Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:29 am

Washington DC Dates

Please could anyone post available interview dates for Washington DC temporary location? Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:47 pm

Here are a few things that you should be aware of when scheduling an appointment so that you don't need to learn the hard way as I did.

1. The earliest day you can schedule your appointment is for the next day; once past midnight, the schedule for that day would no longer be accessible.
  2. You cannot re-schedule your appointment online if it is less than 24 hours ahead; you have to call to talk to someone in person.
  3. No one is answering calls for the weekend after 5pm Friday, even though the enrollment centre is open for interviews.
  4. For a family, everyone must be booked on the same day, not necessary the same time.
In another words, if you book anything after 5pm Friday for an appointment less than 24 hours ahead, there is no chance for a re-schedule. Consider it final as there is no option online to re-schedule and there is no one to talk to. So be careful if you see an opening slot and you are booking for multiple persons.

For my story, my family of 4 applied on May 26 and got approved late Saturday evening, Aug 6. Checked the schedule and saw an opening in Fort Erie on Aug 7 (Sunday). I thought that would be good as there was trip coming up in mid-August. I scheduled my appointment and proceeded to schedule for the rest of family...... and discovered that it was past midnight, and Aug 7 schedule was no long accessible! I could only book them on another day.

And I was stuck, no way to re-schedule my appointment, and I found that no one would be answering call for the whole weekend, and I didn't want a "no show" (not sure if it would cause unnecessary delay or complication). I ended up driving all the way to Fort Erie to try my luck....... and no luck as they would not take my family which was scheduled on another day.

Last edited by nosnoop; Sep 8, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by sai13
Please could anyone post available interview dates for Washington DC temporary location? Thanks!
Just checked enrollment center at
NEXUS Event Washington DC
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , DC 20229, US

Not sure if this is the one your are looking for.
The earliest date was Sep 26 - about half filled.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nosnoop
Just checked enrollment center at
NEXUS Event Washington DC
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , DC 20229, US

Not sure if this is the one your are looking for.
The earliest date was Sep 26 - about half filled.
Thanks! I applied it on July 7th and status still shows 'Pending Review'. Not sure how long will it take to get approval.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Thanks! I applied it on July 7th and status still shows 'Pending Review'. Not sure how long will it take to get approval.
8-10 weeks.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Should be any day now. I applied July 4 and received conditional approval Sept 7. Keep checking your email.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by laidback71
Should be any day now. I applied July 4 and received conditional approval Sept 7. Keep checking your email.
Yup, got it just now.

Applied on : July 7th 12:30 PM EST
Approved : Sept 9th 4:10 PM EST
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:33 pm

Yup, got it just now.

Applied on : July 7th 12:30 PM EST
Approved : Sept 9th 4:10 PM EST
That's great news! I applied 7/14 and I hope to get approval by next Friday.

It seems the 70+ days of processing time is getting closer to 60 days with summer winding down.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:10 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the nexus card? I was approved on the spot September 1st. It is September 10th and nothing yet and I just wanted to know if this is normal as I see people receiving their cards within a week?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by BenderBRodriguez
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the nexus card? I was approved on the spot September 1st. It is September 10th and nothing yet and I just wanted to know if this is normal as I see people receiving their cards within a week?
... as I see people receiving their cards within a week?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:37 pm

So should I wait another week to say something or should I speak to Nexus right away on Monday?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
So should I wait another week to say something or should I speak to Nexus right away on Monday?
Is your mailing address in the U.S. or Canada? U.S. take approximately a week and Canadian post takes a bit longer. You can call NEXUS at any time. They are most likely asking you to wait for another week.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Is your mailing address in the U.S. or Canada? U.S. take approximately a week and Canadian post takes a bit longer. You can call NEXUS at any time. They are most likely asking you to wait for another week.
Mailing Address is in Canada, Toronto to be exact.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
I'm in the U.S., and it recently (Sept 2016) took my NEXUS card 10 (calendar) days to arrive following my interview (with approval), and note that one of those days was a Federal holiday where U.S. mail was not delivered. Pretty darn fast in my opinion!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: Nexus
Smile nexus

you should get answer this week i apply July 24th for me 2 weeks or so good luck for this week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.