Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:55 am

Husband and I both applied 3/4
My conditional approval 3/12
His conditional approval 5/19
Interviewed together at Ohare 7/15
Final approval for both 7/17
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:09 am

I applied on April 7 and I am still waiting on CA so I am exactly 100 days today. Hoping for some good forum karma in the next couple days so I can stop hearing the "i can't believe that" from my wife and MIL who got their CA in <6 days.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by pengwinn
I applied on April 7 and I am still waiting on CA so I am exactly 100 days today. Hoping for some good forum karma in the next couple days so I can stop hearing the "i can't believe that" from my wife and MIL who got their CA in <6 days.
Welcome to FT.

Because you are special.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:40 am

'Suspicious'. That might be why my April 7 application is taking so long. After retirement I visited 20+ countries in 2 years. And, after 25 years owning a house in Hawaii, I've changed my address to Chicago, while living part time in Mexico. They probably don't know what to think.
I also wonder why those applying 5-6 months ago were generally approved in less time. Escalation reports are not accepted until 14 weeks after application date. What's going on?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by SMA4
'Suspicious'. That might be why my April 7 application is taking so long. After retirement I visited 20+ countries in 2 years. And, after 25 years owning a house in Hawaii, I've changed my address to Chicago, while living part time in Mexico. They probably don't know what to think.
I also wonder why those applying 5-6 months ago were generally approved in less time. Escalation reports are not accepted until 14 weeks after application date. What's going on?
Me and my boyfriend visited the same countries … +17 since 2014 per application request … I was CA'd in 5 weeks - boyfriend is still waiting at 22+ weeks … no rhyme or reason
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:33 pm

Were you both in the same countries? I visited Jordan, Turkey and maybe others that could have bumped me to the extra screening pile.
Requested escalation over a week ago and received email confirmation w note that it could take 3-4 weeks.
From messages above escalation and further calling doesn't appear to help.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by SMA4
Were you both in the same countries? I visited Jordan, Turkey and maybe others that could have bumped me to the extra screening pile.
Requested escalation over a week ago and received email confirmation w note that it could take 3-4 weeks.
From messages above escalation and further calling doesn't appear to help.
Yes, same countries... mostly Caribbean, Mexico, Honduras, etc

search for my recent posts and you'll see his timeline and statuses...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:03 pm

Applied on 4/11 and still waiting for CA. Called 877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) today and it took around 15 minutes to get on hold with an agent.

Asked for escalation and open a ticket and was told that the new rule is they can only open a ticket if the application has been pending over 100 days. The agent told me to call back on Friday (100 days) and they will be able to open a ticket.

Agent told me there are still a lot delays now... Hopefully I can get CA soon.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:46 am

Cool 4 days conditional approval

I applied for Global Entry on 7/14/19. I received my conditional approval last night on 7/17/18. My husband also applied on 7/14/19 but is still awaiting conditional approval.

Last edited by LKC118; Jul 18, 2019 at 12:19 pm Reason: privacy
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:34 am

Application for *9* year old child. Husband and I have both had G.E. for 3 years.

Submitted May 3.

How much background needs to be checked for a 9 year old without any travel outside the US?

76 days and counting....still no C.A. Our trip came and went last week. I wish we hadn't wasted the $.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: american, delta, united
Still waiting for CA

I've been reading this thread and see that many have been waiting quite some time for CA. My husband and I both applied on May 19. I got CA in just a few days. He is still waiting so it's 8 weeks - which I guess is not that long considering what I've read here. I just don't understand why mine was approved so fast and his is still pending. We both went to the same countries. I thought we might have a problem because we went to Cuba but that didn't affect my application. I see that some of you were able to phone someone there. I would appreciate it if someone would share the phone number or email address so I can speak to someone.
You can email me at <redacted by moderator - better use a PM>.

Thanks.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:23 am Reason: Privacy
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by keewerdehausen
I applied for Global Entry on 7/14/19. I received my conditional approval last night on 7/17/18. I have bounced around quite a bit for work, but have a stable residence. I've visited 6 countries in the past 5 years including Turkey, several in Europe, and Asia.

My husband also applied on 7/14/19 but is still awaiting conditional approval. He has had the same government adjacent job for the past 14 years and has one additional residence than myself. We have the same travel experiences during the relevant time period.

I was able to schedule my interview at my second-preferred location for September 11th (it'll be a 5 hour drive for us instead of the optimal 2 hour). We leave the country next in early October and hope to have approvals by then. Plan to watch for last-minute interview openings.
Welcome to FT.

Check for cancellations daily and frequently at your first preferred location, especially during that center's office hours. Very likely you will find something suitable in less than a week. Good luck.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by lariah
Application for *9* year old child. Husband and I have both had G.E. for 3 years.
Submitted May 3.
How much background needs to be checked for a 9 year old without any travel outside the US?
76 days and counting....still no C.A. Our trip came and went last week. I wish we hadn't wasted the $.
Originally Posted by almondtree
I just don't understand why mine was approved so fast and his is still pending. We both went to the same countries. I thought we might have a problem because we went to Cuba but that didn't affect my application.
I'm not sure that the actual reason for being fast tracked or not has ever been officially stated.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious pattern based on age, travel history, job, or even occupational security background checks. The process, for whatever reasons, is not transparent.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:55 am

First post so please forgive me if I am not addressing this correctly.
I applied for GE 24 Feb 2019 and have been waiting with a "pending review" since. Numerous emails have all come back with the company line......"due to extended government shutdown....etc"
I am at almost 150 days and my wife and I have a mid Sept trip planned to Europe. BTW, she applied 10 April, rec'd approval within 10 days and happen to find a cancelled appointment at local CBP office and rec'd approval and ID card within another week.
Anyway, I see some mention of escalating the approval process. Any help on how this is done will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:01 pm

Strategic Packing

Originally Posted by mcarney64
Agreed! We are in the same situation - I've have my GE card, but we are still waiting on his CA - we fly the first week of October
You guys might consider strategic packing. Our last trip I had precheck and my husband didn't. So we put our liquids, joint electronics, DSLR, etc which are shared anyway into my carry-on and a disproportional amount of our shoes and clothing in his. I went through the easier line, but he still had an easier time going through the 'normal' one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.