Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by junaid0110
Update on my escalated application. I got an email from CBP stating that for global entry and nexus. it can take up to 16 weeks for approval. and this is an average wait time. so it can be shorter or longer. now this is really frustrating.
Boyfriend never got an email from CBP from escalation - jeez … he is at 16 weeks & 2 days (114 days) and waiting
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:19 am

Approved!

Originally Posted by larrydata
It's been 2.5 weeks since my in-person interview with no change in my status. The TSA person said it would take a couple of days, but I'm starting to get nervous.

I wasn't rejected, so it could be worse, but was hoping to see this process finally be completed.
Today I noticed that the nbr TSA gave me didn't match my PASSID nbr, so I called and my TSA interviewer was great and very helpful. She fixed something on her side and I'm now approved!
TWA884 and jp-mco like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:12 am

This is the response I got from CBP in the email today for the ticket that was created yesterday:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

The extended partial government shutdown has resulted in a substantial backlog of CBP's Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) applications and renewals. Applicants for Global Entry (GE), SENTRI, NEXUS and FAST should expect significant delays in application processing times. Your application is pending a final review. Unfortunately we have no anticipated date of completion at this time.

Please reply to this email if you need further assistance and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sandra Akers
Applied 3/13, approved today—6/4. 82 days. No interview slots available until 9/23. Scheduled, but hoping to reschedule in a cancellation slot sooner.
was able to reschedule for 7/18. still 6 weeks out.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:50 pm

Longer Wait

So it seems what use to be a 70 day wait has turned into and 80+ day wait. I was hoping to do approval upon arrival for myself and family but we will be 79 days when leaving Canada.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sandra Akers
Applied 3/13, approved today—6/4. 82 days. No interview slots available until 9/23. Scheduled, but hoping to reschedule in a cancellation slot sooner.
CA approved today.
applied: 03.13.2019
CA approved: 06.04.2019
wait time: 83 days
interview scheduled: not yet haven't check the dates yet.

damn it's been a long wait. hopefully I'll be able to enjoy global entry benefits
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Adding a data point.

Applied March 8th 2019
Conditional Approval May 27th 2019

I have since moved to Hong Kong and plan to do my enrolment interview on arrival at LAX when I come back to the states for a conference later this month. It should help kill some time on the 5 hour layover
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Global Entry
I and my wife:
Both applied Mar 27th 2019
Wife Conditional Approved Apr 7th, schedule interview May 19th, received card May 24th
I'm still waiting for Conditional Approved....waiting....waiting....and waiting
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:54 am

What time of day are most of y'all seeing the conditional approvals? This is really trying my nerves to say the least … boyfriend is going on 116 days!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by mcarney64
What time of day are most of y'all seeing the conditional approvals? This is really trying my nerves to say the least … boyfriend is going on 116 days!
Did you get a response to the case you created with CBP?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by mshasib
Did you get a response to the case you created with CBP?
NOPE!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:43 am

Sigh.

Applied and paid on 4/16/19.

Still waiting for conditional approval as of 6/6/19.

51 days and counting. I have an international trip in 6 weeks.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by slayaboy
Sigh.

Applied and paid on 4/16/19.

Still waiting for conditional approval as of 6/6/19.

51 days and counting. I have an international trip in 6 weeks.
Mine is 83 days, leaving in 13 days. I'm ready to go on my vacation without it.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:08 am

NOPE!
Ok … Boyfriend had to do a search in his email and he actually did get a response to the escalated ticket --- short of it says that the current wait time for resolution is 3-4 weeks which will be June 25 - July 2 .. JEEZ!!!! I'm about this [_] close to scheduling my interview alone -- but not going to help at the airport if he doesn't have his - not going to go through the pre-check line and he can't … I have until August to schedule mine, but really concerns me is that last time I checked, there were NO INTERVIEW spots available for our closet GE enrollment location (1.5 hours away) --- the next closest is 4 hours away.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I have until August to schedule mine, but really concerns me is that last time I checked, there were NO INTERVIEW spots available for our closet GE enrollment location (1.5 hours away) --- the next closest is 4 hours away.
Remember - interview slots open "all the time". When you are ready to search for a slot, just check the TTP web site - multiple times per day, during the operating hours of the interview location you are looking for. That's the best way to find the interview slot you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.