Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Applied May 11, checked for updates a few times a week until today (July 30) about 2.5 months later, where it still showed "pending review" and I was slowly losing it.

Checked FT (again) for advice, and called the Canadian Nexus processing center as suggested because anything beyond 1 to 1.5 months seems excessive based on reports. Lady said she would resend it to the verification department in case my application was forgotten, and advised to call back tomorrow as she agreed it was taking longer than usual. Checked GOES website about half an hour after the call (you never know!) which showed conditionally approved! Better yet, I was able to secure an interview tomorrow in YUL.

Just wanted to thank FT! Who knows how long I would have waited uselessly otherwise...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:07 pm

Canadian Nexus processing center confirms that applications processed in Montreal are waaaaay behind, and not to worry.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mapelle621
Applied May 11, checked for updates a few times a week until today (July 30) about 2.5 months later, where it still showed "pending review" and I was slowly losing it.

Checked FT (again) for advice, and called the Canadian Nexus processing center as suggested because anything beyond 1 to 1.5 months seems excessive based on reports. Lady said she would resend it to the verification department in case my application was forgotten, and advised to call back tomorrow as she agreed it was taking longer than usual. Checked GOES website about half an hour after the call (you never know!) which showed conditionally approved! Better yet, I was able to secure an interview tomorrow in YUL.

Just wanted to thank FT! Who knows how long I would have waited uselessly otherwise...
Congratulations did you receive any email notifying you there is a change in GOES?

Originally Posted by okazon69
Canadian Nexus processing center confirms that applications processed in Montreal are waaaaay behind, and not to worry.
Can I ask you where you get this info from? Thank you
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:39 pm

I applied June 6th for my husband, 2 kids and myself. Just got conditional approval today (July 31st) and have the interviews booked for Aug 15th (earliest appt time available was Aug 13th) for all 4 of us at the Blaine, WA office. Other locations in Vancouver didn't have availability until November and Seattle was late January.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:14 pm

Had my interview at YYZ yesterday. went very smoothly; I was literally in and out in less than ten minutes! My parking was only $5 ha!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
8-12 weeks now

I am a Global Entry Member that decided to get Nexus as well. I applied on 6/23 and have yet to receive any notification.

Called the processing center, and was told processing times are now at 8-12 weeks.

Ugh.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by natechuckbass
Can I ask you where you get this info from? Thank you
See the other posts. You can call in to talk to someone.

Originally Posted by okazon69
I asked at the NEXUS office at YUL this morning, and they mentioned that it could take up to four months (!).
The confirmation came yesterday! It has been over 3 1/2 months. Wow.

On the other hand, there are tons of available interview spots at both YUL and Champlain NY in the next week or two.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:23 pm

Applied on July 1st and still pending review ...
Should take around 6 weeks right ?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan, UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles
Like SeattleCP said, processing times are currently at 8-12 weeks, unfortunately.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:50 pm

Approved today

Originally Posted by sharon0791
I applied June 6th for my husband, 2 kids and myself. Just got conditional approval today (July 31st) and have the interviews booked for Aug 15th (earliest appt time available was Aug 13th) for all 4 of us at the Blaine, WA office. Other locations in Vancouver didn't have availability until November and Seattle was late January.
Had our interviews this morning. Arrived about 1/2 hour early and they took us right away. Interviewed all 4 of us together. The whole process took about 45 minutes including waiting. The questions were just to verify our information on our applications forms. My 16 year old son didn't bring his driver's license but fortunately it wasn't an issue. Remember to bring every possible piece of ID as they may ask for it. We then went to the Canada Customs office on the other side of the border and had our iris scans done and now we wait. Had to laugh the US Customs officer was so serious and the Canadian one was happy and chatty Looking forward to getting our cards in the mail soon!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Applied 6/23. Approval today. First available appointments in Seattle early February. First available in Blaine, mid-October, Vancouver early December.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mehdron
Applied 6/23. Approval today. First available appointments in Seattle early February. First available in Blaine, mid-October, Vancouver early December.
As of right now...

Blaine Enrollment Center
Date:2014-08-24, Start Time:1215, End Time:1230

Vancouver Urban Enrollment Center
Date:2014-08-25, Start Time:1200, End Time: 1215

It definitely helps to keep checking!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mehdron
Matches with what they're saying. I called today and was told processing times were currently 8-12 weeks.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:10 pm

It seems like Canada is slowing the whole process down..... I was told I have passed risk assessment at US side and were waiting for Canadian side 10 days ago....
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Smile

Update: I got conditional approval on 8/19. I got an appt at YEG on 11/9. I flew into YEG on 8/21 and decided to take a chance and walk into the NEXUS office. I politely asked if there was any last minute cancellations and could do my interview. There was, and they did. Now just waiting for my card in the mail...

The travel gods were looking after me that day.

Originally Posted by SeattleCP
I am a Global Entry Member that decided to get Nexus as well. I applied on 6/23 and have yet to receive any notification.

Called the processing center, and was told processing times are now at 8-12 weeks.

Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.