Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:26 pm
jmz

Finally had some progress today!

Applied: February 23, 2017
Conditional Approval: June 9, 2017
Scheduled Interview: June 25, 2017 (Fort Erie)

Surprisingly there was an opening at YYZ as early as June 17. There are also tons of openings at Fort Erie, including weekends.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jakraay
Do you travel to Asia frequently? I have two trips in the near future to China, wondering if the APEC card is worth it. Already have Global Entry.
Check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trust...nces-q-83.html thread. Short answer: yes, depending on where you're going and how you feel about lines.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Online Application - Feb 23rd 2017
Email Approval Notification – June 9th 2017
Interview appointment - June 13th 2017 (was amazed at how soon a spot was available).

So almost 100 days.

Husband applied on the same day, was interviewed May 16th and is still waiting for his card.
A month waiting on the card seems way too long. He should probably look into that.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by karensmith
A month waiting on the card seems way too long. He should probably look into that.
You are right, I will prod him to call. Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:21 pm

Just checked the CBSA Nexus page for average wait times. They're now up to 71 business days. Starting to think that applying in April won't get approval for my wife or I before we go on our trip in September
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Mercurial Moose
Just checked the CBSA Nexus page for average wait times. They're now up to 71 business days. Starting to think that applying in April won't get approval for my wife or I before we go on our trip in September
I've added this note on current estimated processing time at 71 business days to the thread Wiki. That's almost four months!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:37 pm

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Also doesn't help that the GOES website is frequently non-responsive as well. When I applied back in early April, it was still at 47 business day (hadn't been update to the end of march results yet) so I thought we'd have plenty of time even if the local interview place was busy
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:22 am

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Also doesn't help that the GOES website is frequently non-responsive as well.
Anyone else able to login yesterday or today? I need to activate a new card and can't get past the "Click here to prove you are human" screen. It just hangs and then pukes. Tried different browsers as well as in-private, seems to be a technical thing on their side.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:19 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jakraay
Anyone else able to login yesterday or today? I need to activate a new card and can't get past the "Click here to prove you are human" screen. It just hangs and then pukes. Tried different browsers as well as in-private, seems to be a technical thing on their side.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:09 pm

Quick answer is, yes, there's a problem with the website. I find it surprising that there isn't a public side of GOES and the NEXUS application that can advise of such technical issues. Neither the DHS website nor the CBSA seem to provide any kind of updates other than the CBSA showing the average wait time for conditional approval
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Please discuss GOES website problems in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:17 pm

So my NEXUS got approved today finally. App date was Feb 27th

It took me 15 calendar weeks + 2 days to get approved.

FWIW, on phone call to CBSA, they told me you should hear back within 12-15 weeks.

I noticed a couple of applicants here besides me who also applied around Feb 23rd got approved in 15 weeks +-2 days.

So, seems like CBSA is experiencing application delays, but has some sort of 15 week clock after which they expedite/wrap up pending applications.

So prepare to have a 16 week waiting window for your new NEXUS app.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by oakland
FWIW, on phone call to CBSA, they told me you should hear back within 12-15 weeks.
Well, you got a better response than I did. I tried calling the GOES phone number today, but was unable to get through on multiple tries. Called CBSA and was told that I just had keep being persistent with calling them
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:24 am

Well, you got a better response than I did. I tried calling the GOES phone number today, but was unable to get through on multiple tries. Called CBSA and was told that I just had keep being persistent with calling them

I had made my call to the CBSA on May 24th. That's when they gave me the 15 week window from date of appl. I wouldn't be surprised the wait times have gone higher now given how often GOES is crashing.

It seems like your appl date is April 9th. 16 weeks would take it to July 30th. I would not worry too much before then atleast. You might be lucky like many others here and get it much before then.

Last edited by oakland; Jun 15, 2017 at 9:31 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:21 am

When I first applied, the CBSA website was showing an average wait time of 47 days, which shortly afterwards changed to 51. So I'm hoping I'll still be closer to the 51 than the now 71 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.