Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by kewldevil
So my wife got her conditionally approved 8 days ago but mine and my son's status still shows pending intial review. I applied 29th of December.

Any advice? Any good number to call and ping them?
Also not sure how long can I keep my wife under this status as I prefer to take interview for all of us together.
You must schedule interview within a certain time of being approved, however, you can change that interview date as many times as you want as long as you change it with at least 24 hours notice. (In you case, you can schedule her interview, and then just keep pushing it back until you get your and your son's approval.)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone else have a data point for how long NEXUS renewals are taking?

i applied in early January (forget the exact date) - my application is still pending review.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Anyone else have a data point for how long NEXUS renewals are taking?

i applied in early January (forget the exact date) - my application is still pending review.
I applied in early January and am still waiting as well.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:09 am

Pending Review

We applied January 26, 2017 and are still pending review.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lake_Hood
I applied in early January and am still waiting as well.
I'm in the same boat (mid-January).

Please update if you see any movement!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:00 pm

Applied for One Renewal and One New Member on 01/15. Still pending review. Please update if anyone applied around the same time and haven't heard back either.

Last time around, was charged CAD$50. This time it was more like CAD$67. The receipt shows the charge in US dollars although I applied from Canada using a Canadian Credit Card so must be the exchange rate.
The website still shows $50 for either in US or Canadian currencies. Anyone else had to pay more than CAD$50 from Canada?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Originally Posted by spy118
Applied for One Renewal and One New Member on 01/15. Still pending review. Please update if anyone applied around the same time and haven't heard back either.

Last time around, was charged CAD$50. This time it was more like CAD$67. The receipt shows the charge in US dollars although I applied from Canada using a Canadian Credit Card so must be the exchange rate.
The website still shows $50 for either in US or Canadian currencies. Anyone else had to pay more than CAD$50 from Canada?
If you applied using the online GOES portal, your payment would be in US$ regardless of citizenship or credit card used. If you filled out the paper form and mailed it to CBSA for processing, then the charge would have been in CDN$.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jakraay
Applied: Feb 2, 2017
Conditional Approval: N/A
Interview: N/A
Approved: N/A
Card arrived: N/A
Still waiting.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Applied: Jan 7, 2017
Conditional Approval: Pending
Interview: Pending
Approval: Pending
Card Arrived Pending
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Applied: Jan 7, 2017
Conditional Approval: Pending
Interview: Pending
Approval: Pending
Card Arrived Pending
I think the vetting process has come to a grinding halt with all sorts of uncertainty in US policy. I helped my inlaws apply at the same time and nothing. And the estimated wait times have jumped dramatically at the end of Jan and Feb. Will be interesting to see what the number of business days wait is at the end of March. My guess it will be over 60 from the current 47.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by CraigerC
Will be interesting to see what the number of business days wait is at the end of March. My guess it will be over 60 from the current 47.
Do you have a link To posted business days wait? I was at the page, but now can't seem to find it back.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Do you have a link To posted business days wait? I was at the page, but now can't seem to find it back.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexu...mande-eng.html
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:31 am

It is also stickied and linked at the top of this forum page.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:46 am

I've taken the numbers posted here and cooked them down, just for a short period since October 3 2016 to last known approval. The average wait time is 53 total days, the maximum was 65 total days. These # of days includes weekends.

I expect these to increase. Example: Applicants which applied on January 15 2017, are at 64 total days as of the date of this post.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by CraigerC
It is also stickied and linked at the top of this forum page.
I've updated the wiki at the top of this page to include published processing time history via archive.org.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.