Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by sai13
Any July approvals yet? I applied it on July 7th.
I hope this week we'll hear of first July approvals. I applied on 7/14.

I don't know why I'm being so impatient about something I won't use very often
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
I don't know why I'm being so impatient about something I won't use very often
Do you like to be in control?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Do you like to be in control?
Haha. I suppose but what I hate most is lack of transparency. No visibility whatsoever on what processing NEXUS applications entails or which stage the application is in. Ah well, I survived 54 days so a couple of more weeks won't kill me.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Haha. I suppose but what I hate most is lack of transparency. No visibility whatsoever on what processing NEXUS applications entails or which stage the application is in. Ah well, I survived 54 days so a couple of more weeks won't kill me.
Wait time for conditional approval is 6 - 8 weeks.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:47 pm

Just had my interview at whirlpool, approval before i got in the car and a freebie trip over the bridge to get the iris scan.

Applied 6-12
Approved 8-28
Final approval 9-6
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond , IHG - Spire, Marriott Platimum Elite, Delta Silver, United Silver
Originally Posted by jimgiggles
Wife and I applied June 30 2016, and both spill pending review on goes website.. Hoping to hear soon!
Applied: June 30
Approved: Sept 4
Interview Date at YYZ Sept 8

I lucked out get the last interview available for Sept. 8th
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Received my Nexus card today (9/6). Applied 5/22, conditional approval 8/2, interview & approval 8/31.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

Recent posts discussing the use of the NEXUS card to enter Canada at land crossings with goods over or under the personal exemption limit were moved to:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by laidback71
I applied July 4 and still pending. Will provide update when approved.
Received conditional approval today, Sept 7. Just over nine weeks.

Question: once approved after the interview, how long does it take for the Nexus card to arrive? I have three round trips coming up and wondering if it is worth the drive to Fort Erie. First available interview at YYZ is during my third trip but Fort Erie has much sooner slots.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sai13
Any July approvals yet? I applied it on July 7th.
Applied July 4th, received conditional approval September 4th, interview scheduled September 9th.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:58 pm

Received conditional approval today, Sept 7. Just over nine weeks.

Question: once approved after the interview, how long does it take for the Nexus card to arrive? I have three round trips coming up and wondering if it is worth the drive to Fort Erie. First available interview at YYZ is during my third trip but Fort Erie has much sooner slots.
Keep checking, you should be able to find something sooner at YYZ.

NEXUS card takes one week from final approval to arrive in the U.S. Not sure how long it takes in Canada to arrive.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:07 pm

Hi!

Good evening!

So I've been lurking for a little while. Our family applied on July 22 and we are still (not so) patiently waiting on conditional approval. Since I estimate that we may have it by the end of the month I was wondering if any of you guys could check current availability for me. I realize things change and quickly. I'm only asking because daycare through a loop to me today regarding a school holiday coming up in October. They want me to let them know by next week if our child will attend all day on the holiday or not. The problem...we were considering that a possible weekend to scheduling the interview (if available). School holidays coming up are Oct 21 or Nov 7-8.

Would any of you guys be willing to share what current availability is for Detroit, Port Huron, Niagara Falls, or Fort Erie on the afternoons of 10/21 or 11/5 or anytime on 10/22, 11/7, or 11/8? I would really prefer Detroit since its closest to home.

Thanks in advance for at least helping me (gamble) decide to commit or not to all day care on 10/21.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Keep checking, you should be able to find something sooner at YYZ.
No kidding. I just checked and found a spot next week at YYZ. Sweet!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Phred119s
Would any of you guys be willing to share what current availability is for Detroit, Port Huron, Niagara Falls, or Fort Erie on the afternoons of 10/21 or 11/5 or anytime on 10/22, 11/7, or 11/8? I would really prefer Detroit since its closest to home.
Lots of availability those dates in Detroit. Hardly any bookings at this point. Nothing seems to be available until Sept 26 (is Detroit closed until then?) and on that day more than half the spots are available. Doesn't look like a busy spot.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:07 am

Lots of availability those dates in Detroit. Hardly any bookings at this point. Nothing seems to be available until Sept 26 (is Detroit closed until then?) and on that day more than half the spots are available. Doesn't look like a busy spot.
Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.