Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

It is time for a reminder.

Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

The Trusted Travelers forum is informational. Members come here in search of data points and practical advice about applying for and using the various Trusted Travelers programs.

This thread is for keeping track of processing timelines of first time Global Entry applicants.

Please limit your postings here to seeking and providing practical information, and sharing news, experiences and data points about Global Entry applications approval timelines.

While some limited natural deviation from the topic is obviously acceptable, please let's keep the focus of this thread on reporting approval times.

Complaints, commentaries, opinions, and rants about about government bureaucracy and speculations as to why some applicants experience longer waits for the conditional and/or final approval of their GE applications belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum or OMNI/PR (access to OMNI is limited to members who have been on FlyerTalk for 180 days and posted 180 contributive posts).

Future non-informational content will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:45 pm

Applied online for GE 6/10/19 (first time, and I do not have TSA precheck).
Conditional approval 6/15/19.
First available appointments (facility near LAX) are on 6/27/19 (several appts every 15 minutes) but I set mine for 7/2/19.
After reading online, including their website, I am kind of shocked it was so fast. My passport, DL, etc., all match. Maybe that's why?
They also sent me an email 6/15/19 pushing return airport arrival interviews, but I didn't want to do that.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:29 pm

It looks like there are more CA in a shorter time frame right now if you're lucky (but who really knows how this works). A friend of mine applied and was CA in 3 days

Applied 6/14
CA: 6/17
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Global Entry
84 days not including today and keep counting... waiting for CA.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:46 pm

Do they send out email notifications for conditional approvals, or do you have to keep checking their website?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:25 pm

Still waiting since February 15th here. Just got a reply to my complaint form, with an updated timeframe of up to 16 weeks. Guess it's growing.

Applicants for Global Entry (GE), SENTRI, NEXUS and FAST should expect significant delays in application processing times. If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed:

• Global Entry/FAST: up to 16 weeks
• NEXUS: 3-6 months
• SENTRI: up to 10 months

Again, these are average times - your application may take a shorter or longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited. Unfortunately we have no anticipated date of completion at this time.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by dzdang
Do they send out email notifications for conditional approvals, or do you have to keep checking their website?
Best to assume no email notifications - many FT reports of hit/miss on email notifications.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:16 pm

I never got an email when I was conditionally approved, but afterwards, I started getting them for interview reminders as well as FYI about interviewing upon entering the US again.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by TechieWill
Still waiting since February 15th here. Just got a reply to my complaint form, with an updated timeframe of up to 16 weeks. Guess it's growing.
Boyfriend still 'Pending Review' - just passed week 18 (last Sunday ... applied 02.10.19)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:15 pm

I had to check the website. I was CA but they never notified me.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by LoveEurope
Applied online for GE 6/10/19 (first time, and I do not have TSA precheck).
Conditional approval 6/15/19.
First available appointments (facility near LAX) are on 6/27/19 (several appts every 15 minutes) but I set mine for 7/2/19.
After reading online, including their website, I am kind of shocked it was so fast. My passport, DL, etc., all match. Maybe that's why?
They also sent me an email 6/15/19 pushing return airport arrival interviews, but I didn't want to do that.
Update on 6/18/19. I received this email:
Global Entry Applicant,
You are receiving this e-mail because your scheduled Global Entry Enrollment Center appointment has been cancelled.The ongoing humanitarian and security crisis on our southern border has required extraordinary action by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including the deployment of additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel to the southern border. In response to this effort, CBP is temporarily reducing staff at Global Entry Enrollment Centers and reassigning them to support frontline traveler processing during the summer months. Regrettably, this situation has forced the cancellation of your scheduled appointment.

(There are two options. I can try to schedule an appointment at the Long Beach facility, which I will try calling tomorrow. Or, I can choose to be interviewed after my next international flight at the airport, upon arrival. Also, because I went online and my appointment was still showing there, I called the near-LAX GE office and was told they were informed today the office was closing at the end of June.)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:49 pm

Staff to Southern border

Originally Posted by LoveEurope
Update on 6/18/19. I received this email:
Global Entry Applicant,
You are receiving this e-mail because your scheduled Global Entry Enrollment Center appointment has been cancelled.The ongoing humanitarian and security crisis on our southern border has required extraordinary action by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including the deployment of additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel to the southern border. In response to this effort, CBP is temporarily reducing staff at Global Entry Enrollment Centers and reassigning them to support frontline traveler processing during the summer months. Regrettably, this situation has forced the cancellation of your scheduled appointment.

(There are two options. I can try to schedule an appointment at the Long Beach facility, which I will try calling tomorrow. Or, I can choose to be interviewed after my next international flight at the airport, upon arrival. Also, because I went online and my appointment was still showing there, I called the near-LAX GE office and was told they were informed today the office was closing at the end of June.)
I had my interview on June 10th and the CBP staff member who interviewed me told me the same thing about the long wait times for conditional approval. She said a lot of personnel have been assigned to the southern border which has created a backlog and longer wait time for conditional approval.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mcarney64
I never got an email when I was conditionally approved, but afterwards, I started getting them for interview reminders as well as FYI about interviewing upon entering the US again.
Same here for family members of mine.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:31 am

Angry Still waiting for CA

So on April 25 I filed for myself and my Girlfriend Veronica for Global entry. I am US born and she was born in Mexico but is a US citizen. Neither of us have a record. And neither of us previously have TSA pre-check. I got my CA in about 2 weeks. I waited 3 more weeks to schedule my interview as I was waiting for hers to get approved as well so I could book them for the same time frame. As we live in Jacksonville Fl and the closest airport is 2 hrs away near Orlando. I had my interview in less then 10 minutes was approved. I was told by the nice gentleman that did the interview that the timing has nothing to do with Nationality but who the filed gets assigned to. And that when you applied they don't assign the applications even though from the same house to the same person to complete. He mentioned that if we get to the 9 to 10 week mark to call and let them know we have travel scheduled. Which we do early September and wish to use this service on out return trip. That it may help to get the application looked at quicker. To me the inconsistent timing doesn't make any sense. But for now all we can do is wait and check for updates every few days.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by TechieWill
When did you submit your 'complaint'? Was it online or phone call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.