Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
My DP:

Applied 2/14, CA on 4/26. No email notice. I had to find out myself today.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Returns, Executive Club, Priority Pass
Quick update for everyone
Self Applied 2/15, CA 4/27 (no email or text notification)
Wife Applied 2/16, CA Awaiting

Last edited by simba2018; Apr 28, 2019 at 6:33 pm Reason: additional information
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by IndianaMan
Hello Fellow FTers. I've been using this site for a few years to get travel tips and tricks but I've never had any information to contribute...until today.

I am a 1st time Global Entry applicant. I applied on April 1, 2019 and was approved today April 12, 2019. I currently have a TSA Precheck number which expires in June. I am also a government employee so that may have helped speed up the process. My interview is scheduled for May 6th. There were lots of earlier times, including next week but that didnt work for my schedule.

Thanks for all the advise over the years.
Following up to my earlier post. After hearing of my quick success, my fiance applied for Global Entry. She just got approved after only 10 days, and one of those was Good Friday, a government holiday. We have our interviews scheduled for next week. Thanks for all the advice/help. Looks to me like the approval process is speeding up.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:45 am

DAY 73 and I just got Conditional Approval on my Feb. 16 Global Entry application
Husband got his Feb. 23 so now we're going to try to reschedule his upcoming interview so I can do mine at the same time.
I know some of you have said it's a good idea to keep checking for new interview availabilities and we plan to do that.
Hopefully the signup page makes the process of changing appointments clear - but just to confirm: we should "RESCHEDULE" any current appointment, not "CANCEL" it, right?
Or is there another site you can point us to where the Global Entry interview process is more appropriately discussed?
Thanks again to all of you here for your great information and most importantly for being a source of hope during the last 73 days.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta, SW, Hyatt, Marriott
Finally approved

1. received conditional approval, but no email. Had to check online.
2. Applied 11Feb, approved 20Apr and 21Apr.
3. Earliest appoint, early August 2019.
4. Called local Airport; only take 2-3 walkins per week (very few cancelled appointments, and walkins only accepted when appointment cancels). Agent who provided info seemed putout that I was calling for information.
5. Will try approval on entry on our next trip if we have enough time between connecting flights.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Returns, Executive Club, Priority Pass
Update: Wife received CA today

Originally Posted by simba2018
Quick update for everyone
Self Applied 2/15, CA 4/27 (no email or text notification)
Wife Applied 2/16, CA Awaiting
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:24 am

Just like me: Applied Feb. 16 and got my CA today - I found out by checking online - received no email or text notification.
Kalbo likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Infinity MileageLands
Only 7 days away from mine now, should be this weekend or early next week. Going to miss it on this trip but will have it for the next 2 later this year.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nocmoc
- but just to confirm: we should "RESCHEDULE" any current appointment, not "CANCEL" it, right?.
Don’t cancel, otherwise it will cancel your application. Reschedule for as far out as you can and then change it to a date closer in when you’re ready to interview.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

Mine got approved already; husband and kids still waiting approval and it’s been 61 days since they applied. Hoping we get all our approval/interviews done before we go out of the country during summer break.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:50 pm

Global entry CA

Just like me: Applied Feb. 16 and got my CA today - I found out by checking online - received no email or text notification.

I also applied Feb 16th but mine still says pending. What time did you notice yours CA
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Slownlow
I also applied Feb 16th but mine still says pending. What time did you notice yours CA
I checked several times this morning but it was probably after 10 am when the good news was finally in my Notifications.

Now that we can make appointments for both of us, Mike signed in and re-scheduled the appointment he had made for his interview (he got CA Feb. 23 after we applied Feb. 16.) So now we're both on the interview schedule for mid-June... but we're going to keep checking each day and hope an earlier date opens up that will work for both of us.

Good luck with yours!
Kalbo likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:13 pm

I checked several times this morning but it was probably after 10 am when the good news was finally in my Notifications.

Now that we can make appointments for both of us, Mike signed in and re-scheduled the appointment he had made for his interview (he got CA Feb. 23 after we applied Feb. 16.) So now we're both on the interview schedule for mid-June... but we're going to keep checking each day and hope an earlier date opens up that will work for both of us.

Good luck with yours!
I just checked 5 min ago and mine was approved. I was beginning to get worried
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent question about Enrollment on Arrival was moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 2, 2019, 7:28 am

Smile Conditionally approved

Applied 4/24, conditionally aporoved today, May 2nd! Husband still pending.

Did not receive an email saying status was updated.

UPDATE: HUBBY CONDITIONALLY APPROVED 5/3/19

Last edited by Shelley74; May 3, 2019 at 8:10 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.