Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Hello fellow members,
can anyone shed some light regarding the processing time till someone gets an conditional approval from GOES? i applied over the weekend and my status says " pending review"... Just curious.
thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by miltime
Hello fellow members,
can anyone shed some light regarding the processing time till someone gets an conditional approval from GOES? i applied over the weekend and my status says " pending review"... Just curious.
thanks.
My application took about eight days, from application to conditional approval.. It depends on a number of factors and can take more than two weeks... You should see an update in a week or so...
Old Mar 27, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Mine took a little shy of two weeks. This was as of a month ago.....
Old Mar 27, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
It really depends case-by-case. NEXUS seems to be approving more quickly than GE itself lately.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Depends on several factors. Some are classified, but some are pretty easy to figure out based on the information you supply on the application. Any of the following might slow down the background checks (as CBP might need extra time to decide whether you are an acceptable risk):

- any previous arrests, for anything, anytime, anywhere
- any previous immigration/customs-related violations, anytime, anywhere
- extensive international travel within the last 7 years
- multiple relocations within the last 7 years (i.e. complicated address history)
- multiple different employers within the last 7 years

....those kinds of things.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

well, today is exactly 1 week. I'll keep on waiting.....By the way, do you get an e-mail in your e-mail address you provided, or keep checking the GOES account?
Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You get an email saying that there is a change to your account.

My application took 2 weeks. Same job for the last 7 years, same address for the last 20, no arrests, no customs violations. Lots of international travel in the last 7 years - that is why I applied! The 'interview' was the nicest interaction I have ever had with a government official ever!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
well, today is exactly 1 week. I'll keep on waiting.....By the way, do you get an e-mail in your e-mail address you provided, or keep checking the GOES account?
Thanks.
My conditionally accepted email came eight days after I applied... This is what it looks like:

Dear GOES User,

GOES ACCOUNT INFORMATION

User ID: XXXXXXXXXXX

There has been a recent change to the status of your application.
Please login to your GOES account for more information.

This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept
incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you,
Customs and Border Protection
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PDILLM
Mine took a little shy of two weeks. This was as of a month ago.....
Mine took 3 weeks, and just got it yesterday.

No idea what held it up (if not just paperwork)--relatively limited travel and a gov't security clearance.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:32 pm
kjl

Programs: DL Gold AS MVP BA Blue
I have NEXUS. My Global Entry was approved immediately.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:52 am
Original Poster

it's been two weeks and counting. I actually called the enrollment center, spoke to a CBP officer he said it usually takes 2 months....?! (for some reason i fave a feeling he was confused, based on the way he was talking....)
i saw that people on this forum posted times as long as 3 weeks, no longer than that.
By the way, are any other forms to complete at enrollment center beside bringing the passport in?

later.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:31 pm

it's been two weeks and counting. I actually called the enrollment center, spoke to a CBP officer he said it usually takes 2 months....?! (for some reason i fave a feeling he was confused, based on the way he was talking....)
i saw that people on this forum posted times as long as 3 weeks, no longer than that.
By the way, are any other forms to complete at enrollment center beside bringing the passport in?

later.
No other forms. Bring your passport and the "acceptance" letter you get when you get conditional approval. My CBP guy asked for my driver's license as well, which seemed odd, but whatever.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
No other forms. Bring your passport and the "acceptance" letter you get when you get conditional approval. My CBP guy asked for my driver's license as well, which seemed odd, but whatever.

I had to show the CBP officer my driver's license AND some additional proof of residency. I was very lucky to have thought to bring a property tax bill, but I suppose a utility bill or lease agreement would have worked too.

(Granted, it was a NEXUS interview, conducted 50% by CBSA and 50% by CBP, but only the CBP officer wanted to see address verification.)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
I had to show the CBP officer my driver's license AND some additional proof of residency. I was very lucky to have thought to bring a property tax bill, but I suppose a utility bill or lease agreement would have worked too.

(Granted, it was a NEXUS interview, conducted 50% by CBSA and 50% by CBP, but only the CBP officer wanted to see address verification.)
It would be nice if it were consistent with what they ask for during the online application process and in the confirmation letter . . . according to that I was using my passport to confirm citizenship and identity. If they want two different items, one for each, why not say so?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:05 am

I applied as well in March and have already been approved. If you haven´t gotten your letter yet, it should be imminent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.