Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by daedalus69
I am a Canadian permanent resident living in Vancouver. I applied for NEXUS online 23-July-2014 for my wife, the familiy of children any myself. It was 'pending review' until 22-Sept-2014 (2 months) when all the conditional approvals were received at the same time.

Then comes the problem of arranging for the interview appointments. Next available were two months later at the Blaine border crossing, especially since I need to book for everyone going together. But the alternatives (Vancouver downtown, the YVR airport and even Seattle) were showing dates into January 2015!

But over the last few days, after constantly checking in, the occasional cancellation occurs. I managed to reschedule mine only to 7-Oct. So, it is easier to find cancelled appointments if you are a single applicant.

I'm in the same boat! My kids just got approval today (we all applied on Aug 14) and still waiting for myself and husband. Earliest appointment for YYC (best for us as we live in Medicine Hat) is in March! As I was checking, one opened up in November, but only one slot, of course. We also have the added complication of having to travel 3 hours to our interview. Have you had any luck moving the whole family to a better time? We were so hoping to have this done by our trip at Christmas!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: as,ac,ua,spg
Originally Posted by yipee
I'm in the same boat! My kids just got approval today (we all applied on Aug 14) and still waiting for myself and husband. Earliest appointment for YYC (best for us as we live in Medicine Hat) is in March! As I was checking, one opened up in November, but only one slot, of course. We also have the added complication of having to travel 3 hours to our interview. Have you had any luck moving the whole family to a better time? We were so hoping to have this done by our trip at Christmas!
Just an idea , if you're in Medicine Hat you might as well go to Sweetgrass for your interview. Easy to get in but their days during the week are limited. Have a long weekend in Great Falls.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I am a Canadian permanent resident, but not citizen. I have Norwegian citizenship. I wonder if I am eligible to apply for NEXUS? Or Canadian/American citizenship is a criteria?

Thanks in advance,

Marjan
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by marjan81
Hi all,

I am a Canadian permanent resident, but not citizen. I have Norwegian citizenship. I wonder if I am eligible to apply for NEXUS? Or Canadian/American citizenship is a criteria?

Thanks in advance,

Marjan
Canadian permanent residents can apply.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage /Miles&Smiles
Question

I applied for GE, and received "Conditional approval" 3 days later. I had the interview that same week at ORD and I received my card within 5 days. The whole process took about 10 days or less. At the time when I applied for GE, I thought Nexus was the same as GE but for Canadians only. However, on my interview the officer at ORD told me US Citizens can obtain Nexus as well and receive all GE benefits plus the Canadian version of "TSA Pre". Since I travel to Canada at least 2-3 times a year, or sometimes just connect flights in Toronto, I applied for the Nexus as well. I wish I had known that Nexus includes GE and it was $50 only vs $100 for GE. Long story short, I applied for Nexus on Sept. 19 online and my application is still showing "Pending Review" I don't understand why Nexus is taking so long ?! It has been over a month....
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:18 am

Standard wait time is 8 to 12 weeks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by TurkORD
I applied for GE, and received "Conditional approval" 3 days later. I had the interview that same week at ORD and I received my card within 5 days. The whole process took about 10 days or less. At the time when I applied for GE, I thought Nexus was the same as GE but for Canadians only. However, on my interview the officer at ORD told me US Citizens can obtain Nexus as well and receive all GE benefits plus the Canadian version of "TSA Pre". Since I travel to Canada at least 2-3 times a year, or sometimes just connect flights in Toronto, I applied for the Nexus as well. I wish I had known that Nexus includes GE and it was $50 only vs $100 for GE. Long story short, I applied for Nexus on Sept. 19 online and my application is still showing "Pending Review" I don't understand why Nexus is taking so long ?! It has been over a month....
I applied on Aug. 22, 2014 and was approved from my interview on Oct. 22, 2014.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:27 am

I applied on Aug 22, 2014 for myself and my two daughters. My youngest (18 months) got conditional approval today (Oct 23). My other daughter and I are still waiting.

There were appointments available at Niagara Falls tomorrow and Saturday.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:43 pm

Aug 12 - Applied
Oct 9 - (~8 Weeks) Conditionally Approved. Appointment in Detroit set for Oct 18th. Checked daily and changed appointment for Oct 17th.
Oct 17 - Interview, Fully Approved. Told 1 to 3 weeks to get card.
Oct 24 - (1 Week) Card Received.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:15 pm

My husband and I applied Aug 23 and received conditional acceptance on Oct 24, with earliest available interviews on Feb 13 2015 @ YEG
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Application for family submitted 8th Aug
Conditional approval for all 10th Oct
Interviews YUL 25th Oct

Waiting for cards
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: AC QR WS*P
I got a response after about three months (via email).
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:06 pm

Can any one tell me what do you have to show for Nexus interview? What kind of question they ask and can both me , wife and baby do this?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Can any one tell me what do you have to show for Nexus interview? What kind of question they ask and can both me , wife and baby do this?
Approval letter, proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, ect.) and proof of residency (driver's license).

They may ask you why you want NEXUS, what do you do, things like that. Unless something comes back on the fingerprint check, you should be golden.

If all three of you are approved, call the interview center and ask if all three of you can be interviewed at the same time.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:29 am

I applied September 3rd and got conditionally approved November 3rd. First appointment in Seattle is 4/22. First one in Blaine is 1/8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.