Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mrscaptain
20yo son with first passport, conditional approval in less than a week in late April

19yo daughter with 1 int'l trip last year, conditional approval in less than a week in mid-May
CA finally - 93 days after application

I decided against escalating because the 3-4 week timeframe ran up to a trip we had. Glad I just waited it out. Now I have to try for a walk-in appointment since MSP is booking out to September.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by mrscaptain
CA finally - 93 days after application

I decided against escalating because the 3-4 week timeframe ran up to a trip we had. Glad I just waited it out. Now I have to try for a walk-in appointment since MSP is booking out to September.
For everyone who is looking for an appointment for an interview...

Remember, with Enrollment on Arrival (and for many other reasons), people holding appointments get their interviews early or otherwise reschedule booked interview slots.

Even at an enrollment center that shows fully booked for months in advance, interview slots appear throughout the day - simply because the people holding those slots either make a change or else do an EoA interview.

Keep checking. Several times a day. Interview slots open up all the time. All any one person needs is ONE interview slot. Keep checking.
mrscaptain likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:33 am

Applied: 3/27
Conditional approved: 6/30
Duration: 95 days

Received email notification: "TTP Application Status Change".
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott TE, United Silver, Hilton Diamond
I'm at 10 weeks waiting for GE conditional approval, and my TSA Pre expires in 3 months. I would hate to extend precheck after paying for GE.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:54 pm

Update for me, applied Feb 15th, still pending.

135 days

Escalated by filing a complaint online, they said there was nothing they could do. Any ideas on what I can do?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:45 pm

Hubby and I applied 3/27
CA 6/30
95 days

Received email that our status had changed.
Still waiting for daughters’ approval, I applied for them on 4/15.

Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:35 am

Update:
Boyfriend called and actually got through to someone on Thursday (6/1/4/0) --- all last week he'd get to '0' and the message was they were too busy and to call back and the call would be automatically disconnected.

Well, they looked and said that his incident had been closed (SMH) --- she said that 19 weeks was definitely WAY TOO LONG, re-opened his incident and added a note to it (he doesn't know what the note said or anything other what I wrote) … just checked and he's still in PENDING status … With this being a holiday week, who knows if anything will get done --- crossing fingers (he is now at 20 weeks & 1 day = 141 DAYS)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by TechieWill
Update for me, applied Feb 15th, still pending.

135 days

Escalated by filing a complaint online, they said there was nothing they could do. Any ideas on what I can do?
Have you called? 1(877) 227-5511 and prompts are 6/1/4/0
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by bjuwsbk
Fellow (unlucky) first-time applicant also still waiting in Pending Review Purgatory

The deets:
- U.S. Citizen
- Applied on 3/28
- Submitted Online Inquiry on 5/23 (Day 56); got form response back saying GE processing time could be up to 11 weeks
- Escalated on 6/20 (Day 84); Called 1(877) 227-5511 and followed prompts (see posts from about 1-2 weeks ago where someone shared the exact numbers to press); hold time was about 12 minutes. When I got a live person on the phone I immediately told them that I was calling to escalate because my app had been pending review for over 11 weeks. The first agent confirmed my identity + that my app had been submitted more than 11 weeks ago. Then, they forwarded my call to another agent who promptly escalated my ticket. Total call with wait lasted 15 minutes. Was told that wait time for resolution of the escalated ticket is between 3-8 weeks.
- Today is Day 90

I just noticed that the email they sent confirming the escalation of the ticket says:

"Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue."

So, I'm now planning on making a visit to one of the enrollment centers near me to see if that actually speeds anything up. Will report back.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!
After a 95-day wait, I've finally been conditionally approved!

I just logged in to do my regular application status check and saw the notice in my account. I was curious as to how long the approval had been sitting in my account, so I checked my email and it turns out that I'd gotten an email about a status change on my account about 10 minutes prior to me checking.

I also lucked out and was able to schedule my interview for later this afternoon!

Good luck once again to everyone waiting, I know how arduous and annoying the process is!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:17 pm

84 Days

If I calculated correctly the wait time for conditional approval since my April 7, 2019 payment has been 84 days.
I have traveled internationally extensively, sometimes to communist countries. Never been arrested. No outstanding tickets, etc. All travel has been for fun and most since I retired. Owned property in Canada and live a few months every year in Mexico. Otherwise in US in Hawaii.
Has anyone else had to wait this long?
Thanks,
P
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:18 pm

Just read email above mine about a 95 day wait with a happy ending. Fingers crossed!
P
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by SMA4
If I calculated correctly the wait time for conditional approval since my April 7, 2019 payment has been 84 days.
I have traveled internationally extensively, sometimes to communist countries. Never been arrested. No outstanding tickets, etc. All travel has been for fun and most since I retired. Owned property in Canada and live a few months every year in Mexico. Otherwise in US in Hawaii.
Has anyone else had to wait this long?
Thanks,
P
I applied GE on 4/13 for my son who is just turned 6 months, today is Day 79.. still waiting on CA.
Called to request an escalated inquiry on 6/28, I received an email stated "Current wait times for resolution is 3-4 weeks. We will contact you via this incident number once the request has been processed."
We have an international trip planned for end of July, hopefully my son can get CA soon
Fingers crossed

Last edited by bonitachen; Jul 1, 2019 at 3:20 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by SMA4
Just read email above mine about a 95 day wait with a happy ending. Fingers crossed!
P
It seems like the wait time has increased from 70ish days to 90ish days in the past few weeks. I remember reading about 70-77 day approvals when I first found this thread but that’s long gone now
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:23 pm

New to FT - in search of Luck

Applied GE on 4/17 for both myself & wife.. Wife conditionally approved in 3 days..I'm still waiting.. 76 days and counting.. posting my pain in search of some good luck from FT.. upcoming trip in 2 weeks.. fingers crossed...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:33 am

Application Date: June 26th
CA Date: July 2nd
Scheduled Interview for September 20th at MSP.

I should note that this was an application for a 12 year old so I wonder if that was the reason for the quick processing. She doesn't have much of a background to look into.

I really wanted to get this process completed during the summer so we may make a road trip to the Canadian border to do the interview there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.