Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Applied 5/22, received conditional approval about 10 minutes ago (8/2). I checked GOES about an hour ago when I came home and it wasn't there then. Still waiting for wife's approval. Blaine, WA is wide open with appointments beginning tomorrow morning.
Wife's (applied 5/23) came this morning. Ended up taking back to back appointments at the end of August at the downtown Vancouver location instead of Blaine. Wife wanted to do some shopping and gets the iris scan out of the way too.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
What is the subject line and From email address of the conditional approval? I like to setup a filter rule to text my phone once it hits my email. Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by seawolf
What is the subject line and From email address of the conditional approval? I like to setup a filter rule to text my phone once it hits my email. Thanks.
"PROD-GOES - Account Status Change"

"[email protected]"
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
If, as I suspect, it is the same as the Global Entry notifications, the sender is [email protected] and the subject line will read:
PROD-GOES - Account Status Change
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
If, as I suspect, it is the same as the Global Entry notifications, the sender is [email protected] and the subject line will read:
Correct.

[email protected]

PROD-GOES - Account Status Change

Dear GOES User,

GOES ACCOUNT INFORMATION

User ID:

There has been a recent change to the status of your application.
Please login to your GOES account for more information.

This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept
incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you,
Customs and Border Protection

GOES Website: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks. It didn't change from 2013.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Thanks. It didn't change from 2013.
Didn't change from my original GE notification in 2011 either .
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by rems_spam
Anybody have a timeline for post-interview processing? My interview was 16 days ago and it still says "Interview scheduled" under status on my GOES account. I was told it would be 2 weeks.
My 7 month old son "interviewed" on June 25 at YVR and GOES says the same thing; still no card. So we're now 38 days post-interview and still waiting.

Applied: 1/11/16
Conditional approval: 1/30/16
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by noiprocs_
My 7 month old son "interviewed" on June 25 at YVR and GOES says the same thing; still no card. So we're now 38 days post-interview and still waiting.

Applied: 1/11/16
Conditional approval: 1/30/16
I got it the following day as stated in my previous post.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:53 am

Applied: 7/14/2016
Conditional approval: --/--/----

I was checking the GOES website daily until I found this thread. It seems 9-11 weeks is the norm for conditional approval during the summer months. Meh.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:24 am

Anybody have a timeline for post-interview processing? My interview was 16 days ago and it still says "Interview scheduled" under status on my GOES account. I was told it would be 2 weeks.
Just called up the YUL Nexus office where I did my interview and asked what was going on. They said they'd look into it and call me back. 30 minutes later I received my approval email.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Just called up the YUL Nexus office where I did my interview and asked what was going on. They said they'd look into it and call me back. 30 minutes later I received my approval email.
It is always good to call your interview office. Sometimes s/he forgets to click approve which causes your file remain in "Interview scheduled" status.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: United Milage Plus
Finally-11 weeks and 1 day

This morning I finally received my Nexus pre-approval letter online. It took 11 weeks and 1 day from the day I applied (May 18). Fortunately, I'm vacating in Canada this weekend so I was able to secure an appointment at Blaine, WA for Monday on my way home. Yeah!

Good luck to all of you waiting for your pre-approval. I suspect the delay was due to the extremely long TSA airport lines in mid-May that caused a surge in applications during that time period.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by tkpdx
This morning I finally received my Nexus pre-approval letter online. It took 11 weeks and 1 day from the day I applied (May 18). Fortunately, I'm vacating in Canada this weekend so I was able to secure an appointment at Blaine, WA for Monday on my way home. Yeah!

Good luck to all of you waiting for your pre-approval. I suspect the delay was due to the extremely long TSA airport lines in mid-May that caused a surge in applications during that time period.
Congratulations. Make sure to allow extra time returning to the U.S. unless you have Global Entry already.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Applied: 7/14/2016
Conditional approval: --/--/----

I was checking the GOES website daily until I found this thread. It seems 9-11 weeks is the norm for conditional approval during the summer months. Meh.
Welcome to FT. Things are moving faster now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.