Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:22 am

I applied at the sametime as my girlfriend back on Feb 12, 2017. She was conditionally approved April 3, 2017...I'm still pending review

I think the difference is she was born in Canada while I was in HKG and I've traveled to more places (Vietnam, Cambodia) than her that i listed (but none in middle east)

I was hoping we could go to interview together but as she's nearing 30days to schedule interview and I"m still pending...just made an interview for her in mid June..hope I can be approved by then and reschedule our interviews together to save time/another trip

Applied(initial): Feb 12, 2017
Conditional Approval: April 3, 2017
Interview: June 15, 2017 (at YYZ Terminal 1)
Approved: N/A
Card arrived: N/A
Old May 1, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by gilboman
I applied at the sametime as my girlfriend back on Feb 12, 2017. She was conditionally approved April 3, 2017...I'm still pending review

I think the difference is she was born in Canada while I was in HKG and I've traveled to more places (Vietnam, Cambodia) than her that i listed (but none in middle east)

I was hoping we could go to interview together but as she's nearing 30days to schedule interview and I"m still pending...just made an interview for her in mid June..hope I can be approved by then and reschedule our interviews together to save time/another trip

Applied(initial): Feb 12, 2017
Interview: June 15, 2017 (at YYZ Terminal 1)
Approved: N/A
Card arrived: N/A
Same for me and my hubby. He is Canadian, I am a dual citizen of Canada and the UK. We applied on Feb 23rd, he got conditionally approved three weeks later. He has an interview on May 16th.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:22 pm

Nexus Conditional Approvals

I did four Nexus applications at the same time via the GOES website. The applications were for myself, my wife and our two kids. All of us are Canadian citizens. I received conditional approvals for myself and the kids on April 19th but my wife's is still sitting in "pending review" status. After almost two weeks I'm beginning to wonder what the delay is and am wondering whether this is normal. I don't believe there is any way to call them to find out. I have to book the interviews for the other three applications and would prefer to do all of them at once since we have to travel to an enrollment centre. Any information is appreciated.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by rparkington
I did four Nexus applications at the same time via the GOES website. The applications were for myself, my wife and our two kids. All of us are Canadian citizens. I received conditional approvals for myself and the kids on April 19th but my wife's is still sitting in "pending review" status. After almost two weeks I'm beginning to wonder what the delay is and am wondering whether this is normal. I don't believe there is any way to call them to find out. I have to book the interviews for the other three applications and would prefer to do all of them at once since we have to travel to an enrollment centre. Any information is appreciated.
Yes, this is completely normal for Nexus. You are required to schedule interviews within 30 days of Conditional Approval. If you prefer to do all interviews at the same time, pick interviews for the approved applications now for a future date. Once you've scheduled interviews, there is no limit on the number of times you RESCHEDULE scheduled interviews. Just don't miss a scheduled interview, reschedule it. Eventually, the fourth application will be Conditionally Approved and you can then make your firm interview plans for everyone.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

49 calendar days | 34 business days

Applied: February 13, 2017
Interview: n/a (TBD)
Approved: n/a
Card arrived: n/a

Conditional approval took 49 calendar days or 34 business days (excluding weekends and Presidents' Day).

U.S. citizen, but born in a Commonwealth country. Just one trip other than Canada and Mexico during the five year period they request.

There didn't seem to be an email notification of conditional approval, so upon checking GOES on April 19 and seeing conditional approval, there were immediate appointment slots available at the Vancouver Enrollment Center on April 26 and Blaine on April 20.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:45 am

Applied: Middle of February (can't find the exact date).
Conditional Approval: May 10, 2017
Interview: n/a

US Citizen with Global Entry already. Took a long time..
Old May 12, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: NEXUS
Applied: End of January
Conditional Approval: n/a

Girlfriend applied at the end of Jan. She's a Canadian citizen, but it's been over 100 days with no update. Is it even worth her trying to get a hold of them, or just wait it out? I already have a NEXUS card from a couple years back when it did not take nearly this long
Old May 13, 2017, 8:55 am

I feel really bad with some people in feb and jan still not accepted, but what can you do.

Applied : March 23
Conditional Approval: May 13
Interview: May 23

I think the process was speeded up by the fact that I already have police clearances and background checks
Old May 14, 2017, 9:18 am

Applied: February 11
Conditional Approval: May 9
Interview: May 13
Approved: May 13
Card arrived: May 19

I am a Canadian citizen and US Green Card holder. I had done my son's application the same day and his conditional approval came on April 2.

Last edited by bucks25761; May 22, 2017 at 2:35 pm Reason: Put in date for when card arrived.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:01 pm

Applied: March 13
Conditional Approval: April 30
Interview: May 13
Approved: May 13
Card Received: May 22

The interview in Detroit was quick and (mostly) painless. The CBP agent there told me the card would take 2-4 business weeks to arrive, but mine came in just 7 business days. I'm guessing they err on the high side to be safe, but mine came much faster.

Last edited by evdoyle; May 22, 2017 at 7:50 pm Reason: Update on dates
Old May 15, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by schellbell
Applied: End of January
Conditional Approval: n/a

Girlfriend applied at the end of Jan. She's a Canadian citizen, but it's been over 100 days with no update. Is it even worth her trying to get a hold of them, or just wait it out? I already have a NEXUS card from a couple years back when it did not take nearly this long

It won't hurt to call, http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexu....html#info-reg
Old May 15, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Limacon
I feel really bad with some people in feb and jan still not accepted, but what can you do.

Interview: May 23

I think the process was speeded up by the fact that I already have police clearances and background checks
Just went in for my interview, was able to get one at the Champlain station on the American side of the border for the next business day. Interview took 45 mins, but it was 40 mins of explaining the program and 5 minutes of actual questions. Completely harmless. Got the approval email before I got to my car in the lot. Waiting on the card now.
Update about myself. Canadian Citizen, 20 years old,

Interview: May 15
Card Arrived : Waiting
Old May 15, 2017, 9:45 pm

Update:

Applied(initial): Feb 2, 2017
Conditional Approval: Mar 31, 2017
Interview: April 28, 2017 (at YYZ Terminal 1)
Approved: April 28, 2017
Card arrived: May 9, 2017
Old May 16, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG
Glad to see my application may still be intact.. Its now been 71 days. At the time, the site said the estimated wait would be 47 days... Have stood in a lot of long security lines in these 71 days so far - hoping the wait is soon over..

Applied(initial): March 6, 2017
Conditional Approval: TBD
Interview: TBD
Approved: TBD
Card arrived: TBD
Old May 16, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

The topic of this thread is: Nexus initial application processing time.

Please discuss NEXUS renewal timelines in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.