Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:39 am

Got my conditional approval last week for a mid-May paper application, was planning on driving to Fort Erie for my interview but somehow managed to get an appointment for next Sunday at Pearson.

Earliest full-day availability for Pearson is about one month from now, September 13th or so.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, IHG, Marriott, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
Success.

Originally Posted by SnowDude
Hallelujah! Conditional approval received today, and I got an appointment for this Thursday!

12 weeks!
That was August 4 and I completed my interview in 15 minutes, received my Approval Notification before I got home.

Now I'm just waiting for my card.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:38 pm

Thanks to all for your updates, very interesting that May applications still represent the majority of this week's approvals.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Applied: June 4th, 2016
Conditional Approval: August 11th, 2016
Interview: August 27th, 2016 (Interview - Detroit, Iris Scan - next time I fly through YYC for work)
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:47 am

Applied May 31 and still waiting...

Applied online on 31 May with 2 first time applications. We're both Canadian citizens living in Europe so we used our parents address for the online application on advice from CPB Info Centre (via GOES Support). Since it's been over 10 weeks now I called the Canadian Processing Centre for BC (866-496-3987 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT), and they said it's a MINIMUM of 12 weeks during the summer. They couldn't tell me what part of the review is still ongoing, they just said our applications are under review.

Let's see how long this takes!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by travel2moon
Applied online on 31 May with 2 first time applications. We're both Canadian citizens living in Europe so we used our parents address for the online application on advice from CPB Info Centre (via GOES Support). Since it's been over 10 weeks now I called the Canadian Processing Centre for BC (866-496-3987 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT), and they said it's a MINIMUM of 12 weeks during the summer. They couldn't tell me what part of the review is still ongoing, they just said our applications are under review.

Let me get this straight. You live in Europe but provided current address in Canada. I was told that if I declare no food at the crossing but have a mint on me, they can take away the card and fine me hundreds. I assume you have Canadian DL to show your residency? Well, its good to know that non residents can get the card. I may be in a similar situation in a few years so that I will be able to keep the card.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Let me get this straight. You live in Europe but provided current address in Canada. I was told that if I declare no food at the crossing but have a mint on me, they can take away the card and fine me hundreds. I assume you have Canadian DL to show your residency? Well, its good to know that non residents can get the card. I may be in a similar situation in a few years so that I will be able to keep the card.
You know that you don't need to be a Canadian resident to apply for Nexus right?
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...xus-applicants

By amending the three-year residency requirement, the CBSA is extending NEXUS membership eligibility to citizens of Canada currently residing abroad, or who have recently returned to Canada. The United States amended this requirement in 2009.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by simchi
You know that you don't need to be a Canadian resident to apply for Nexus right?
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...xus-applicants
Now I do for sure, thanks.
Just do not understand why one needs to provide Canadian address as current (correspondence address I understand the need) where in fact it is not.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Applied: June 4th, 2016
Conditional Approval: August 11th, 2016
Interview: August 20.

There were other appointments at Whirlpool, but I had to wait until my wife had her conditional (wanted to make single trip). Turned out she got full approval (previous Nexus) about 4 days after my conditional, no re-interview.

Last edited by gmax58; Aug 22, 2016 at 7:49 am
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:31 am

Initial Application, US citizen.

Applied: May 30th, 2016
Conditional Approval: August 12th, 2016
Interview: August 13th, 2016 (Blaine)

The first available appointments:
Seattle Urban Enrollment Center 2017-01-17
Blaine NEXUS and FAST Enrollment Center 2016-08-13
Vancouver Enrollment Center 2016-08-17
Vancouver Urban Enrollment Center 2016-08-30
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:37 pm

Is everyone getting an email from GOES telling them to check their account for an update or do you check the site daily until your status changes?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by simchi
Is everyone getting an email from GOES telling them to check their account for an update or do you check the site daily until your status changes?
I got an email from GOES telling me to check my account for an update.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by travel2moon

Update
Applied: May 31
Conditional Approval: August 12 (both)
Interview: YVR on Oct 1 (both) since that's our next trip to Vancouver (could be earlier if we were there now)

Lots of availability in August for YVR, Vancouver Main St and Blaine. We're going to make sure we're also set up for Global Entry so we can use it for international trips.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:33 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Woah. I applied a few weeks ago and have some Canadian trips scheduled end of this month. By the sound of it, I probably won't get my approval in time for the trips.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:30 am

Just registered here to post this:

Applied May 31, wife applied June 1
Conditional Approval: August 12 (for both)
Interview: to be determined.

YUL seems full until August 31, but I will recheck soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.