare to take more than 6 weeks to be stuck at "Pending Review". My husband applied July 11th, so he's at a good solid 12 weeks now.

He has an extensive travel history with some Middle Eastern countries on the list, which is what I guess is holding it up? 12 weeks just seems ridiculous. Anyone have any similar experience?

EDIT: NM, found the number to call in about it. Will update if anything interesting.

EDIT: Didn't end up getting around to calling. But received conditional approval (finally).

Application Submitted: July 11, 2015
Conditional Approval: October 23, 2015
15 weeks!

Interview will be sometime in the next month in Vancouver.

Last edited by SnugglyWalrus; Oct 23, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:47 am

Hey everyone,

Has anyone applied late August or early September? I'm trying to see how long it would take us. We have an upcoming trip in November and are hoping to get the pass by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.