Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:21 pm

Went to Champlain border this morning for my interview. It was pretty quick, and by the time I left the door, I got the approval email.

My application
Applied: April 22, 2017
Conditional Approval: July 12, 2017
Interview: July 14, 2017
Approved: July 14,2017
Card arrived: TBD
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:28 pm

Applied on: May 7
Conditionally approved on: Today, July 14.

2 months, 1 week.

Bummed that the earliest suburban Seattle opportunity is November! (4 months out!)
I'll be in Seattle on Aug 11. I might try for a walkin interview at both Seattle airport and Seattle urban locations.

I'm based in Austin, Texas . Any of the interview locations will require a special trip except for that Aug 11 trip to Seattle.

What is the time limit completing the in person interview? 6 months is sticking in my head...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:09 am

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster.

I'm not sure what happened with my application but it doesn't seem to match any of the experiences you guys have been going through.

Application Date: June 28
Conditional Approval: July 14
Interview: August 1 @ YVR

So... approved in 12 business days. I was expecting to hear back by October or something like that. Was there some sort of "blitz" or something going on? I can take screenshots of the emails from GOES if this seems unbelievable...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MareLuce
What is the time limit completing the in person interview? 6 months is sticking in my head...
No time limit for completing an interview, certainly not six months.

Pick any interview slot now, and simply keep checking for a slot and location you prefer. You can change your interview appointment as often as you like. Interview appointment slots open up all the time, especially during the hours the location is open. Keep checking.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Applied on: May 7
Conditionally approved on: Today, July 14.

2 months, 1 week.

Bummed that the earliest suburban Seattle opportunity is November! (4 months out!)
I'll be in Seattle on Aug 11. I might try for a walkin interview at both Seattle airport and Seattle urban locations.

I'm based in Austin, Texas . Any of the interview locations will require a special trip except for that Aug 11 trip to Seattle.

As mnbp mentioned, your best bet is doing a new search several times a day when your desired NEXUS office is open as well as other hours. Cancellations occur all the time. A preferred time slot will very likely open up in the next week or so.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by LannyZ
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster.

I'm not sure what happened with my application but it doesn't seem to match any of the experiences you guys have been going through.

Application Date: June 28
Interview: August 1 @ YVR

So... approved in 12 business days. I was expecting to hear back by October or something like that. Was there some sort of "blitz" or something going on? I can take screenshots of the emails from GOES if this seems unbelievable...
Welcome to FT. You should go out and buy a lotto ticket. More recent applications had been conditionally approved with far fewer days than Feb/March applications. Maybe a log jam has been cleared. This is a welcome news.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

If you can rent a car for the day, you can drive up to Blaine, WA. The office there normally is wide open for availability. It is just under 2 hours each way. It's on the American side so you won't have to cross over and back as well, and you could get the interview completed that way. That said, you will still have to go to an office in Canada, one with the iris scan available, to use NEXUS at the airports in Canada, though you can do this right after the interview in Blaine. You could also look at driving across the border up to the office at YVR, or the office in downtown Vancouver, both of which would have the iris scanning available, although I don't know how their appointment availability looks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
More recent applications had been conditionally approved with far fewer days than Feb/March applications. Maybe a log jam has been cleared. This is a welcome news.
Something definitely happened. I finally convinced a travel companion to apply for NEXUS and she did so.

Application Date: July 08
Interview: July 21 in Detroit

I didn't believe it but she logged in and showed me it's true. However, I applied for a NEXUS renewal on July 3rd and I'm still waiting, so who knows what's up...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by yupislyr
Something definitely happened. I finally convinced a travel companion to apply for NEXUS and she did so.

Application Date: July 08
Interview: July 21 in Detroit

I didn't believe it but she logged in and showed me it's true. However, I applied for a NEXUS renewal on July 3rd and I'm still waiting, so who knows what's up...
Great to know. Now NEXUS is taking about the same amount of time as Global Entry for conditional approval.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL, AF
Another data point: 25 days to approval

Application date: June 19
Conditional approval: July 14
Interview: July 27 in Niagara Falls (earliest available was July 25)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by mamamusings
(earliest available was July 25)
As other let me know, if you want an earlier time, check back multiple times a day. I originally was going to have to wait till September for mine, I checked the next morning and an appointment for the following day had come available. My wife originally was for September as well, she checked back literally minutes later, and an appointment opened up less than a week away
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:31 pm

My application took a while, but is done today.

Applied(initial): 3/23/2017
Conditional Approval: 6/30/2017
Initial Interview: 7/19/2017 (Pearson)
Approved: 7/19/2017
Card Arrived: 8/1/2017

Last edited by dalmond; Aug 28, 2017 at 8:11 pm Reason: Added card arrival day
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
No time limit for completing an interview, certainly not six months.
Thank you! That's a relief!

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
If you can rent a car for the day, you can drive up to Blaine, WA. The office there normally is wide open for availability. It is just under 2 hours each way. It's on the American side so you won't have to cross over and back as well, and you could get the interview completed that way.
Good to know. I just wish it didn't have to be so much time out of a vacation to drive there back and forth. Is there anything to see on the way?

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
That said, you will still have to go to an office in Canada, one with the iris scan available, to use NEXUS at the airports in Canada,
Please tell me you're kidding!
If the iris scan is mandatory to using NEXUS in in Canada, why wouldn't the interview locations have it?

ps: GREAT instagram photos! I dig all your Austin haunts.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:29 pm

Thumbs up

My son application:

Applied(initial): 6/06/2017
Conditional Approval: 7/19/2017
Initial Interview: 8/08/2017 Champlain, New York
Approved:

My wife application:

Conditional Approval: 7/27/2017
Initial Interview: 8/08/2017 Champlain, New York
Approved:

My application:

Conditional Approval:
Initial Interview:
Approved:

Last edited by Myrtlebeach; Jul 27, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Please tell me you're kidding!
If the iris scan is mandatory to using NEXUS in in Canada, why wouldn't the interview locations have it?

ps: GREAT instagram photos! I dig all your Austin haunts.
I'm not, but that is only because the iris scan is only required if using NEXUS in the air mode when entering Canada. If you're using NEXUS to cross the border at land or sea (as many people who have it do), the iris scan is not required. The USA also does not require the iris scan at all.

And thanks! I really need to put up more pictures, it's slow here in the summer though to want to go out and do much though .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.